Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Steve Angello gets publicly bashed yet again.
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
bcope
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by darouge11
Newest release

You know how the Americans used a few days of van halen to get Noriega out of that house in the 80s?? If I went into hiding today and someone played that song twice by the third time it started I would surrender.

Take me to jail...water board me. Do anything except press play on that again

Old Post May-30-2012 11:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bcope Click here to Send bcope a Private Message Visit bcope's homepage! Add bcope to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Endlesswave
Resident GreekCypriot.

quote:
Originally posted by TheVrk
the image speaks volumes

For me it's the cover and the 3 djs one deck that does it. Laptop etc etc etc is a tired and stupid argument. I've seen at Sonar 3 djs on their own individual decks/laptops that just destroyed.

Old Post May-30-2012 13:30  Cyprus
Click Here to See the Profile for Endlesswave Click here to Send Endlesswave a Private Message Add Endlesswave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

haha this getting pretty ghey

quote:
DJ Sneak answers Steve Angello “H8rs” w/ a free download track called “Fakers”

http://www.jadorehousemusic.com/201...-called-fakers/

Old Post May-31-2012 21:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darouge11
Turntable Terrorist.

lmfaoooo...standing by patiently to hear more bashing

Great vibes at wave house this afternoon, but not sure what dahlback played that cheesy god awful music after me, didnt even know i was on the same gig as these guys!! lol ... seriously what the hell is that sound!! eeeekkkk

-Steve Lawler

Old Post May-31-2012 22:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for darouge11 Click here to Send darouge11 a Private Message Add darouge11 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bcope
Supreme tranceaddict

fakers would be a lot cooler if he had made it from samples taken from the SHM documentary movie but like..cut it all up so it made them say shit they never actually said

*disclaimer: i have never seen the SHM documentary so if this is what actually happened then excuse my ignorance.

Old Post May-31-2012 22:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bcope Click here to Send bcope a Private Message Visit bcope's homepage! Add bcope to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
haha this getting pretty ghey

At least Sneak stepped up and put his money where his music is.

Old Post May-31-2012 22:45  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

That guy needs to go on the Rob Ford diet

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Jun-01-2012 03:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smuncky
Architect

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
That guy needs to go on the Rob Ford diet

chase after reporters and eat kfc?

"The best car-related innovation we have is not to improve the car, but eliminate the need to drive it everywhere we go.” -Alex Steffen

Old Post Jun-02-2012 00:41  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for smuncky Click here to Send smuncky a Private Message Visit smuncky's homepage! Add smuncky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Preacherman
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jad
You can mix off of USB keys or hardrives with the new generation of cdjs. Also, many djs burn mix CDs so that they don't have to change CDs as often. Either way, there's not much mixing going on in this video.

Oh I want to read all sixteen pages of this, but this caught my attention so I figure I should just jump in...

A bit off topic in the intro, but it will lead to an end point... I own the CDJ 900's for the sole purpose of using the USB/LINK features; I just like trying out new technologies. I then found a reason to get rid of them (wife not happy I spent the money) but could not find a suitable buyer. But there was one inquiry that sparked a long telephone conversation with the potential suitor...he needed them just to have on display when he performed his wedding/event gigs because clients were starting to catch on that all this money they were paying just to be entertained by a laptop DJ was not right; he was starting to loose business.

SHM/Niki Manaj/Guetta/DeadMau5 et.al they are the Portal; book them and you get the masses to follow. And these people (DJs/Singers) are entertainers (display antics) at the level that draws that kind of attention; albeit from the efforts of a fan forums like TA.

Bacardi/Heineken/Electric Zoo/Candy Festival ... they came up with a formula to steer the herd in their direction.

It is sad, what we (I being almost 42) have been listening/partying to for years, to see; what seems to be an overnight sensation, take place.

When I discovered HOUSE music (c. 1987) I fell in love with the sound and in time the DJ/Producer. And I stayed in this space because it was special, to the point that it would never make it to the radio stations. I wanted it to ...("be like roaches; always UNDERGROUND").

The minute it goes commercial it gets stripped down and channeled through a select few (as mentioned above); thereby leaving any trace of history or the desire by the next generation to understand it's roots.

All I can hope for is that the HOUSE DJ/Promoter earns some respect amongst those being commercially promoted, because it is tough when you have an opportunity to set up and play (which I have here in my hometown) to even turn an ear in your direction, if you are not playing the "House" sounds of GUETTA/BENASSI/AOKI/Deadmau5. If they have not heard it before (on the radio, or some other commercial venue like the Grammy's) then they don't want to hear you play it.

Reminds me of the time when Paris had a conversation in a DJ booth, in Miami.

Maybe that is what Sneak was trying to say all along, give respect to HOUSE, because it did not just appear it had to be BUILT!!!

“…there are now so many records available; so many mixes of most songs that a DJ’s records are fully analogous to the notes of an instrument.” - Bill Brewster and Frank Broughton ‘Last Night a DJ Saved My Life’

Old Post Jun-03-2012 13:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Preacherman Click here to Send Preacherman a Private Message Visit Preacherman's homepage! Add Preacherman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Preacherman
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jad
You can mix off of USB keys or hardrives with the new generation of cdjs. Also, many djs burn mix CDs so that they don't have to change CDs as often. Either way, there's not much mixing going on in this video.

Oh I want to read all sixteen pages of this, but this caught my attention so I figure I should just jump in...

A bit off topic in the intro, but it will lead to an end point... I own the CDJ 900's for the sole purpose of using the USB/LINK features; I just like trying out new technologies. I then found a reason to get rid of them (wife not happy I spent the money) but could not find a suitable buyer. But there was one inquiry that sparked a long telephone conversation with the potential suitor...he needed them just to have on display when he performed his wedding/event gigs because clients were starting to catch on that all this money they were paying just to be entertained by a laptop DJ was not right; he was starting to loose business.

SHM/Niki Manaj/Guetta/DeadMau5 et.al they are the Portal; book them and you get the masses to follow. And these people (DJs/Singers) are entertainers (display antics) at the level that draws that kind of attention; albeit from the efforts of a fan forums like TA.

Bacardi/Heineken/Electric Zoo/Candy Festival ... they came up with a formula to steer the herd in their direction.

It is sad, what we (I being almost 42) have been listening/partying to for years, to see; what seems to be an overnight sensation, take place.

When I discovered HOUSE music (c. 1987) I fell in love with the sound and in time the DJ/Producer. And I stayed in this space because it was special, to the point that it would never make it to the radio stations. I wanted it to ...("be like roaches; always UNDERGROUND").

The minute it goes commercial it gets stripped down and channeled through a select few (as mentioned above); thereby leaving any trace of history or the desire by the next generation to understand it's roots.

All I can hope for is that the HOUSE DJ/Promoter earns some respect amongst those being commercially promoted, because it is tough when you have an opportunity to set up and play (which I have here in my hometown) to even turn an ear in your direction, if you are not playing the "House" sounds of GUETTA/BENASSI/AOKI/Deadmau5. If they have not heard it before (on the radio, or some other commercial venue like the Grammy's) then they don't want to hear you play it.

Maybe that is what Sneak was trying to say all along, give respect to HOUSE, because it did not just appear it had to be BUILT!!!

“…there are now so many records available; so many mixes of most songs that a DJ’s records are fully analogous to the notes of an instrument.” - Bill Brewster and Frank Broughton ‘Last Night a DJ Saved My Life’

Old Post Jun-03-2012 13:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Preacherman Click here to Send Preacherman a Private Message Visit Preacherman's homepage! Add Preacherman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Preacherman
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jad

Old Post Jun-03-2012 13:12  United States
Preacherman
Junior tranceaddict

hence the Trance Addict in training...DOH!!! did not mean to hit the submit button more than once my elbow was on the left mouse button. What a MAROOON!!!!

Old Post Jun-03-2012 13:25  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Steve Angello gets publicly bashed yet again.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacki need to id this track i think is a remix of madonna [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSchubraketen - Superheftig People (Superheftig Mix) [X-IT Records] [XLTD 9908] [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread