Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Pages (49): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

The "psy shit" and all the goa/acid/psy stuff from the earlier 90s is what I'd consider real trance o.o

Anything from Platipus, ever.

Old Post Nov-12-2009 00:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

exactly

Old Post Nov-12-2009 00:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

Old Post Nov-12-2009 01:52  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Illusion7
Junior tranceaddict

Paul van Dyk - Another Way

Sasha - Xpander

Tilt vs Paul van Dyk - Rendezvous (Quadrophonic Mix)(This was actually one of the tracks that got me into trance, on Oakenfold's "Tranceport"

Jam & Spoon - Stella

Melodic hook lines repeated throughout a track is what I've always equated trance with...with a track that builds and builds over time with some effects but nothing overdone...basically progressive trance.

Last edited by Illusion7 on Nov-12-2009 at 07:19

Old Post Nov-12-2009 07:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Illusion7 Click here to Send Illusion7 a Private Message Add Illusion7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Existo22
Suspended User

Real Trance????

This is trance. About as ''real'' as trance gets. This is pure bliss coming from the speakers right there. And fuck everybody trying to tell me otherwise. Like I am not supposed to like the shit coz it got a JP-8000.

He... you hipsters got it twisted..

Albion Air (1998) = Real trance.

Now You know

Bring on the lasers.

Old Post Nov-12-2009 08:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Existo22 Click here to Send Existo22 a Private Message Add Existo22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Roxy_Cottontail
tranceaddict in training

Old Post Nov-12-2009 10:59  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Roxy_Cottontail Click here to Send Roxy_Cottontail a Private Message Add Roxy_Cottontail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancemaster63
lost in music

Old Post Nov-12-2009 11:10  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for trancemaster63 Click here to Send trancemaster63 a Private Message Add trancemaster63 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
The "psy shit" and all the goa/acid/psy stuff from the earlier 90s is what I'd consider real trance o.o

Anything from Platipus, ever.

no, the goa/acid/psy stuff is goa, acid and psy.

not trance. thats where its roots may be. but its a different thing. don't think some people realise this in their bid to be a purist.

albion - air is probably the best example of pure trance before it went commercial. cracking tune. thats when digweed etc actually played trance in their sets. i remember air was in a GU compilation.

also really like rendezvous. brilliant rasping sound and melody taken from tilt's invisible. nice moody effects and gibbersh vocal. really great trance.

Old Post Nov-12-2009 13:15  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Don't get me wrong, Air is one of my top10 favorite songs and it is an amazing track [and it closed Digweed's Sydney [GU:06] Disc 1].

But real trance is stuff like Red Herring by Union Jack, Age of Love by Age of Love, We Came in Peace by Dance 2 Trance, Deeper Than Deep by Art of Trance, Teleport by Man With No Name, and of course:

Old Post Nov-12-2009 13:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
no, the goa/acid/psy stuff is goa, acid and psy.

not trance. thats where its roots may be. but its a different thing. don't think some people realise this in their bid to be a purist.

albion - air is probably the best example of pure trance before it went commercial. cracking tune. thats when digweed etc actually played trance in their sets. i remember air was in a GU compilation.

also really like rendezvous. brilliant rasping sound and melody taken from tilt's invisible. nice moody effects and gibbersh vocal. really great trance.

You obviously don't have a clue at all.
There is nothing called "trance" only. At least not later than the early years of trance when there were no bulletproof borders between the differnt styles. The label "goa trance" is to easier catagorize the different types of trance music. The same goes for the labels "progressive trance, hard trance, melodic trance" etc.

In other words you are totally wrong when saying "goa trance is not trance". Which is quite funny since it's called "goa trance" and not "goa".

Also if you are want the be orthodox and really search for the so called "pure trance" you have to go back to the early years before trance became bastardized and commercialized.

Tracks such as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch6m01zySq0

Old Post Nov-12-2009 13:53  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
decent idiot

I think Air and Rendevouz is more progressive trance than it is "real trance". But then again I guess it's all down to definition. If we go by what defined trance in the early 90s I'd say acid/psy/goa trance is more real than prog. Though back then the music on trance-compilations varied from techno to acid house to breakbeat, all over the spectre. When progressive trance came full on it kind of took the role of "real trance", but if you look up the definition of the genre (hypnotizing, dark, driving) - most acid/psy/goa fit the description better.

I'm not saying there aren't hypnotizing dark and driving prog tracks out there - this monster is a good example:

Klangkarussell - Sternenkinder

Old Post Nov-12-2009 13:58  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
floyd741
addict

quote:
Originally posted by RebeL9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch6m01zySq0

fuck yeah, great track

Old Post Nov-12-2009 13:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for floyd741 Click here to Send floyd741 a Private Message Add floyd741 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (49): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackprogressive [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVector 7 meets Blair Bitch - "Leprechaun" [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread