Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Piknic Elektronik 2012
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

Wish I could have been there to support our local crew (cause i'm really, really not a fan of Dubfire)

Sorry I couldn't be there

Will do my best to do a short visit tomorrow

Old Post May-27-2012 03:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ravemontreal Click here to Send Ravemontreal a Private Message Visit Ravemontreal's homepage! Add Ravemontreal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
taface
Supreme tranceaddict

NINAAAAAAAAA

Old Post May-27-2012 18:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for taface Click here to Send taface a Private Message Add taface to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ostrich
13percent.ca

04.03 | Daome w/ Shed & Deadbeat
04.18 | Stereo w/ Matthew Dekay
05.01 | Salon Daomé
05.17 | Stereo w / Sven Vath
05.18 | Piknic Electronik
05.18 | Le Bleury

Old Post May-27-2012 19:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ostrich Click here to Send ostrich a Private Message Visit ostrich's homepage! Add ostrich to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

havent heard a dj set that good in a while. got monotonous and a tad predicted/boring a few times but this chick knows her music.
would defo see her again

Old Post May-28-2012 04:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Casa Click here to Send Casa a Private Message Add Casa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

yaaa i heard she played very well

Old Post May-28-2012 16:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~*Stereohead*~
~*DeepChuggyTechyProg*~

completely unimpressed with nina. again. i voluntarily cut myself from work to attend her show. and i really regret that i did.

if you're gonna use vinyls, for fuck sakes, make your mix at least a little interesting, and beat matched at the bare minimum. i know she's known for "messy mixing", but there's messy, and there's downright bad. right before i left, she train wrecked so fkn badly. her set was totally inconsistent and just up and down, all over the place. monotony, pretentiousness and boredom are the words that come to mind. aside from a few really nostalgic tracks from over 10 years ago, i was so bored with her. stick to modelling honey. that's pretty much all she does when she's playing anyway. pure pop tart performance.

piknic itself was decently packed, considering the weather. no matter who is playing, i always have a good time there, so i wanna make it clear that my review is entirely directed towards the act that was booked, not the event itself i got there as soon as she got on, so i can't comment on the opening acts.

onwards to next sunday. benoit & sergio, wolf & lamb, woot!

Afterhours is a state of mind, but significantly, it's more a state of 'I don't mind'. A determined continuation, contentment and relief that 'it ain't over yet!' An injection of music into attitude and occasion which creates an emotional wave forth that isolates globally, a ringing harmonic, a signal to a like-minded collective that 'we are only us'.

Old Post May-28-2012 17:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~*Stereohead*~ Click here to Send ~*Stereohead*~ a Private Message Add ~*Stereohead*~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ~*Stereohead*~
completely unimpressed with nina. again. i voluntarily cut myself from work to attend her show. and i really regret that i did.

if you're gonna use vinyls, for fuck sakes, make your mix at least a little interesting, and beat matched at the bare minimum. i know she's known for "messy mixing", but there's messy, and there's downright bad. right before i left, she train wrecked so fkn badly. her set was totally inconsistent and just up and down, all over the place. monotony, pretentiousness and boredom are the words that come to mind. aside from a few really nostalgic tracks from over 10 years ago, i was so bored with her. stick to modelling honey. that's pretty much all she does when she's playing anyway. pure pop tart performance.

piknic itself was decently packed, considering the weather. no matter who is playing, i always have a good time there, so i wanna make it clear that my review is entirely directed towards the act that was booked, not the event itself i got there as soon as she got on, so i can't comment on the opening acts.

onwards to next sunday. benoit & sergio, wolf & lamb, woot!

i must say, she started to get a little off with the beatmaching towards the end. still had a lot of fun. To be honest i though she had a ghost producer but after hearing her dj sets you can tell she spends A LOT of time producing.

different strokes for different folks i guess

Old Post May-28-2012 18:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Casa Click here to Send Casa a Private Message Add Casa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
b-ran
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ~*Stereohead*~

i must've left before the trainwreck. as i was leaving she was playing a track with vocals going "i'm a hoe, youz a hoe, were all hoes, .." haha it was pretty funny. but... i thought she really overdid the ghetto vocal house track thing..my brother noted she played 7-8 tracks like that in a row...so it was our time to leave. she did play some interesting shit earlier and also some hard to mix stuff like dj deon's house o matic (posted below.. she must've pitched it down by 8%). it was exactly what i would expect from Nina...though checking her makeup mid-set was clearly milking her sex appeal...i found that kinda lame as much as i find her attractive. overall it was ok but nothing to go nuts over

Old Post May-28-2012 19:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for b-ran Click here to Send b-ran a Private Message Add b-ran to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

Stereohead, you rock with the reviews

good reads, guys

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post May-28-2012 19:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

Saw a video of her spending a full minute busting a move, she does look really into herself.

Old Post May-28-2012 19:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ravemontreal Click here to Send Ravemontreal a Private Message Visit Ravemontreal's homepage! Add Ravemontreal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by b-ran
as i was leaving she was playing a track with vocals going "i'm a hoe, youz a hoe, were all hoes, .." haha it was pretty funny.

gotta say i left around then as well. started getting really bored. went from epic fun to meh. maybe it was the mojos which i thought were just vitamin water when I bought three of them at once. got owned.

she played this, which is cover of this second track, original is from 1998 and is a hiphop track. joe budden and other people sampled it as well. seems theres no sample in the track that nina played, cuz a guy covering the hook ghetto detroitmode:

Old Post May-29-2012 03:02  Canada
Leif
Supreme tranceaddict

^it's in her resident advisor podcast too

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/nina-kraviz-resident-advisor

19min in

Old Post May-29-2012 22:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Leif Click here to Send Leif a Private Message Add Leif to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Piknic Elektronik 2012
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack from WMC! [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMoni B - "Stripped" (Club Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread