Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > FAO - Lira
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Amduscias
[ Disco Groupie ]

Read This! FAO - Lira

O hai der

Im having a hard time understanding ( and translating) what Bayman says at :025

Ore no kubi(?) na hoshii no ka?

Halp?

Old Post Apr-27-2012 04:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Amduscias Click here to Send Amduscias a Private Message Add Amduscias to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Close enough.

Orenokubigahoshiinoka
MeofneckSUBJto-be-desirableEXPLQ
"Do you want my neck?"
Lit. "Is my neck desirable (please give me a detailed answer)?"

"Oide"
Come.FAMILIAR-IMP
"Come!"
Lit. "Come and get some, motherfucker!"

Old Post Apr-27-2012 05:19  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
Supreme tranceaddict

YEO! That shit looks CRAZY!

It's come a long way from what it used to be (which was mostly just two pairs of bouncing breasts fighting each other).

Last edited by Blake on Apr-27-2012 at 05:29

Old Post Apr-27-2012 05:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Did you get/Do you need the rest of the things he said? "I kill", "To live or to die, blah, blah, blah"?

Old Post Apr-27-2012 05:26  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lagrangian
You like TEX what is this, CSS? Definitely mark up, you should definitely work on a project where one could input a word, and upon translation, the original word would be chopped by syllables and phonetic groups and conjugates of each.

It's just an ordinary HTML table with TA's own style sheet, but I'm glad you liked it

As for the project, Google Translate already does something similar and it's quite competent. To my knowledge, it doesn't divide words up as you said (which would be really cool), but it's a good idea nonetheless
quote:
Originally posted by Lagrangian
The neat thing to do would be, something like...display a string or coupling and deform it into the translation in the language domain
The user would be able to see the strands of their word extracted upon input and during transformation into its translated image of a word.

Sounds like a lot of work, but really neat. Not sure it would work with all languages, but it's worth giving it a try in the future...

... the problem is just feeding the database. Languages have too many damn words

Edit: Oi, Lagrangian, get your post back here

Old Post Apr-27-2012 07:50  Brazil
Lagrangian
Suspended User

think about the strings as being trapped in a bubble, so for each word you translate the vowels of the input word are placed inside a graphic bubble and the new word which is probably only filled with whitespace _ _ _ _ _ _ _ inherits the coupling and fixes the root or etymology according to combinations...man, that would be great for other shit too...like, finding out etymologies of certain gaelic or basque words... i dunno....it would require access to a database of languages, which would be painful to translate lol but not impossible.

Old Post Apr-27-2012 07:54  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Amduscias
[ Disco Groupie ]

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Did you get/Do you need the rest of the things he said? "I kill", "To live or to die, blah, blah, blah"?
What does she say at the end?

when she waves her finger at him lol

( thanks so much btw )

( Before her final blow i think she says Kore de owari da)

Old Post Apr-27-2012 13:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Amduscias Click here to Send Amduscias a Private Message Add Amduscias to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Amduscias
[ Disco Groupie ]

What does Ayane say at the end?

And what the heck does Kasumi say as she enters?

( Kakugo oki wa tawa? )

Old Post Apr-27-2012 13:39 
Amduscias
[ Disco Groupie ]

o.o

Old Post Apr-29-2012 04:04 
_Ocean_Drive_
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Amduscias

( Kakugo oki wa tawa? )

Can't hear anything they're saying as they end in mumbles, but the one above sounded like "Kakugo, shimedaro" / Lit. "resolution, let's close" - so "let's finish this"

There's a word that sums up this sort of behaviour, and that word is 'reject.'

Old Post Apr-29-2012 22:12  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for _Ocean_Drive_ Click here to Send _Ocean_Drive_ a Private Message Add _Ocean_Drive_ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:

What does Ayane say at the end?

"Warawaseru wa ne", "You (know you) make me laugh, don't you?"

Wara-waseru wa ne"
Laugh-causative EMPHASIS CONFIRMATION.
quote:

My interpretation is different from Ocean Drive's. The first girl said "Jama yo" (You nuissance!) and the second says "Kakugo (o) kimeta", which is a rather repetitive way to say "I made up my mind" (lit. "Resolution, decided", but it's not a rare expression.

Old Post Apr-30-2012 00:45  Brazil
Amduscias
[ Disco Groupie ]

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
"Warawaseru wa ne", "You (know you) make me laugh, don't you?"

Wara-waseru wa ne"
Laugh-causative EMPHASIS CONFIRMATION.

My interpretation is different from Ocean Drive's. The first girl said "Jama yo" (You nuissance!) and the second says "Kakugo (o) kimeta", which is a rather repetitive way to say "I made up my mind" (lit. "Resolution, decided", but it's not a rare expression.

I thought Jama Yo meant out of my way

Old Post Apr-30-2012 01:36 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > FAO - Lira
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCarl Cox - 2001.02.03 [06] [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOrinoko - "Mama Konda" (Terry Lee Brown Junior Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread