Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Does anybody still actually make trance music?!
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
If I did make a track it would be trance, does that count?

Not if it's synthwave, no.....

Old Post Aug-14-2018 10:32  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mel David
In the pop music world almost every hit song out there is by a bastard called Max Martin.

There must be some foul play involved, like him finding a pop-hits almanac gifted to him from his future-self.

F U Max Martin.

If you are sick of trance right now, try making some voodoo music man!

I actually kinda know Max Martin.

You really have no idea how many fucking hits that guy churns out. He's basically found the formula (and that's really what it is) for pop hits and knows how to evolve it.

He wrtote nearly every ear bug hit that the backtreet boys had.

He wrote every smash that Britney had including Baby one more time and Crazy.

He wrote every big hit katy Parry has had.

And every one that Kelly Clarkson had.

And Taylor Swift.

And most of The Weekend's.

That's not just luck or a mistake. He knows what works and what doesn't. There's a science to shit shit that includes everything from the song length, to a very established formula for the structure/programming of the track, to the key changes...even down to making sure they use lots of the words "you" "I' "we" "us" and the fact the more you use them the more people connect with it (I'm not making this shit up - one of my tutors in Canada who ran the song writing class showed us how this is applied and the you can virtually rank popularity of songs by it - I honestly thought at first he was bullshitting but its proven right a million times over....just listen to Drake tracks for just how many times he uses those words in a single song - it's ridiculous).

Max also is doing the Hans Zimmer thing; it's not just him, he's created a compound of underlings that work on all the projects and as they ascend they get given projects of their own. These are the brightest guys in the biz so you basically have a no compromise studio, with the best session musicians in the world, with a large group of the best songwriters all working on a well established and frankly psychologically profiled musical formula designed to work on the masses to create catchy tracks.

There's a reason the only people with more hits than his are Lennon and McCartney.

Old Post Aug-14-2018 17:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Yeah I saw the vids last night before I went to sleep and the part that intrigued me the most was that timbre and detail of texture an all that has decreased over time, but hasn't breakthrough's in instrumental technology been adapted? damn its like nobody is taking advantage in using them.

Old Post Aug-14-2018 21:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

When music is throwaway, people keep consuming.

When it's art, people buy an album then listen to it for 30 years.

That's not good for business, especially now that no new formats are on the horizon to keep re-selling the same old content.

Old Post Aug-14-2018 21:05  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

Dua Lipa is so fit! My fave Dua tracks: Last Dance, Be The One, New Rules

Been getting into a LOT of female pop this year. Even Cardi B! Katy Perry's 'Power' is awesome. You have to sample that tom fill! Mind Maze gets daily plays from me.
Jessie J's 'Play' & "Dangerous' are a hark back to 90s R&B--love it!
There's this YouTube artist called Whitney Avalon who does witty rap battles.

Songwriters for Ariana's Touch It: Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Peter Svensson & Ali Payami

Dj Snake's Let Me Love You: Justin Bieber, William Grigahcine, Andrew Watt, Ali Tamposi, Brian Lee, Louis Bell, austin roser, Lumidee, Steven Marsden, Teddy Mendez & Edwin Perez

So many people working on one song it's crazy. That doesn't even include the sound engineers.

Tay-tay's chorus lines for Out Of The Woods & Look What You Made Me Do are singe-note melodies that repeat ad nauseam. I don't know if I want to write simplistic, formulaic melodies like that. But the general public don't like it when you try to be too clever. Be honest, do you actually like Jordan Rudess' compositions? My main fault is I try to make my tracks EPIC & movie soundtrack-like, instead of following general pop structure. Maybe I just need boobs & sex appeal? F U God! Actually if I had boobs, I'd have a totally different hobby!

Last edited by Mel David on Aug-19-2018 at 07:29

Old Post Aug-16-2018 15:00  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stewart.m
Supreme tranceaddict

stoped making trance years ago im sad to say i have no desire for it anymore getting old i guess

Old Post Aug-18-2018 20:14  England
Click Here to See the Profile for stewart.m Click here to Send stewart.m a Private Message Add stewart.m to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

The obvious answer is that everyone has moved on to making dubstep.

wubwub, bitches.

Old Post Aug-18-2018 20:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
The obvious answer is that everyone has moved on to making dubstep.

wubwub, bitches.

Well yes, 8 years ago.....

Old Post Aug-18-2018 21:16  United Kingdom
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

There is a cycle for everything. Trance will come into fashion again. Don't know when. Don't know where. If you want to produce for a genre that will probably never die, you can try zumba musac. That is a monster that will never get slayed.

I can't stop making these silly rhymes. Yesterday, I left this on Rita Ora's IG page:

Rita...Senorita...Mamacita...I wanna meet ya!
Conchita, por favor, mi amore, let's hit the floor!
Sipping red wine decanted
Had all of us quite enchanted
I just wanna kiss girls, girls, girls...
I'd throw a royal sausage down their alleyway

And today I made this.

Last edited by Mel David on Aug-19-2018 at 10:09

Old Post Aug-19-2018 07:33  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

Thank you for replying. Yeah, that's what I'm kind of going for. To make everyone uncomfortable as I am sick of the white knights and feminist movement and political correctness and all the censorship on YouTube. Some of my favourite channels have been taken down. If you look into who owns all the media channels now, you will see why there is a certain agenda to mainstream media.
Before I started doing this creepy rhyming thing, I was basically just watching conspiracy & truth videos on YouTube all day. And not creating anything at all.
How can you not be fascinated about the illuminati though?

I don't want to write conventional Disney-type love songs. You've already got Sheeran & Swift for that. And Max Martin! I aspire to be the G.R.R Martin of pop. Graphic. Violent. Disturbing. There is a whole gamut of other emotions to explore besides love, sad & happy.

Remember the movie Fight Club where the members were encouraged to go pick fights. That's what I am doing, but keeping it non-physical. I am taking trolling and being notorious on a whole other level. Fight Club is one of the best 'red pill' movies out there & I like to take inspiration from its themes.

I've only shared a few of my WIP and those happen to be the tamest. One of my most ambitious projects is a sequel to The Devils Advocate, but it's a musical and also a comedy. The devil is the central character, and he or she has the wickedest sense of humour. Don't know if I can pull it off though. Even if I don't manage to complete this project I'd still have created some assets.

Rhyming over hot celebrity photos serves two purposes, that may not be immediately apparent. One is that helps to draw attention. BOOBS! Got ya bitch! :P Okay that one is apparent. The other purpose is it enables me to bypass swear word filters.

I'm sure people who don't like my posts are smart enough to use the 'ignore' function.

Yeah, okay, this is a trance music forum, and I am going off-topic, but I am running out of forums to communicate on. As facebook and other social media site become more popular, the forums I used to frequent are being shut down.

Stop the press!

Even POTUS are getting into the POP game. And why not? That's how you become a 1/4 billionaire like Tay-Tay.

Last edited by Mel David on Aug-21-2018 at 08:07

Old Post Aug-19-2018 11:54  Australia
SynthNinja
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
When it's art, people buy an album then listen to it for 30 years.

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Worrying about what other people used to make what is such a dreary road to nowhere.

A pal of mine became a succesful trance artist using his Macbook, a Focusrite 2i4 and a pair of cheap Mackie's.

Another uses the same, except they're Monkey Banana Turbo's instead of Mackie's.

GAS is a fetish and nothing to do with actual results.

Some times I wonder if you contradict your self in some of your bait posts and knowledgable posts.

Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel the album 45 rpm original mix will reach its 25 anniversary next year., He still gets praise for it and people still buy that record where it be vinyl or digital.

There is a difference that you can't make out Geoff, you in particular, between being memorably successful and just being successful in general, hell look at the new tiesto, hugely marketed and generally even more successful now lol.

Sry if came off as an ass but I despise being taken for post bait traps.

Last edited by SynthNinja on Aug-20-2018 at 14:42

Old Post Aug-19-2018 23:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

You have completely missed the point I was trying to make.

Old Post Aug-20-2018 09:50  United Kingdom

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Does anybody still actually make trance music?!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease help me ID this song! :) [2010] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ I.C.O.N. - Voco Me (Flim Flam Mix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread