Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > My friend turned into a transgender woman.
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

'Kentucky Tranny' is definitely going to be the name for my next Acid/Jazzcore/Bluegrass jug band.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 15:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

Re: Re: Re: My friend turned into a transgender woman.

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
What do you mean you don't know what I mean by "act normal"? I've known this guy for years and all of a sudden he's a chick. It's kind of a strange transition to me, it's not like I can just flip a switch and see that he's always been a woman. It's going to take some time to get used to.

Ah.. I thought you were wondering how the transition is for them, not for yourself.

Just try to be supportive, you'll get used to it eventually.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 15:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

Re: Re: My friend turned into a transgender woman.

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
Post link to FB page.

A+

Old Post Apr-25-2012 15:59  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
'Kentucky Tranny' is definitely going to be the name for my next Acid/Jazzcore/Bluegrass jug band.

I call the Harmonica.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

With a name like zip, you're definitely on the kazoo. And sometimes the spoon, but only for those melodic outros.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Re: Re: Re: Re: My friend turned into a transgender woman.

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
Just try to be supportive, you'll get used to it eventually.

To add to this, I think that 'be supportive' is usually misconstrued advice with a lot of people. You don't need to talk about how you've seen Priscilla, Queen of the Desert 167 times. (btw, can I have my BluRay back? Thanks.)

Just ask them questions, if you're curious. With respect, of course. They're still the exact same people, but now they are going through a time where they are becoming increasingly self-aware and questioning who they are, and that's nothing but a great thing. They'll likely appreciate that you would like to understand them better, rather than merely judge - or sometimes worse still - be this gleeful, YO GO GURL! fucking annoying shit, who treats their trans friends more like campaign platforms than actual human beings.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:24 
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

You're probably concerned with how you'll carry yourself out of good intention as you don't want to offend or have awkward, alienating experiences, but I think you ought to think less of yourself and be more concerned with understanding what your friend is going through. You would be much better off focusing on how she feels, as she's the one going through such an immense transition.
If you try to be genuinely empathetic with people, I think that you really can't go wrong most of the time.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I think you should be honest with your friend and express how awkward this is for you, and suggest some ways he could make you feel more comfortable with his/her change.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Tell her that you're happy about it because you always wanted to bang her.
An embarrassment shared is an embarrassment halved.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post Apr-25-2012 17:05  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Ask to see her penis one last time before she cuts it off.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 17:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

You spelt 'taste' wrong.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 17:21 
wienerschnitzel
Supreme tranceaddict

Hal.

Maybe the beard was a last attempt to deny or hide who they are.. I'm still learning about transgendered women and a lot of what I have learned is from having avana on my Facebook. I think she's actually pretty cool! I would probably agree with what jenny said, and maybe caution not to pry too much as it's still her personal life and she might not be comfortable sharing everything. But I doubt I even have to mention that as you're a pretty smart guy nick... GEE WILIKERS!!

Old Post Apr-25-2012 17:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for wienerschnitzel Click here to Send wienerschnitzel a Private Message Add wienerschnitzel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > My friend turned into a transgender woman.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksweet tune --> "riva - stringer" [2007] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMoby - "Go" (Jam & Spoon Dub) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread