Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The footy discussion thread
Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid

If this is directed at me: The only name I called System-J was "clueless". I called him clueless because what I gathered from his implications was that Chelsea's roster was over the hill. You'd have to be an idiot to think that. I asked him a few questions and stated my opinion. System-J escalated things at will and not once did I call him out personally until my very last post. Because his vocabulary is a lot more colorful than mine his posts look a lot prettier and I can see why you would take his side, but I think you should re-read.

I'm not taking anybody's side with that argument. I don't follow soccer that much so it'd be pretty pointless for me to take sides. I will say that he did formulate some more compelling arguments than you did though, just to be fair.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 05:10  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
Also, d36 doesn't serve pints of beer. They don't even have taps
you've been on here since 2007 and aren't even 21 yet? dayumm. I've come to assume that anyone registered between 05-08 is 26 - 30 years old haha

I'm 23 lol. I don't think the date registered really pertains to a certain age range.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 05:11  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

I tend to assume that most people on here are older than I am--and for each year registered before me I figure they must be 1-6 years older than me.
I think that it's usually pretty close.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 05:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kapedano
Forza Inter!

Does Inter have a chance tomorrow? Shalkes defense sucks..but then again, so does ours.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 05:21  Albania
Click Here to See the Profile for Kapedano Click here to Send Kapedano a Private Message Add Kapedano to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

I think that even Inter would admit that their chances are slim.
They needed a nice bit of magic to knock out Bayern in the last round, but this is another level. It should make for a really interesting game though, eh?

Old Post Apr-13-2011 05:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sensorium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
You just know all of the bars in Mexico exploded in joy for Chicharrito.

Hmmm... bars? Cantinas, pendejo.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 07:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sensorium Click here to Send sensorium a Private Message Add sensorium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Are you joking? Every club publishes a financial report, every year. By the club's own admission they lose money every single year. From the club's official website:

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Lates...1918410,00.html

That make sense to you? Your club's aim is to break even. In other words, to be able to afford to pay your own players without Abramovich's help. If you can't even pay your existing players right now, where are you going to find the transfer fees to replace five first team players?

It isn't just me who thinks the UEFA rulings will be a problem either:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9450671.stm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...-uefa-fair-play
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...play-rules.html

Fucking hilarious that you're calling me clueless when you don't even know the financial situation at the club you apparently "support". You've always been an absolute idiot, as long as you've been posting on TA, but this is impressive even for you.

To continue this very good point, I'll be very interested to see if Uefa do follow this plan and piss off the 'big' clubs who spend but don't break even, if anything I forsee them making a breakaway CL or something because they won't accept not being in europe or the monies that brings.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 08:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

What other clubs are like that though?
I remember reading a few months back that Barcelona had been audited and their debt was actually larger than the money they brought in. I think they were trying to attribute it to the previous management, but I can't quite remember and don't know what all that means exactly.

I can't imagine Barca not breaking even - they must have among the largest revenue streams in all of world sports.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 08:12  United States
Ian
Not dead yet.

Real & Barca probably. Right now, Man Utd have a lot of debt due to the owners and the way they're running things. Italian football has noteriety for being dodgy so I wouldn't bet past any of them having shady bookkeeping.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 08:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

Hoping FSN shows the inter game ahead of the madrid one.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 17:44  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Most recent footballing richlist: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12376035
quote:

* 1. Real Madrid: 438.6m euros
* 2. Barcelona: 398.1m euros
* 3. Man Utd: 349.8m euros
* 4. Bayern Munich: 323m euros
* 5. Arsenal: 274.1m euros
* 6. Chelsea: 255.9m euros
* 7. AC Milan: 235.8.m euros
* 8. Liverpool: 225.3m euros
* 9. Inter Milan 224.8m euros
* 10. Juventus: 205m euros

The UEFA rules don't apply to Man United's debt, because United's debt isn't a footballing expense. A club is free to lose money to external sources, it just isn't allowed to gain from them.

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
Using the expression "what are you, retarded?" does not actually mean I'm calling you retarded, airhead.

This is why everyone's shitting on you, because you're being laughably passive-aggressive. "I didn't call you a retarded, I just said you're acting retarded", "I didn't say you were wrong, I just questioned whether you were right" and so on. You also ignore valid points in favour of nit-picking and pulling the opinion card to avoid having to acknowledge the shittiness of your club.

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
I think Americans and the English tend to not argue well. When J calls you a dipshit, it means more of "you're being stupid" than him actually not liking you as a person.

Nah, I just don't like the guy and I've made it very clear to him.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-13-2011 18:12  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

Nah, I just don't like the guy and I've made it very clear to him.

Fair enough, this was the first exchange I remember seeing between the two of you.

Old Post Apr-13-2011 18:16  Ireland

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The footy discussion thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCan't remember the name of this tune!!! [2010] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThe Space Cowboy - Crazy Talk [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread