Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Hjärngymnastik - 90s Acid, Ambient, IDM, Detroit Techno, Electro (and some trance)
Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Hjärngymnastik 003:

01. James Bernard - Euph [Rising High Records - 1994]
02. Nico - Pulse 212 [Go! Bang Records - 1996]
03. Luke Slater's 7th Plain - Pearl [Volume - 1994]
04. Link - The Augur [Symbiotic - 1993]
05. Claude Young - Impolite To Refuse [Astralwerks - 1996]
06. Jori Hulkkonen - The Street Near Your Place [F Communications - 1998]
07. Mark Broom - Lost Message [Pure Plastic - 1996]
08. The Movement - Future Force [Dunkla Quality Recordings - 1998]
09. Spicelab - Feathers (Terry Lee Brown Jr Remix) [Spy Vs. Spice - 1996]
10. The Living Room - Gate Dub [Night Vision - 1994]
11. Point Blank - Meng's Theme (Original Mix) [Brave New World Records - 1994]
12. Vegas Soul - Time Flies [Bellboy Records - 1997]
13. F.U.S.E. - Dimension Intrusion [Plus 8 Records - 1993]
14. Tiny Objects In Space - Propellor [Sonic Records - 1994]
15. Plastikman - Plasticide [NovaMute - 1993]
16. Deepside - Prelusion [Fnac Music Dance Division - 1992]
17. Alien Community - Interdimensional Communication Part V [Fax +49-69/450464 - 1993]

Some incoherent ramblings about these selections:

The intro track was taken from James Bernard's album called Atmospherics, released on Rising High Records in 1994. This is some proper ambient
that I will feature a lot more. This album also came with the 9 crates I purchased earlier, which got mentioned in the ramblings of the
second episode.

Nico's Target EP on Go Bang! Records from 1996 seems to be quite wanted on Discogs. Maybe it's for the main tracks called Urgent and Target?
I don't know, but I chose to play the B2 track called Pulse 212 which I found on the Ambient Sunscapes Volume Two compilation released on
Sun Music in 1997.

Mastermind Luke Slater is mostly known for his Planetary Assault Systems project, but in the early 90s he made a string of releases under
his 7th Plain alias. I'm glad he's resurrected this project. This track was not featured on the album or any twelve inch release, but
was instead found on the compilation called Trance Europe Express Vol 3, released on Volume in 1994. I've mentioned the Trance Europe
Express booklets earlier. Get them (as well as the CDs)!

I wonder if I will play music by Mark Pritchard in every episode? There's a big chance this might happen, seeing how extensive his catalogue
is (Global Communication among others). The Augur was released on Symbiotic in 1993. I don't own the vinyl, but luckily it's featured on
many compilations in my collection such as In Order To Dance Volume 5 and The Spirit Of The Underground Volume 3.

Impolite To Refuse received a repress and some new mixes a few years ago, but it's actually a track that saw its release in 1996 on Astralwerks.
I mostly know Claude Young for his faster upfront techno similar to Jeff Mills, but this is a more experimental track.

Jori Hulkkonen is surely among the top producers coming out of Finland, producing a wide variety of styles. Here's a track from his
second album on F Communications called The Spirits Inside Me, released in 1998. It was also featured on the twelve inch release
named Inside Me.

Angie Is A Shoplifter is the title for a Mark Broom album that came out in 1996 on Pure Plastic. Great producer and DJ who I've managed
to catch a few times playing at About Blank in Berlin.

The Movement is a little known alias of swedish producer Aril Brikha. The tracks can only be found on compilations by Dunkla Quality Recordings.
This particular track was taken from the compilation called Hardclubbing 4: Scandinavian Sound Design from 1998. Some
known selector must have played tracks by this label lately, looking at the Discogs prices for the Sorted Tracks twelve inch.

Oliver Lieb's Spicelab alias is well known player in the world of early techno and trance music. I didn't know Terry Lee Brown Junior used
to make music in this style, so I was quite surprised. It was taken from a compilation called Cosmic Trance Chapter 1 released on Legoan
in 1997 but was initially released on Spicelab's EP called Feathers released on Spy Vs. Spy in 1996.

Gate Dub was taken from the compilation called Nightvision which features a series of tracks released by Orlando Voorn. Voorn's back
catalogue features a lot of interesting tracks, but I'm not too intrigued by recent outputs.

Probably my favourite trance-sounding track at the moment. Meng's Theme received an unnecessary remix by Joris Voorn recently, but there's
no reason to pay any attention to it. The original version is all that is needed. Behind the alias is Jeroen Verheij who's also known as
Secret Cinema.

Vegas Soul is an alias by Chris Cowie. Time Flies was taken from the excellent compilation series Dream Injection's fourth installment, released in 1997.
It was also featured on the album released the same year on Bellboy Records. I haven't dug too deep in Cowie's catalogue,
but there are a number of recently reissued Aquatrax tracks that tingled my ears.

I don't really know what Riche Hawtin is up to these days besides playing for bros in Ibiza, but in the early nineties he had a lot
of interesting projects going on. I probably like Plastikman the most - I bought that expensive boxset with a thousand disks - but F.U.S.E. comes close.
Dimension Intrusion was lifted from the album sharing the same name, released on Plus 8 Records and Warp Records in 1993.
Speaking of Riche Hawtin, I need to get my hands on The Shamen - Ebeneezer Goode (South Of Detroit Instrumental). I only own the non-
instrumental version, which is unplayable because it features the original vocals.

Another track by Taylor Deupree, this time as the alias Tiny Objects In Space. This track was lifted from the compilation called Analog
Heaven: A Collection Of New York Acid Trax released on Sonic Records in 1994. The compilation features many other New York Profiles such
as Adam X and Damon Wild. No Frankie Bones though?

Hawtin again. This is Plasticine from the Sheet One album released on NovaMute in 1993.

Ludovic Navarre, mostly known for the St. Germain alias, has a history of great acid and techno releases on labels such as F Communications
and its previous Fnac Music Dance Division. Prelusion can be found on the Deepside EP if you feel like paying 40-50 EUR. I took my version
from La Collection released in 1994 on Fnac Music Dance Division.

Finishing the set is Alien Community, a project by Jonah Sharp (Spacetime Continuum) and Fax label boss Pete Namlook. I think this is the
only track that got pitched up (about 8%) in this set. These Fax compilations and albums go for ridiculous prices but I got lucky when
finding several at the same time for basically no money at all. The track was taken from their first album on Fax +49-69/450464 released in 1993.

Old Post Jan-20-2019 08:37  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Hjärngymnastik 004:

01. PGR - Sulphur (Flowers Sublimed) [Silent - 1992]
02. Theorem - Mantra One [Plus 8 Records - 1997]
03. Planet Gong - Lunar 326 [Djax-Up-Beats - 1993]
04. Marshall Jefferson And The Lumpheads - A New State Of Being [Volume - 1996]
05. Vibert / Simmonds - Aple [Rephlex - 1994]
06. Two Lone Swordsmen - Flossie Wears Paco And Ralph [Emissions Audio Output - 1996]
07. Minimalisterna - The Czechoslovakian Cuttlefish [Dunkla Quality Recordings - 1997]
08. The Kooky Scientist - O.L.D. Vs. N.E.A.U. [Plus 8 Records - 1997]
09. Motion Control - Handcuffed [Universal Code - 1996]
10. Titonton - Encompass + Engulf [Multiplex - 1998]
11. Alter Ego - Electric Bedroom [Harthouse - 1996]
12. Aftrax - OSC 1 [NovaMute - 1995]
13. C.J. Bolland - Pendulum [R&S Records - 1992]
14. Manual - Baby [Out On A Limb - 1995]
15. Colone - D-9-5 [Labworks Germany - 1992]
16. Deep Space Network Meets Higher Intelligence Agency - Ramp One [Source Records - 1996]
17. Percy X Vs. Blood Sugar - Minus Three (Emissions 3) [Soma Quality Recordings - 1995]

Poison Gas Research (shortened to PGR) was an industrial group active in the mid 80s to mid 90s. For the intro to the fourth mix, I chose a
track from the 1992 album The Chemical Bride which was released on Silent. When playing tracks from industrial groups, I tend to choose the
more ambient and slower tracks as I'm not a fan of EBM/Industrial's shouting.

Dale Lawrence was releasing a number of very minimalistic and dubby techno in the late 90s and early 00s. I'm not sure if he's been releasing
anything in later years, but his output on M_nus and Plus 8 Records is definitely worth digging out. Mantra One was originally released on
vinyl on Plus 8 in 1997, but I picked my version from one of the CD compilations.

Dylan Hermelijn's had his hands in many projects during the 90s. Nowadays he's mostly known as 2000 And One. During the summer of 2018 I heard
his set at Sugarfactory in Amsterdam, but nothing he puts out nowadays can touch his old releases. I took Lunar 326 from a compilation called
Lost In Infinity which was released on Labworks Germany in 1993. The track can also be found on Planet Gong's quite pricey 2x12" released on
Djax-Up-Beats in the same year.

Chicago House pioneer Marshall Jefferson decided not to include any erotic whispering on this compilation-only track he did together with the
Lumpheads. The track was taken from Trance Europe Express Volume 5 released on Volume in 1995.

Weirs is an album Luke Vibert made together with Jeremy Simmonds. It was released on vinyl in 1993 and later on CD in 1994. I'll be playing
some of Vibert's tracks later on as well. Mostly tracks he made under his Wagon Christ project.

Two Lone Swordsmen were founded in 1995 by Andrew Weatherall and Keith Tenniswood. Flossie Wears Paco And Ralph was taken from their 1996
album Swimming Not Skimming which was released on Weatherall's label Emissions Audio Output.

I've gathered about half of Dunkla Quality Records catalogue. Besides releasing a small number of vinyl from 96 to 98, they also released a
series of CD compilations called Hardclubbing. The name of these compilations might fool a potential buyer into dismissing them as some kind
of hard dance junk, but they're all quite good. Another quite good project on Dunkla was called Minimalisterna. The track I picked was released on their
1997 album called We've Left Kansas.

I'm unable to find The Kooky Scientist's album in my shelves. Either it got lost or sold long time ago, but I remember buying it in 2006 shortly before
moving to Stockholm. This track, however, was also found on the same compilation as the Theorem track played earlier in this
set.

When looking at the discogs page for Motion Control's Digit album my wantlist starts growing rapidly. Originally I intended to write something
about the Norwegian label Beatservice and a few words about this release, but instead I'm checking my PayPal balance. There seems to be heaps
of interesting Norwegian releases out there.

I'm not at all familiar with Titonton Duvanté catalogue other than owning a Multiplex compilation which features this track. It's definitely an artist
I need to discover further, seeing as he's been releasing experimental techno on labels such as Metamorphic Records as well as collaborations
with producers such as Morgan Geist and John Tejada.

I've got Electric Bedroom on a number of Harthouse and Eye Q-related compilations, but I believe it was originally released on Decoding The Hacker
Myth in 1996. It's another project involving Roman Flügel, here paired up with Jörg Elling Wuttke. Besides Alter Ego, they're also known for Acid Jesus,
The Primitive Painter and Basic Gravity.

OSC 1 is taken from the B-side of Aftrax's Extended Play EP which was released on NovaMute in 1995.

When heavily pitching down CJ Bolland's track called Pendulum, it changed from fast-paced intensity to a slow, bleepy techno track. So much
better than the original speed if you ask me. The album was released on R&S Records in 1992.

Glasgow-based label Out On A Limb has a number of releases worth checking out. I picked up the album by Manual called Tuneage when digging
in Gothenburg a couple of years ago. The Baby track also got a vinyl release, but my version is taken from said album.

I haven't paid attention to recent releases by Robert Babicz in a very long time, but the projects he was involved with in the 90s are always
worth checking out. Acid Science Trax Vol. 2 features this widely recognized track named D-9-5, a release fetching insane prices on Discogs.
Luckily it's also available on a number of CD compilations in my collection.

Deep Space Network met Higher Intelligence Agency and the outcome was this 1996 album on Source Records. It features many brilliant tracks,
and I chose to play Ramp One. If you're looking for the vinyl issue, you'd have to pay somewhere around 200 EUR, but you can fetch the CD
for as little as 30 EUR.

Another producer with a name that throws my thoughts towards awful hard dance. To my luck, Percy X doesn't fit the criteria. I found this CDM
when browsing some swedish charity shop a long time ago, not really knowing who Percy was, but seeing as it was released on Soma Quality
Records it became mine for roughly a euro.

Last edited by lacksesepsotygh on Jan-27-2019 at 08:28

Old Post Jan-27-2019 08:21  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Hjärngymnastik 005:

01. The Orb - Rose Tinted [Island Records - 1997]
02. Enhanced - Knaqua [Planet E - 1994]
03. Fugue - Contrapoint [Likemind - 1994]
04. Nubia Archade - Six Fingers [Blackstrobe - 1996]
05. Spooky - Little Bullet (Dum Dum Remix) [Guerilla - 1993]
06. Cirrus Minor - Zulu [Silent - 1993]
07. Reel By Real - Distance [Infonet - 1992]
08. Audio Quest - The Mental Screen [No Bones Records - 1996]
09. Kim Rapatti - Instrument VI [Dum Records - 1995]
10. Paranonia - Symmerian [Nova Zembla - 1995]
11. The Vision - Perpetual Motion [Underground Resistance - 1991]
12. Psyche/BFC - Galaxy [Planet E - 1996]
13. Biochip C. - The Life Of A Headhunter [Force Inc. Limited - 1993]
14. Andrea Parker - Melodious Thunk [Mo Wax - 1996]
15. Ian Pooley - Rosarium [Force Inc. Limited - 1993]
16. Hiroshi Morohashi - Two [Plink Plonk - 1996]
17. Silent Phase - Wave The Rave Goodbye [KMS - 1992]
18. Ways & Knowing - Wenalt [General Productions Recordings (GPR) - 1995]
19. Stasis - Questions For Vanmannan [B12 - 1993]

Rose Tinted by The Orb was released on their Toxygene single in 1997 on Island Records as a bonus track. It's nowhere else to be found
unless you count russian bootleg editions. When I saw The Orb playing at Göta Källare a couple of years ago, for some reason, the arrangers
thought it would be wise to play smurfhit psytrance as a warmup. It wasn't. It was quite awful. There were of course a number of hippie
forest ravers with dreadlocks really enjoying it, but most of the audience were bearded men in glasses who did not want to their daily dose
of smurf.

When looking at Discogs it seems like Knaqua by Enhanced was reissued on vinyl in 2015 along with a bunch of other older tracks. It was
originally released on Planet E in 1994 on a compilation called Elements Of And Experiments With Sound. I don't own this particular
compilation, but was lucky enough to find on the Quango Records compilation Dimensions In Ambience 2 from 1997.

The only problem I have with Likemind Records is that they've released such a small number of records. To my luck, they're all pure quality.
They're fetching high prices on the second hand market, so none of them are in the collection (yet) apart from the CD Types - A Kudos
Sampler which contains the excellent Fugue - Contrapoint. I will be trying to hunt these down, as I would like to play all of these tracks
in this mix series.

The compilation called Demonstrations Vol. 1 seems to consist of demo tracks sent in to a radio show called HQ which was broadcasted in
Gothenburg during the 90es. I don't know anything about this particular radio show, but it sure sounds like something I would have passed
on as a kid, seeing as I was too busy listening to eurodance at the time. I picked the track Six Fingers by Nubia Archade. The compilation
was released on a label called Blackstrobe in 1996.

So far, Hjärngymnastik has not featured many tracks by prog-house branded acts as I'm not its biggest fan. There are a number of great
tracks, and Spooky knows how to deliver them. I played the Dum Dum Mix of Little Bullet which I took from a compilation named En-Trance
(A Collection Of Tribal Techno Trance Groove) released in 1993. I also seem to own the original vinyl released on Guerilla in 1993.

The short-lived project called Cirrus Minor only seems to have released one whitelabel vinyl and a number of tracks only existing on a few
CD compilations. Zulu was taken from the compilation called From Here To Tranquility Volume 2 released on Silent in 1993.

Martin Bond's Reel By Real project got some fairly recent attention once again when his old tracks were reissued. In the early 90s, many
of his tracks were featured on Detroit and techno related compilations. I took Distance from the compilation named 313 Detroit which
was released on Infonet in 1992.

I don't know which superstar selector played this in a Dekmantel or Boiler Room set, but the interest for the Audio Quest - Luminous Egg
has spiked towards people paying more than 100 EUR for a copy. My memory can't tell when I obtained this record, but I will be sure
to revisit these tracks when I start playing tracks from my vinyl collection. So far, all have been from CD. Speaking of CD, this track
can be found on the No Bones Records compilation called Ar-Ti-Fakts.

Kim Rapatti, the producer mostly known under his Detroit Diesel and Mono Junk projects also released a number of releases under his own
name. Like most of his tracks, this too got a recent reissue on vinyl. My copy was taken from the 1995 compilation Dum Trax which was
released on his own Dum Records label.

Paranonia was a short-lived project that made one album, a single and a handful of compilation-exclusive tracks. Symmerian was taken from
the self-titled album which was released in 1995 on Nova Zembla.

Mastermind Robert Hood used to make music like this in the early 90s. Here's the track called Perpetual Motion which was released on
Underground Resistance in 1991.

More Carl Craig outputs. This time as his Psyche/BFC moniker. Galaxy was taken from the Elements 1989-1990 which was released in 1996.

Martin Damm has released music under a great number of aliases and I won't try to put them all on memory nor write them down. One of the most
prolific ones is Biochip C - a project I know as quite harsh and rough. Not this track, though. The Life Of A Headhunter was taken from
the Mille Plateaux compilation Modulation And Transformation, but was originally released on vinyl by Force Inc Limited in 1993.

An artist I will be featuring a lot in the Hjärngymnastik installments is Andrea Parker. For this episode I chose to include Melodious Thunk
which was released on Mo Wax in 1996. In the next installment I will be including one the remixes she made for The Orb.

Another track from the Modulation And Transformation compilation is Ian Pooley's Rosarium. It can originally be found on the Force Inc
Limited vinyl from 1993.

Two was taken from the Plink Plonk compilation released in 1996. I own a few of Hiroshi Morohashi's releases, but sadly not the most sought-
after and most interesting ones.

I'm not sure if Stacey Pullen released this under his own name or through his Bango alias. It seems to have been released on Fragile in
1992 as Bango, but my version is listed as Stacey Pullen and was taken from the Made In Detroit compilation released on KMS in 1992.

Bedouin Ascent is behind the Ways & Knowing alias. A project which released one track (this one) exclusively on the Equanimity compilation
on GPR in 1995.

Ending Hjärngymnastik 005: Myelinslalom is Stasis with his Questions From Vanmanan which I picked from the B12 archives reissues. It was
originally released on the EP called Point Of No Return in 1993 as well as a compilation shared with Redcell. In the next episode I will
be featuring more tracks from this compilation.

Old Post Feb-03-2019 09:02  Sweden
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Hjärngymnastik 006:

01. Coco Steel & Lovebomb - Clear Skies (Ibizarre Remix) [Other - 1999]
02. Steps-Dis-Charge - Track 2 (Part 1) [Instinct Ambient - 1997]
03. Facil - 700 x 7 (Sky Mix) [Instinct Ambient - 1995]
04. Stellar Sofa And H - Aetherius [Outersanctum - 1993]
05. Centuras - Tokyo [Kinetix - 1994]
06. 3MB Feat. Magic Juan Atkins - Die Kosmischen Kuriere [Tresor - 1992]
07. Optic Eye - Acid Ph5 [Planet Dog - 1994]
08. Jeff Greinke - In A Thicket [Multimood Records - 1990]
09. Kenny Larkin - Maritime [Warp Records - 1994]
10. Fred Giannelli - Clearvoyance [Superstition - 1994]
11. Hab - Ocra [Dot - 1997]
12. Spiral Tribe - Darkside [Butterfly Records - 1993]
13. 4 Hero - Parallel Universe [Reinforced Records - 1994]
14. Unit Moebius - Biosoft [Bunker Records - 1993]
15. The Orb - Asylum (Andrea Parker's Bezirkskrankenhams Mix) [Island Records - 1997]
16. Autechre - Doctrine [Warp Records - 1993]
17. Redcell - Interim [B12 - 1993]
18. Nighttripper - Bytes From Klonk [Sun Music - 1996]
19. The Octagon Man - Klunk [Electron Industries - 1995]

I usually stay away from compilations where the name "Ibiza" is included in the title. What it usually means is the same 12 balearic
tracks compiled in a different order than that other Ibiza compilation you just skipped by. The compilations called Real Ibiza are a
little different, and actually contains tracks worthy of some playtime. Clear Skies (Ibizzare Remix) was found on the Real Ibiza 2
compilation, but can originally be found on the vinyl called Sunset EP from 1999, released on Other.

Little information is provided on the Steps-Dis-Charge project. This particular track was taken from Ambient Systems 3, released on
Instinct Ambient in 1997. Part 2 of this track seems to be released on Ambient Systems II which means that my wantlist just grew a
bit.

Abe Duque and Dietrich Schoenemann got together and recorded a self-titled Facil album in 1995 as well as a number of compilation-
excklusive tracks. The Sky Mix of 700 x 7 was found on Ambient Intermix, released on Instinct Ambient in 1995.

Frequencies From The Edge Of The Tektonic Plate was found when digging in Gothenburg around 2008. It's a compilation released on
Outersanctum, a Canadian label which seems to have released two vinyl releases in the early nineties as well as this compilation.
It features a number of great bubbling acid, ambient and techno, many which I will play during this series. The vinyl releases are
not in my possession, but I'm hoping this will change.

Tokyo can originally be found on the Ascension EP released on Kinetix in 1994. When I was digging in the kringloop stores in the
outskirts of Eindhoven about a year ago, I stumbled upon the 4CD compilation called Amberdelic Space. Luckily it wasn't one of
those awful new-age tantra compilations with panflutes. Instead it contained many full-length tracks which are very welcome in
my collection.

When Juan Atkins flew to Berlin in the early 90s, he got together with Moritz Van Oswald and Thomas Fehlmann to record some music.
I picked one of the tracks called Die Kosmischen Kuriere (not sure if it's track 4 or 5, but whatever).

My favourite online store started offering free shipping around 2006, so when I placed my first order from this place, I pretty
much picked everything that looked interesting. The Quadruped V.1 compilation was one of these. I listened to quite a bit of Eat
Static, Banco De Gaia and other similar projects at this time, all which had releases on this label.

I'd place Jeff Greinke in the same category as Steve Roach and other important Ambient figures. The category on "where the hell to
start"? The only Greinke album I own is Changing Skies, so that was easy for me. These old-timers may have 80 full-length ambient
albums available for listening, so it's so easy for me to skip out on. I need to take it in smaller portions, I guess.

For some reason, I don't own the Warp compilation called Artificial Intelligence yet. This track, however, was taken from the second
installment in the series. I have no idea what he's playing or making nowadays, but in the 90s he provided a lot of great tracks from
a bunch of different aliases other than his own name. Lark, Pod and Dark Comedy comes to mind.

Before going too trancey, Superstition was home to some very nice techno. Fred Giannelli ‎– Telepathic Wisdom Volume 1 really looks
like a CD that I would pass on when out digging, but it's definitely worth to bring home.

Swedish label Dot gave us releases from projects such as Quant, Friend, Tupilaq (Krister Linder) as well as this album from Hab.
I picked the track called Ocra from their 1997 album called MaPod.

Spiral Tribe is another project which I need to dig deep into. The stuff I've heard so far is a bit too fast, so the -25% pitching
on the CDJ comes in handy. Darkside was taken from the 1993 album Tecno Terra released on Butterfly Records. I bought my copy
somewhere around 2004/2005, and the backside of the cover has a necessary hand-written note saying Good! 8 Tracks. Thank you,
previous owner.

My all-time favourite dnb/jungle/hardcore project 4 Hero released Parallel Universe in 1994. I took their atomspheric track with
the same title as the album for this mix. Sorry, Mac, for pitcing it down!

The UR of Europe. Unit Moebius has en extensive catalogue of different-sounding releases. Biosoft was taken from the 1996 album
Status, released on KK Records. Apart from two albums, I own very few of their tracks. Most of them seem to be available on
reissued vinyl as well as digital, so this will change in the near future.

I've been trying to collect all of Andrea Parker's releases since I heard her track called The Unknown. When I bought The Unknown,
I knew nothing about her, but instead picked it up because it was released on the Mo Wax label. Her Bezirkskrankenhams Mix was
taken from The Orb's Asylum CDM, released in 1997 on Island Records. Speaking of her, she's made a great remix of Depeche Mode's
No Good, but I'm unable to play it because of the original vocals. It's such a heavy track ruined by this ill-fitting singing.
I've got nothing against the original track, but the vocals must depart from this mix.

One of my favourite albums on Warp Records is Incunabula by Autechre. Doctrine was taken from this 1993 album, a time where
Autechre made this bleepy, melodic type of music. I'm still intrigued by their output but these early albums will always remain
on top. I saw them live in Stockholm a couple of years ago, but I can't remember much of the music. The whole concert was played
in pitch black darkness. People kept moving around, so instead of focusing on the music, I had to telepathically watch out for
elbows and shoulders.

When B12 reissued their catalogues in a number of CD boxes, I made sure to grab them all. These ones are an absolute necessity.
Outerim can originally be found on Redcell/Stasis compilation from 1993.

The Bytes From Klonk track seems to be a compilation-exclusive track made by Orlando Voorn in 1995.

Finishing the set is Octagon Man with his Klunk track taken from the 1995 album The Exciting World Of, released on Electron
Industries. The track is also available on vinyl on the EP called Biting The Dragon's Tail.

Old Post Feb-10-2019 08:40  Sweden
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

Loving this! Keep up the good work.

Old Post Feb-15-2019 09:24  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Thank you!

Old Post Feb-17-2019 10:02  Sweden
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Hjärngymnastik 007:

01. Recoil - Shunt (Panasonic Mix) [Mute - 1997]
02. D.I.D. - Recycles [Big Sleep Records - 1995]
03. 7 - Six [Aural X-Perience / Suck Me Plasma Ambience - 1995]
04. Astral Engineering - 2010 [Worm Interface - 1994]
05. Richard H. Kirk - Velodrome [Warp Records - 1994]
06. As One - Isatai [Applied Rhythmic Technology (ART) - 1992]
07. In-Existence - A Mood [Apollo - 1993]
08. A Positive Life - Warehouse 5 A.M. [Waveform Records - 1995]
09. Model 500 - Milky Way [R&S Records - 1995]
10. Klaus Schultze - Voices In The Dark (Lite Mix) [Eye Of The Storm - 1996]
11. David Morley - Calibration [Apollo - 1993]
12. Golden Girls - Kinetic (Morley's Apollo Mix) [R&S Records - 1992]
13. The Higher Intelligence Agency - Speed Learn [Beyond - 1993]
14. Iberian - Boiling Eggs [F Communications - 1994]
15. Krilly - Frozenfood [MFS - 1998]
16. Omicron - Static State (High On Transistors) [Instinct Ambient - 1995]
17. Hiroshi Yoshimura - Creek [AIR Records Inc. - 1986]
18. Harmon Eyes - Iodine Sky (Rmx) [Loop Records - 1996]

Old Post Feb-17-2019 10:04  Sweden
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Hjärngymnastik 008:

For this episode, I'm joined by Paul Rimbaud, label boss of Distant Worlds

First hour by Paul Rimbaud (Distant Worlds)

01. Source Direct - Future London [Odysee Records - 1994]
02. DJ Dove - Bird Of Prey [DJ Dove Self-released - 1993]
03. P.F.M. - Dreams [Looking Good Records - 1995]
04. JMJ & Richie - Hall Of Mirrors (Omni Trio Mirror Image Remix) [Moving Shadow - 1993]
05. The Invisible Man - The Bell Tune [Good Looking Records - 1994]
06. The Sentinel - Awakening [Basement Records - 1995]
07. Jack Ruby - Global Torrents [Knowledge Records - 1995]
08. Foul Play - Open Your Mind (Tango Remix) [Moving Shadow - 1993]
09. Skanna - This Way [Skanna - 1993]
10. Koda - The Deep [Dee Jay Recordings - 1994]
11. Wax Doctor - Finer Things [R&S Records - 1996]
12. LTJ Bukem & The Peshay - 19.5 [Good Looking Records - 1994]
13. Altered-Ego? - Main-Line [Deep & Dark Recordings (UK) - 1994]
14. Tom & Tom - Down Force (S'Touch Mix) [Deep Red Recordings - 1995]
15. Studio Pressure - First Sequence [Photek - 1994]
16. Parallel World - Tear Into It [Good Looking Records - 1994]
17. Mental Power - Unknown Intelligence [Formation Records - 1994]
18. X-Files - Intensity [Basement Records - 1995]

Second hour by Kiskelfacit

01. Plaid - Angry Dolphin (Unreleased Mix) [Clear - 1996]
02. Mystic Institute - QA-752L-P (Reload Remix) [Evolution - 1993]
03. RAC - Freckle [Warp Records - 1996]
04. The Man - Hapku [Playdoe - 1996]
05. Vapourspace - Citrus [FFRR - 1997]
06. 4E - Ask Isadora [Home Entertainment - 1996]
07. Piece - Free Your Mind (Future) [Planet E - 1992]
08. New Order - Nineteen63 (Lionrock Full Throttle Mix) [London Records - 1995]
09. Microwave Prince - Land Of The Iron Bubbles [Le Petit Prince - 1995]
10. Moodymann - Dem Young Sconies [Planet E - 1997]
11. Acid Jesus - Disappear [Klang Elektronik - 1993]
12. Skool Phunk - Memory [Plastic City UK - 1995]
13. Yennek - Dancing Tides [Volume - 1995]
14. Ian O'Brien - Mad Mike Disease [Ferox Records - 1996]
15. Ian Pooley - Chord Memory [Force Inc. Music Works - 1996]
16. Soofle - How Do You Plead? [Fragile Records - 1993]

Old Post Feb-24-2019 08:08  Sweden
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Hjärngymnastik 009:

01. As One - Asa Nisi Masa [New Electronica - 1994]
02. Professor Smith - Remember 48024 [XLR8R Traks - 1996]
03. Hiroshi Morohashi - Shades Of Rhythm [Shield Records - 1997]
04. Prism - Soft Tone [Deviant Records - 1996]
05. Freeform - Many [Skam - 1995]
06. Optic Nerve - Premonition [Pow Wow Trance - 1993]
07. Prototype - The Path [Buzz - 1992]
08. Sandoz - Ocean Reflection [New Electronica - 1994]
09. Bjorn Torske - Don't Electric Shock Me [Ferox Records - 1998]
10. Kenny Larkin - Chasers [Distance - 1996]
11. LA Synthesis - Agraphobia [Plink Plonk - 1994]
12. Duplex - Above The Arctic Circle [Djak-Up-Bitch (DUB) - 1997]
13. Paradise 3001 - Normizon 5AM [ESP Records - 1992]
14. Pure - Way Of Thinking [New Electronica - 1994]
15. Open House Featuring Placid Angels - Rainforest [Buzz - 1992]

Old Post Mar-03-2019 07:36  Sweden
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Hjärngymnastik 010:

In the tenth episode, I'm joined by Mihail P, a DJ and producer who is releasing techno and electro on labels such as Distant Worlds, Seventh Sign Recordings, Verdant Recordings as well as Magnonic Signals.

First hour by Mihail P

01. Deep Space Network - Xplorexpandxperience [Source Records - 1993]
02. X-Asp - P69 [Rephlex - 1996]
03. Speedy J - The FUN Equations [Warp Records - 1995]
04. Antonio Ocasio - Sweet Coconut Water [Tribal Winds - 1999]
05. Todd Sines - Martian Jazz [Residual Recordings - 1998]
06. Shiver - Oiled Love [Shiver Records - 1994]
07. 16B - It Doesn't Have To End [Eye Q Records - 1998]
08. Ismistik - Phidou [Djax-Up-Beats - 1995]
09. Chris Brann - Deep Fall [Peacefrog Records - 1997]
10. Ellery Cowles - Steel Motions [Déjà Vous - 1998]
11. Planetary Assault Systems - Forms [Peacefrog Records - 1994]
12. Yokota - One Way (Derrick Carter's Soul Refusal Remix) [Harthouse - 1997]
13. Hexagone - Float Baby [Djax-Up-Beats - 1994]
14. Loxodrome - Society Red [Jumpin' & Pumpin' - 1994]
15. Access 58 - Horizon [Pacific Records - 1997]
16. Ian O'Brian - Dayride [Ferox Records - 1996]

Second hour by Kiskelfacit

01. Illumination - Black Sun [Beatservice Records - 1997]
02. The Morning Glory Seeds - The Visitor [New Electronica - 1994]
03. Triumph 2000 - TFS #8 [Amos Recordings - 1998]
04. Earth Frequency - Betawave [Uptown - 1994]
05. E.O.G. - Aloe Vera [Djak-Up-Bitch (DUB) - 1999]
06. Russ Gabriel - Digilogic [Force Inc. Music Works - 1994]
07. Being - The Being (Remix By Ectomorph) [Push - 1996]
08. Silicon Scally - Loading [SCSI-AV - 1998]
09. Resistance D - Paranoid [Harthouse - 1994]
10. Random XS - Aftermath 1.2 [Djax-Up-Beats - 1997]
11. DJ K-1 - Metaphysica [Direct Beat - 1996]
12. Groof - I Want You [Minifunk - 1999]
13. I-F - Secret Desire (Vox) [Interdimensional Transmissions - 1998]
14. Late Night Tough Guy - Winter [Juice Records - 1993]
15. Luke Eargoggle And Rutherford - Dirty Power Stalkers 2 [Stilleben Records - 1999]
16. Charlie Hall - DAF. Unk [So Dens - 1999]
17. Spacetime Continuum - Pressure [Fax +49-69/450464 - 1994]

Old Post Mar-10-2019 08:32  Sweden
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

No more incoherent ramblings

Old Post Mar-10-2019 13:19  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Soundcloud doesn't allow too much text, so I'm going to put more info about the episodes on a coming website instead. I might include pics of all records/cds used as well, and let the guests write a few lines about their selections.

Old Post Mar-10-2019 14:25  Sweden

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Hjärngymnastik - 90s Acid, Ambient, IDM, Detroit Techno, Electro (and some trance)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackprogressive tune needs ID [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPinball - "Stars (Of Europe)" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread