Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > 1ST US Love Parade back in 2004
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
breakinbeats
On a mission

Ghost Smilie 1ST US Love Parade back in 2004

Does anyone have pictures from the first US Love Parade in SF in 2004? That was a true Rave organized party. Alot different in real ways from some events today. So raw and fun! I remember rockin out with the lead float through the city as a TA Raver do. I can remember the local business folk lookin at the parade like "WTF is this!" Loved every moment of it. There was no politics involved too just abunch of forward thinkin people leadin the way.

Was anyone there? Can yall remember that event? That was RAd types in the fresh Cali air. Rave proper

Have any pics from then?

- Breakinbeats

Old Post Mar-24-2019 19:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for breakinbeats Click here to Send breakinbeats a Private Message Add breakinbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Was this the one that ended at the parking lot near what is now the Giants stadium? If so, I was there and it was fucking cool! Much smaller then the following years but very special. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures but I remember lots of it.

Old Post Mar-25-2019 15:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
breakinbeats
On a mission

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Was this the one that ended at the parking lot near what is now the Giants stadium? If so, I was there and it was fucking cool! Much smaller then the following years but very special. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures but I remember lots of it.

Yes! It was very Rad. So many old school Ravers there. I wish people today knew what being an old school Raver meant, lol. There just was this vibe where everyone was chill and cool and apart of something new. Very unlike much of whats out there now. Like these people who gathered at these events were the forward thinkers... the ones that flew above society. You had to be smart sometimes to find these types of events. When you did and got into the groove it was a vibe on the forefront of culture. The massive raves today are fun and a standard of booty shorts with mostly naked people I enjoy lol but back in the late 90's to early 2000's these Raves were produced with an even diversity of different intelligent people while Dj's spun Vinyl lol.

Oh man I miss it

Old Post Mar-25-2019 15:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for breakinbeats Click here to Send breakinbeats a Private Message Add breakinbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by breakinbeats
Yes! It was very Rad. So many old school Ravers there. I wish people today knew what being an old school Raver meant, lol. There just was this vibe where everyone was chill and cool and apart of something new. Very unlike much of whats out there now. Like these people who gathered at these events were the forward thinkers... the ones that flew above society. You had to be smart sometimes to find these types of events. When you did and got into the groove it was a vibe on the forefront of culture. The massive raves today are fun and a standard of booty shorts with mostly naked people I enjoy lol but back in the late 90's to early 2000's these Raves were produced with an even diversity of different intelligent people while Dj's spun Vinyl lol.

Oh man I miss it

I think one of my reasons for getting into the scene (besides the music) was the counter culture. I felt like i found something that was different. Something that I could call my own. Then it got all mainstream and the folks that teased me about listening to "techno" started attending these events and getting all "raved out" n shit. These were all good friends so I didn't mock them or anything but I felt that the scene I had become a part of had been lost to mainstream culture.

Old Post Mar-25-2019 18:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

I have a bunch but most are with friends and all not worth really posting. I had a shitty camera then. Here's a few I quickly found that I put up way back then. Hopefully this works. All shitty.

Old Post Mar-26-2019 00:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

that's it! Thanks Dave! All the floats were so much smaller compared the later years.

Old Post Mar-26-2019 16:07  United States
breakinbeats
On a mission

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
I think one of my reasons for getting into the scene (besides the music) was the counter culture. I felt like i found something that was different. Something that I could call my own. Then it got all mainstream and the folks that teased me about listening to "techno" started attending these events and getting all "raved out" n shit. These were all good friends so I didn't mock them or anything but I felt that the scene I had become a part of had been lost to mainstream culture.

Well said. Yes it was amazing when you're apart of something that has good content and untouched from the fingers of corporate Jargger. A metaphor that makes sense is that it is safer to be accepted in the herd rather than leading a trail yourself with your own intuitions. A true person with a solid inner self leads how they choose from within no matter what other people are saying from the outside. Our perception to our surroundings and world through experiences helps shape our truth that we all do seek. In the raver scene for what it was and what it is now, I believe old school ravers, dance artists, and party goers from back in the day and when TA just started taking off are ambassadors to the real thing. Main stream will never be able to take this away from us. It might exploit it and sell it but just know its because we are original.

Thanks DaveT for the pics!! I did see your name all in the forum topics back in the day when I did an archive search. It has been really refreshing to read how we were talkin about things back then haha. Amazing how Swamper and TA kept it all on file. Cheers!

Old Post Mar-26-2019 19:30 
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Bitch please, you're talking about "old school raving" in 2004?

My raving days started in 1995 in the UK and that shit was underground. I mean no sponsored floats, and often shut down by the fuzz, if they could find it.

In fairness and all seriousness though, 2004 was early rave/club scene for the USA, or at least the West Coast (special shout out to Doc Martin, Marques Wyatt, Hip E and Halo for keeping real in those early dance music years). Sure detroit, NY and Chicago were doing it since the 80's but that was a very niche scene compared to the USA as a whole.

I get what Billy's saying though; it was about counter culture and it being something different. People don't understand that rave culture grew out of and was a reaction to a previous conservative climate (80/90's) just like flower power in the late 1960's did after the very conservative 19050's.

Sadly, "rave culture" or at least club culture got so capitalized that it's a shadow of it's former self. In their haydays (i.e. 90's) top DJ's like Sasha or Danny Rampling or Sven Vath or Carl Cox used ot earn about £2k per set and that was considered a good income. These days, twats like Marshmallow probably have $2k in gummy bears on their riders.

I don't even look at or know what the mainstream dance music scene is now. It's a bunch of alcohol brands and mobile phone companies trying to be down with the kids, and actually has very little to do with the essence of dance music.

Old Post Mar-26-2019 20:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

I don't even look at or know what the mainstream dance music scene is now. It's a bunch of alcohol brands and mobile phone companies trying to be down with the kids, and actually has very little to do with the essence of dance music.

LOLLL! Honestly... i don't know what mainstream is these days. It's everywhere!

My wifes 2 nieces got into "EDM" last year. They were all about the "bay area hip hop scene" (yeah nucca). Where if it wasn't hip hop, it was "gay". They used to tease my wife (their aunt) and I about our musical preferences.

Now they're in college and It's all about EDM!!!! And if it's not EDM (like Diplo n shit like that), then it's too main stream for them.

My response: "Shut the fuck up. Get me a beer from the fridge before I tell your parents you're doing drugs at raves".

Them: lowers heads in shame. Gets beers from fridge.

Old Post Mar-27-2019 13:20  United States
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

That was the most amazing weekend!!!

Did 2 UGs and the parade that year.

Dax on Friday and Gingerbread hauz until the sun came up.

Freakin ballz out.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Mar-27-2019 15:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Bitch please, you're talking about "old school raving" in 2004?

My raving days started in 1995 in the UK and that shit was underground. I mean no sponsored floats, and often shut down by the fuzz, if they could find it.

In fairness and all seriousness though, 2004 was early rave/club scene for the USA, or at least the West Coast (special shout out to Doc Martin, Marques Wyatt, Hip E and Halo for keeping real in those early dance music years). Sure detroit, NY and Chicago were doing it since the 80's but that was a very niche scene compared to the USA as a whole.

I get what Billy's saying though; it was about counter culture and it being something different. People don't understand that rave culture grew out of and was a reaction to a previous conservative climate (80/90's) just like flower power in the late 1960's did after the very conservative 19050's.

Sadly, "rave culture" or at least club culture got so capitalized that it's a shadow of it's former self. In their haydays (i.e. 90's) top DJ's like Sasha or Danny Rampling or Sven Vath or Carl Cox used ot earn about £2k per set and that was considered a good income. These days, twats like Marshmallow probably have $2k in gummy bears on their riders.

THIS. Simply THIS.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Mar-27-2019 16:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orbital32
Revolution

quote:
Originally posted by DaveT
I have a bunch but most are with friends and all not worth really posting. I had a shitty camera then. Here's a few I quickly found that I put up way back then. Hopefully this works. All shitty.

Ha! i was looking back at my photos from there was thinking the exact same thing. Shitty photos and not worth posting.

but here is my pics from back then.

LoveParade 2004 Photos

Damn, i can't believe its been 15 years already. holy crap. anyways, I might post 2005 Loveparade but i want to edit out all the TA's from then. I don't know where they are in their lives and not sure if they still want their photos out there. I saw DaveT in a few of them.

Old Post Apr-01-2019 07:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Orbital32 Click here to Send Orbital32 a Private Message Visit Orbital32's homepage! Add Orbital32 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > 1ST US Love Parade back in 2004
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOne ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAyla - "Dreamland" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread