Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

quote:
Originally posted by Juan Paulino
wait was he/she being sarcastic?

sorry - to be clear i was referring to you being half a step from insulting someone based on their music preference

Old Post Jul-11-2012 16:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
raunchy
tranceaddict

There is no way Gareth's management would pull the show without Gareth's consent, particularly one as high profile as GG.

His story about not knowing is total BS. He's scrambling to cover his ass because GG named him publicly.

What makes me sick about people like Gareth Emery is they crap on about how much they love their fans in interviews and on their FB, Twitter pages but it's total bullshit. Their egos are more important and that's why Gareth would rather pull out (than tie in a pissing contest with Ferry Corsten).

These guys are like politicians wearing headphones.

This kinda stuff reinforces why I respect artists like J00F, Christopher Lawrence, Moby, Digweed, Hawtin so much. No bullshit, no drama, just talent.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 18:33  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for raunchy Click here to Send raunchy a Private Message Add raunchy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover24
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3

quote:
Originally posted by bjorn niclas
GOD YOUR CLUELESS... well done. I applaud you believing your highly informed inside sources (reading Globals official response) Thank god the industry is full of people like yourself that can educate the rest of us by pretending to know whats up. Thank you!! Great job!

was fun seeing you there budd. yeah, its where all the big headed Ego guys go to show off lol...

what the fuck??? Who was claiming to have any insiders information? You need to relax my friend, I think you managing thursdays is getting to ur head, coming in here acting like you have some insiders info just cause you book the
guy.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 18:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover24 Click here to Send Trancelover24 a Private Message Add Trancelover24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover24
what the fuck??? Who was claiming to have any insiders information? You need to relax my friend, I think you managing thursdays is getting to ur head, coming in here acting like you have some insiders info just cause you book the
guy.

that's exactly what it is. i don't mean to pick on anybody or call anybody out, but i'm pretty sure bjorn is just defending him because of the thursday night booking from a few months ago or whenever it was. why bad mouth a huge draw??

my thoughts? word got out about the cancellation, and in an effort to save face, Gareth blamed 'management'. is that the truth? highly doubt it, i'm sure he was very well involved in the decision but of course will never admit to i t.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 19:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sadface
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3

LOL, both of you are clueless. Bjorn is Gareth Emery's tour manager in the Americas and Asia. If anyone on TA has "insider info" it's him.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 19:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sadface Click here to Send Sadface a Private Message Add Sadface to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3

quote:
Originally posted by Sadface
LOL, both of you are clueless. Bjorn is Gareth Emery's tour manager in the Americas and Asia. If anyone on TA has "insider info" it's him.

then i stand corrected!

i apologize.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 19:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3

quote:
Originally posted by Sadface

BAM!!!!

I believe Sasha's management team pulled out of the first EDC Vegas due to a similar issue. However, i only heard from the Insomniac side of things, not Sasha's management side.

Last edited by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-11-2012 at 19:38

Old Post Jul-11-2012 19:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bjorn niclas
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
[i][b]Originally posted by Trancelover24

quote:
[i][b]Originally posted by modthispny

come on guys, are you really so oblivious to the fact that these types of decisions and situations occur just out of the blue for no reason and cancelling is as easy and fun as changing your diaper? You think these promoters are these nice "plur" promoters that are so nice and great to put on these festivals for the "fans" and love of the music ???

wake up. This is a business for profit and for profit only and at that level these promoters are operating on, things goes on that you wouldn't believe in your wildest dreams as you really have no way of knowing how it works as you are probably not working in this industry at this level. Its great that you can spread the word of the promoters official statement and fall for their trick, thus doing exactly what their big PR team wanted you to do and talk about. Again, I applaud you for being so smart and well informed.... most of all...NAIVE

Believe me, the decision to pull out is more then justified based on the situation the promoters created. Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself and not be stamped on and walked all over and assFucked. How do you know exactly the true reasons of this cancellation besides reading what the promoters wanted you to believe? In this case, yes it sucks for the fans, but who has EVER offered a free show to the fans to make it up to them? and you call that a big ego head that don't care about the fans? yes, thats the true sign of a big ego headed DJ. to make his best to make it up to the fans with free shows.

yes, you can read into their public statement all you want and believe what you want to believe. But how do you know what else there is to the story that they are not telling? You obviously only read a damn statement from the promoter their big PR company wrote and it said exactly what they wanted it to say so guys like you can be told what to believe and stand in line to believe it. Great. Well done...

This is exactly what the industry needs, shit talking and complaining back and forth on things that you obviously have no fucking idea about.

Subject Closed.

and PS: I do a few things more then run a Thursday night..

Old Post Jul-11-2012 19:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bjorn niclas Click here to Send bjorn niclas a Private Message Visit bjorn niclas's homepage! Add bjorn niclas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GeminiZ
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Juan Paulino
You like armin and his current state of music?

I like the same Armin I did back when he was still Armin as a person. I don't see him having no major bump producing negative attitude towards the music nowadays. His music, not liked as much as I have in his earlier years, but he still bangs out the good stuff once and a while. Just because he has progressed and evolved like every other DJ over the past years doesn't mean I'm going to change my mind on his contribution to the trance scene. After all he really is one of the top people in the industry that are still keeping big room trance alive. That's entirely my opinion.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 19:39  Czech Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for GeminiZ Click here to Send GeminiZ a Private Message Add GeminiZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GeminiZ
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
come on guys, are you really so oblivious to the fact that these types of decisions and situations occur just out of the blue for no reason and cancelling is as easy and fun as changing your diaper? You think these promoters are these nice "plur" promoters that are so nice and great to put on these festivals for the "fans" and love of the music ???

wake up. This is a business for profit and for profit only and at that level these promoters are operating on, things goes on that you wouldn't believe in your wildest dreams as you really have no way of knowing how it works as you are probably not working in this industry at this level. Its great that you can spread the word of the promoters official statement and fall for their trick, thus doing exactly what their big PR team wanted you to do and talk about. Again, I applaud you for being so smart and well informed.... most of all...NAIVE

Of course they are really nice and full of plur, while keeping a straight edge manner. Who cares about money? How else could Pasquale and Reza manage such a great team without corruption...oh wait....

quote:

TRUTH.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 19:55  Czech Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for GeminiZ Click here to Send GeminiZ a Private Message Add GeminiZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

quote:
Originally posted by raunchy
There is no way Gareth's management would pull the show without Gareth's consent, particularly one as high profile as GG.

His story about not knowing is total BS. He's scrambling to cover his ass because GG named him publicly.

What makes me sick about people like Gareth Emery is they crap on about how much they love their fans in interviews and on their FB, Twitter pages but it's total bullshit. Their egos are more important and that's why Gareth would rather pull out (than tie in a pissing contest with Ferry Corsten).

These guys are like politicians wearing headphones.

This kinda stuff reinforces why I respect artists like J00F, Christopher Lawrence, Moby, Digweed, Hawtin so much. No bullshit, no drama, just talent.

u got it all figured out, man

Old Post Jul-11-2012 19:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
freakster
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Believe me, the decision to pull out is more then justified based on the situation the promoters created. Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself and not be stamped on and walked all over and assFucked. How do you know exactly the true reasons of this cancellation besides reading what the promoters wanted you to believe? In this case, yes it sucks for the fans, but who has EVER offered a free show to the fans to make it up to them? and you call that a big ego head that don't care about the fans? yes, thats the true sign of a big ego headed DJ. to make his best to make it up to the fans with free shows.

yes, you can read into their public statement all you want and believe what you want to believe. But how do you know what else there is to the story that they are not telling? You obviously only read a damn statement from the promoter their big PR company wrote and it said exactly what they wanted it to say so guys like you can be told what to believe and stand in line to believe it. Great. Well done...

This is exactly what the industry needs, shit talking and complaining back and forth on things that you obviously have no fucking idea about.

Subject Closed.

someone hit a nerve. lol.

all I have to say is gareth better call up odesk and buy a few extra votes in dj mags top 100 this year.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 20:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for freakster Click here to Send freakster a Private Message Add freakster to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNew tech-house tune [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThe Gate IV - "Give All You Got" (Gate Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread