Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Plan to compose a list of psy trance white labels this year and buy them all. Maybe, just maybe...........

Old Post Feb-09-2018 14:03  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
Plan to compose a list of psy trance white labels this year and buy them all. Maybe, just maybe...........

Put them out on mixlcloud or youtube. I can't wait to hear them!

Old Post Feb-25-2018 17:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
majid31
Supreme tranceaddict

If i dont say nonsense , this track has some similar style to that oakenfold rojam set id from minute 5:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...qPFivmw#t=5m50s

Old Post Apr-08-2018 19:25  Algeria
Click Here to See the Profile for majid31 Click here to Send majid31 a Private Message Add majid31 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
keithos27
Perfecto For Clubs

After a long hiatus from TA I cam across this thread hoping there'd be a nice surprise at the end... alas, the hunt continues.

SoundCloud Page

Old Post Apr-11-2018 14:39  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for keithos27 Click here to Send keithos27 a Private Message Visit keithos27's homepage! Add keithos27 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mainline
tranceaddict

What a thread and commitment from the OP. To be fair, it's an excellent track and along with the desire to get to the bottom of the mystery I kind of understand the persistence.

My opinion is that this is a well polished production made by someone with good experience of producing as opposed to someone new trying to break through who passed on a limited acetate to Oakey only to then disappear into obscurity.

It's clearly bears little resemblance to the standard trance played in that era, and the vibe and the Maharashi sample would suggest it likely came from the psy scence. The guitar sample is so well polished too, it may have been sampled from another production. I'm listening trying to spot similarities with another producer's style but nothing obvious comes to mind.

Old Post Jul-28-2020 16:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Mainline Click here to Send Mainline a Private Message Add Mainline to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

Woah what do you think you’re doing man? You can’t just bump a thread like this unless you’re bumping with an ID. Otherwise you’re just playing with people’s emotions.

Old Post Jul-28-2020 18:51  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Well as you can see i narrowed it down to 10.

I have started a giant list of literally any white label that is classed as psy, goa, trance from 1994-00

I am only doing that because someone in here (DragonsEmerald) claimed to have it in his wantlist on cogs thus it must be in cogs. He would not give the name.

Grown men protecting names of other peoples tracks is quite sad

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post Jul-28-2020 21:03  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

You are wasting your time and your money.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-28-2020 22:29  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

I recently bought that Stride Ahead CD. Let me know if you need samples of any track

Probably unrelated, but I also have this. It's not an experimental/abstract record. It's 99/00 trance. https://www.discogs.com/JeRik-Deep-Green/release/2513434

If you're unlucky, someone listed the track you're looking for under the wrong genre.

Old Post Jul-31-2020 12:55  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
You are wasting your time and your money.

Yeah, I mean, I'm sure the records themselves came cheap, but I don't want to even think about how much you've dropped into having them shipped. I know you said you still found some decent stuff amongst the misses, but that's a lot to spend for stuff that's just decent.

I know that all is fair in love & war & track ID's, but sometimes you just gotta abandon the search, or at least suspend it until they wash up on their own.

Old Post Aug-06-2020 05:17  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

It's more the fact he's taking the bullshit proclamations of someone called "DragonsEmerald" as somehow reliable. In the best part of 20 years in this congealed mess we call a scene, the biggest constant I've seen is people bullshitting based on misunderstanding, misinformation or just plain speculation to make themselves appear knowledge or cool or somehow more exclusive than everyone else.

This track isn't on Discogs. It will never be found. The tracklists of the 1990s are stuffed with test presssings, demo versions and unreleased oddities that will never come to light. Why waste so much energy on this particular one?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Aug-06-2020 08:04  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

How long has this hunt gone for?

Old Post Aug-08-2020 01:17  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp id [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Vesiga vs Jomar - "Night Operator" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread