Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by TrancEdifice
Really bothered by the dresscode issue. For EDM dance parties I always wear sneakers; I don't go with the intention to sit down (unless its packed) and I like to be as comforable as possible. I also don't like dressing up; UFO's and other wideleg pants for me
Sorry, I know sometimes you have to/should compromise in terms of dress, but I feel I have done enough of that. Speaking of the underground parties and scene that has been brought up in the thread, reminds me of why I have largely shied away from the big clubs, even when dresscode has not been a big issue (as it's not been with Pacha, for example; I know I have bashed it as much as many people here have, but I do really like this about it). You know, just not wanting to deal with the hassels of bottle service, and if not that, then some problem with staff (although, of course, this can happen with any type of club or party) or if not the staff then the quality of the crowd or the vibe they create (like the example given earlier about the people who just sit around and don't even know what DJ is playing).
Even less important than the dresscode issue, ultimaely, but not to me I like to have the option of bringing glowsticks. I remember how much fun it was, for instance, bringing glowtsicks to Trance Classics Night a few months ago. Sure I probably would have had a great time without them as with them, but, again, for me, I thought that knowing in advance this was not going to be an issue and being able to use them, added to my experience.
Hmm. I was thinking of checking out Nick Warren and Dave Seaman on the 4th (sans the glowsticks, lol), but , since it might take longer for the things to get better, maybe I will also wait till next year to check it out. Can't wait to hear how things will turn out with Timo Maas, meanwhile...

The only dress cod should be no Ed Hardy/Affliction and no UFO pants. I mean if you're still wearing that shit you shouldn't be let out of your house...lol sorry bro

Old Post Nov-24-2010 14:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

quote:
Really bothered by the dresscode issue. For EDM dance parties I always wear sneakers; I don't go with the intention to sit down (unless its packed) and I like to be as comforable as possible. I also don't like dressing up; UFO's and other wideleg pants for me
Sorry, I know sometimes you have to/should compromise in terms of dress, but I feel I have done enough of that. Speaking of the underground parties and scene that has been brought up in the thread, reminds me of why I have largely shied away from the big clubs, even when dresscode has not been a big issue (as it's not been with Pacha, for example; I know I have bashed it as much as many people here have, but I do really like this about it). You know, just not wanting to deal with the hassels of bottle service, and if not that, then some problem with staff (although, of course, this can happen with any type of club or party) or if not the staff then the quality of the crowd or the vibe they create (like the example given earlier about the people who just sit around and don't even know what DJ is playing).
Even less important than the dresscode issue, ultimaely, but not to me I like to have the option of bringing glowsticks. I remember how much fun it was, for instance, bringing glowtsicks to Trance Classics Night a few months ago. Sure I probably would have had a great time without them as with them, but, again, for me, I thought that knowing in advance this was not going to be an issue and being able to use them, added to my experience.
Hmm. I was thinking of checking out Nick Warren and Dave Seaman on the 4th (sans the glowsticks, lol), but , since it might take longer for the things to get better, maybe I will also wait till next year to check it out. Can't wait to hear how things will turn out with Timo Maas, meanwhile...

It's kind of funny how many of the complaints about "what this club is going to be" and how it was run on Saturday are being made by people who never attended (and didn't even attempt to and were kept out because of the door). Maybe none of you read my review, but I'll restate: I wore sneakers, jeans, and t-shirt. UFOs, you may a problem with (and probably should). I saw people get in with baseball caps, which many clubs don't permit.

Other people have posted that they can keep their $20 drinks, and I have no idea what you're talking about. I know Dani said her red bull vodka was $16, but I'm assuming that was for Grey Goose, and that price isn't unlike what most other places charge for the same. My Maker's and coke was $12 at D36, which is less than Cielo, and either the same or less than Pacha, don't remember. Obviously, it's more than Sullivan Room and Love never even carried Maker's, but I think their Jack & Cokes were $10. I mean, the warehouse parties have $10 red bull vodkas with bottom shelf vodka

There wasn't a lot of bottle service space, so you're not going to have most of the crowd sitting around, and the crowd wasn't sitting around Saturday night

As for glowsticks...this isn't exactly a trance venue, but at the same time, someone did have LEDs on the main floor. You do realize, though, that while you might like them, there is a large percentage of the crowd that would prefer that they be kept out. Some people are good at using them, but a lot of people are not only bad, they're obnoxious by either bumping into people or flashing them in the faces of people that have no interest in a light show.

Here you go America you are free to do as we tell you
We want your soul
Your cash, your house, your phone, your cash, your house, your life" -Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Old Post Nov-24-2010 14:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Groundhog Boy Click here to Send Groundhog Boy a Private Message Add Groundhog Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
plexipr
Supreme tranceaddict

DISTRICT 36 STATEMENT

Old Post Nov-24-2010 23:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for plexipr Click here to Send plexipr a Private Message Visit plexipr's homepage! Add plexipr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
plexipr
Supreme tranceaddict

FROM DISTRICT 36:

We were thrilled to finally open our doors on Saturday, November 20th with stellar sets from Lee Burridge and Danny Howells and want to thank all of you for coming out to celebrate with us.

We are aware that many people were turned away due to capacity limitations, including advance ticket holders. We want to issue our sincere apologies and address those issues. All 11/20 tickets will be honored for any one District 36 event prior to December 31st, 2010 with front of the line privileges. For any refunds related to this event regarding tickets purchased from Resident Advisor, please contact RA Ticket Support: christine@residentadvisor.net.

We also want to express our deepest regrets to anyone who received less than stellar service at District 36. It was unacceptable and we have already addressed this by completely restructuring the door personnel. The overall vision of the club was not properly represented out front and we are committed to making improvements in order to provide a quality club experience. We welcome your feedback. Please send any comments to: info@d36nyc.com.

We hope you will join us for our upcoming dates:

November 26 - Timo Maas 'Balance 017' Album Release Party with Sleepy & Boo
November 27 - Pure Behrouz Residency Launch Party with Holosound
December 3 - Blkmarket Membership presents Minus Showcase with Marc Houle & Magda
December 4 - Basic NYC presents Nick Warren & Dave Seaman with Sleepy & Boo
December 10 - Craig Richards / Matt John / Taimur
December 17 - Claude Von Stroke / Christian Martin / Tanner Ross / Fahad
December 18 - Verboten presents Davide Squillace / Martin Buttrich

Sincerely,
District 36

www.d36nyc.com
facebook.com/District36NYC
twitter.com/District36

Old Post Nov-24-2010 23:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for plexipr Click here to Send plexipr a Private Message Visit plexipr's homepage! Add plexipr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

YESSS! Dirtybird Night!!

Old Post Nov-24-2010 23:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stassi
America's Degenerate

quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy
As for glowsticks...this isn't exactly a trance venue, but at the same time, someone did have LEDs on the main floor. You do realize, though, that while you might like them, there is a large percentage of the crowd that would prefer that they be kept out. Some people are good at using them, but a lot of people are not only bad, they're obnoxious by either bumping into people or flashing them in the faces of people that have no interest in a light show.

I agree, keep the glowstix out! Leave the lighting shows to the pros.

Old Post Nov-25-2010 00:44  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Stassi Click here to Send Stassi a Private Message Visit Stassi's homepage! Add Stassi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
YESSS! Dirtybird Night!!

+1 !!!!!! I'm in. Claude was awesome at EZ

Old Post Nov-25-2010 01:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:

I'm sorry, but I don't get why some people still wear UFOs in this day and age (or wore them back in the 90's for that matter). It's just embarrassing for grownups to be wearing that shit, people can be comfortable wearing clothes that don't make them look like absolute dumbasses.

About the glowsticks... man, don't even get me fucking started. Those things should never be allowed in a club.

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
+1 !!!!!! I'm in. Claude was awesome at EZ

Been following the DB guys for a very long time, I love their style. CVS's sets in Detroit this year were bonkers

Christian is pretty good too, and he's incredibly nice Too bad Justin won't be there...

Old Post Nov-25-2010 02:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr Flow
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by plexipr
FROM DISTRICT 36:

We were thrilled to finally open our doors on Saturday, November 20th with stellar sets from Lee Burridge and Danny Howells and want to thank all of you for coming out to celebrate with us.

We are aware that many people were turned away due to capacity limitations, including advance ticket holders. We want to issue our sincere apologies and address those issues. All 11/20 tickets will be honored for any one District 36 event prior to December 31st, 2010 with front of the line privileges. For any refunds related to this event regarding tickets purchased from Resident Advisor, please contact RA Ticket Support: christine@residentadvisor.net.

We also want to express our deepest regrets to anyone who received less than stellar service at District 36. It was unacceptable and we have already addressed this by completely restructuring the door personnel. The overall vision of the club was not properly represented out front and we are committed to making improvements in order to provide a quality club experience. We welcome your feedback. Please send any comments to: info@d36nyc.com.

We hope you will join us for our upcoming dates:

November 26 - Timo Maas 'Balance 017' Album Release Party with Sleepy & Boo
November 27 - Pure Behrouz Residency Launch Party with Holosound
December 3 - Blkmarket Membership presents Minus Showcase with Marc Houle & Magda
December 4 - Basic NYC presents Nick Warren & Dave Seaman with Sleepy & Boo
December 10 - Craig Richards / Matt John / Taimur
December 17 - Claude Von Stroke / Christian Martin / Tanner Ross / Fahad
December 18 - Verboten presents Davide Squillace / Martin Buttrich

Sincerely,
District 36

www.d36nyc.com
facebook.com/District36NYC
twitter.com/District36

we waited this long for a boring lineup like this?

Old Post Nov-25-2010 02:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr Flow Click here to Send Dr Flow a Private Message Add Dr Flow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Flow

ha, your loss. can't wait.

Old Post Nov-25-2010 09:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Flow

boring? did you hear Davide Squillace / Martin Buttrich at ezoo?
guys f*ckin owned sunday school tent
the line-up looks pretty good imo, iam just really curious to see when sasha will be back since he was suppose to play their 2 times already

Old Post Nov-25-2010 14:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr Flow
tranceaddict

Re: Re: a review...

quote:
Originally posted by AMMORA
gotta agree with you on a few points...the staff was TERRIBLE at the door. security looked confused but still trying to act like hard-asses and enforce rules (dictated from whom? b/c it seemed like too many Chiefs and not enough Indians) and the guestlist girl was a joke! not to mention the female bag check...one girl gets caught with 4 bags of coke, the female security lets her throw them out in the trashcan and go inside....another girl next to her has advil and they throw her out for "suspicious pills"

did you read the owners apology?
no senakers allowed!
ha! what a crap show

Old Post Nov-25-2010 22:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr Flow Click here to Send Dr Flow a Private Message Add Dr Flow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease help !!! [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBarcode Brothers - Train. [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread