Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Psy for Your Mind (yep, its a download thread)
Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
basilisk
Ektoplazm

I like and appreciate music "outside the norm" but I don't think their new stuff is really any good, to be perfectly honest. Just a matter of taste, I guess! The problem is probably that I'm not much into pop music, and that seems to be what they're interested in doing these days.

Old Post Jul-13-2008 04:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for basilisk Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Visit basilisk's homepage! Add basilisk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basilisk
Ektoplazm

Anyone here into techtrance? This is a great release!

MOMENTUM VOLUME 1
01 :: Nerso - Clarity (6:49)
02 :: PhaseTech - Phazer (7:56)
03 :: Excizen - Crips (7:02)
04 :: Opsy - Her Ghost In The Fog (6:56)
05 :: PhaseTech & Ectima - Momentum (7:02)
06 :: Ectima - Metal Isolation (6:34)
07 :: Kino Oko - Way To Obirsju (8:18)
08 :: Deto - Lavina (8:57)
09 :: Kocka - Hiper Kocka (4:04)

Momentum Volume 1 is the first in a new series of techtrance and progressive compilations from TesseracTstudio. Compiled by PhaseTech, Momentum gathers material from across East-Central Europe with a particular emphasis on homegrown Serbian productions. Sleek driving rhythms and gleaming cybernetic atmospheres infuse this stellar release with a rich futuristic ambiance. Momentum Volume 1 successfully revives the mood and style of post-millennial techtrance for modern audiences even as it paves the way for a new generation of mechanistic producers to move and shake the dance floors of the world.

Download it for free in MP3 or WAV:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/momentum-volume-1/

Old Post Jul-13-2008 05:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for basilisk Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Visit basilisk's homepage! Add basilisk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't know whether 'pop' is quite the right term. Probably something more along the lines of psychedelic rock or something, which makes it much more accessible. They still put on a great show though.

Old Post Jul-13-2008 06:10  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for marcusus Click here to Send marcusus a Private Message Add marcusus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tunnel Rat
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by marcusus
I don't know whether 'pop' is quite the right term. Probably something more along the lines of psychedelic rock or something, which makes it much more accessible. They still put on a great show though.

Yeah, much more accessible.

There was a guy in his late 50's near me who seemed to be really into the music, even enough to lip some of their song lyrics. Not saying this is bad, but I didn't see that at Snoop Dog's show - which followed IM's set (yeah, it's a fucked up lineup for this "Bluesfest", I know).

While I wouldn't call it pop either, as you mentioned, it's a rock/psy"ish" music hybrid. But hardly groundbreaking.

Old Post Jul-13-2008 17:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tunnel Rat Click here to Send Tunnel Rat a Private Message Add Tunnel Rat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basilisk
Ektoplazm

quote:
Originally posted by marcusus

I think it is a question of substance. Infected don't seem all that concerned with authenticity. Contrast them with Juno Reactor, another so-called psytrance artist that has "gone mainstream"... I don't think anyone would accuse Watkins of writing accessible filler for the masses.

Old Post Jul-13-2008 18:15  Canada
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

The real question isn't so much about the music itself, but rather the artists. If IM are making this style of music because they love it, then that's well and good. But if they're making this style of music because it'll rake in the cash, then it's a bit dodge.

Tastes change, so there's nothing wrong with IM changing their tune to this newer 'psyrock' style, so long as it's for all the right reasons.

Old Post Jul-14-2008 08:21  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for marcusus Click here to Send marcusus a Private Message Add marcusus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basilisk
Ektoplazm

I would imagine a bit of both... which is fine for them, but not my sort of thing.

Old Post Jul-14-2008 19:08  Canada
basilisk
Ektoplazm

Oh, and I've a new one today... somewhat on topic, as it really tries hard to shatter the mainstream

CONTAGION VOLUME 1
01 :: Necrospycho vs Astaroth - Experimental Evil Jow (6:54)
02 :: The Herectic - Claustrophobic Dimension (6:53)
03 :: Distorted Goblin - Through The Night (6:36)
04 :: Demonizz - Arknofobia (6:49)
05 :: Psychoz vs Hagenith - Psycause (6:47)
06 :: Morus - Lithium Unbalance (8:16)
07 :: Psyhamaa vs Ikpeng - Fingers Vertigo (7:38)
08 :: Karmazon - The Calling (7:33)
09 :: Kita - Screams of Satinka (7:33)

Contagion Vol. 1 is the second release from Dead Tree Productions, a dark psychedelic trance label rooted in the Brazilian underground. Rebelling against the pervasive manipulations of mass media and pop culture, Contagion is an unlikely antidote for alienation and disillusionment. Through the use of twisted leads, brutal beats, and bleak atmospheric programming, this compilation explores the far reaches of the psytrance spectrum with some tracks approaching 160 BPM.

Download it for free in MP3/FLAC (lossless):
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/contagion-volume-1/

Old Post Jul-14-2008 19:10  Canada
Tunnel Rat
Supreme tranceaddict

I noticed on the Eclipse 2008 site that they have a main stage and an alternative stage.

So 2 stages this year? Can anyone confirm...Shankar?

Old Post Jul-16-2008 01:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tunnel Rat Click here to Send Tunnel Rat a Private Message Add Tunnel Rat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaRoZa
NEXT LEVEL

it seems like IM gets unfairly criticized these days for changing their style... imo, simply using "pop" as an influence for music doesn't always compromise quality or mean the artist is trying to sell out. take NiN for instance.. from the start they said they set out to apply industrial sounds on to the pop formula.

Old Post Jul-16-2008 02:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DaRoZa Click here to Send DaRoZa a Private Message Add DaRoZa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shankar
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Tunnel Rat
I noticed on the Eclipse 2008 site that they have a main stage and an alternative stage.

So 2 stages this year? Can anyone confirm...Shankar?

Well, Eclipse always had 2 stages. One is the main stage, one is a chill stage. This year they are expanding their musical boundaries to add more musical genres to the menu. The chill stage can no longer be classified as "chill", as it will have other genres to it. Thus the new name, Alternative Stage. This stage will include downtempo, breaks, some slow prog, and definitelly chill-out.

www.tribalvision.cz

Old Post Jul-16-2008 23:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Shankar Click here to Send Shankar a Private Message Visit Shankar's homepage! Add Shankar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basilisk
Ektoplazm

quote:
Originally posted by DaRoZa
it seems like IM gets unfairly criticized these days for changing their style... imo, simply using "pop" as an influence for music doesn't always compromise quality or mean the artist is trying to sell out. take NiN for instance.. from the start they said they set out to apply industrial sounds on to the pop formula.

Sure, but would you really compare the songwriting and singing talents of Trent Reznor and, er, Duvdev?

Let's get real here.

Old Post Jul-17-2008 02:09  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Psy for Your Mind (yep, its a download thread)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp needed [2006] [10]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMoka DJ - "Time Pass Age" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread