Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Freak
Insert witty comment here

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Fucking christ that's a lot of work for $100 cans

Did you just drill a little hole for the jack? HTF did you run cable from one side to the other? They're tiny.

I have like four pairs of them still. This was by far the rattiest pair - a bit scratched, disintegrated pads & the cable had split...after too many years on the road without ever failing, was in dire need of some TLC.
To be honest I still swear by them, or alternatively my custom moulded IEMS depending on application.

M6 x 0.5 tap in the exisiting hole, then screw a 3.5mm socket with a 4.5mm long thread in and it sits flush. Nothing major, and looks way better than having a nut on the outside for the socket.

Replacing the cable across the headband is fiddly but certainly easier than say, replacing a 1200 tonearm wire.

The coiled cable drives me nuts most of the time, but it can be useful on occasion so kept the cable and put a 3.5mm at the other end too so can switch between coiled and straight.

Last edited by Freak on Feb-03-2019 at 00:43

Old Post Feb-03-2019 00:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

That's pretty fucking nice TBH, and I like the idea of having both straight and coiled cables.

Man, I don't miss wiring 1210 tone arms. I must have done it 300+ times back when I was a service tech. Those wires are fucking tiny - they were literally like 5 strands.

Old Post Feb-07-2019 19:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freak
Insert witty comment here

Yeah its a big difference.
Ive also been experimenting with different pads and the noticeable difference in sound between them.
Thicker foam with leather/pleather gives more bass. Much thicker ((like double foam) pads with velour give a smoother mid but noticeably less bass.
Need to try some memory foam ones.

Old Post Feb-08-2019 11:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tony Morello
The Renegade Master

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Tony!

What cans? 7506's?

Or are you on DT990's?

My missus got me a pair of the AIAIAI TMA-02 as a surprise to replace my 7509HD's

https://aiaiai.dk/headphones/tma-2/s04h03e04c02

I'm amazed. They're incredibly comfy and the modular design (headband, drivers, pads) are incredibly quality. Best cans I've owned.

the 7506's, still haven't strayed, just have velour pads now, although I did pick up a pair of shure se215's that I'm liking

shure se215

Twitter
The Drunken Monkey Podcast
The Mixdown Podcast presented by Tony Morello

Last edited by Tony Morello on Feb-09-2019 at 20:22

Old Post Feb-09-2019 20:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Morello Click here to Send Tony Morello a Private Message Visit Tony Morello's homepage! Add Tony Morello to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp ID this track.... [2005] [11]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackallure- the love we lost [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread