Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Be-at TV + BPM
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Romchik22
Digger's acolyte

Be-at TV + BPM

Major props to both of them signing some sort of deal. Not sure if it was like that last year but you can watch soo many video live and recorded... cool this see the vibe that was going on there. Really dug the Drumcode party, Ida Engber was golden as always

http://www.be-at.tv/brands/kool-bea...ode/ida-engberg

Old Post Jan-13-2014 01:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Romchik22 Click here to Send Romchik22 a Private Message Add Romchik22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

DUDE

be-at.tv made me get through bpm without slashing m wrists

SERIOUSLY big up to them for awesome coverage (and a mountain of new tracks)

Old Post Jan-14-2014 17:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
javicigsea
Suspended User

Be at TV BPM

the bpm is i.e for chases.
the bmp rate is shown in the fader window when a chase is assigned
to a masters fader.
you can also press chose for a chase q-list and change the speed on the left encoder wheel.
also there is a learn timing function if you press and hold choose and the playbutton several times.

for strobing the real world value is shown in hz.
at the moment you should not overexpect to much from this value.
because it is not real world.
it doesnt matter what the designation is.

so you still have to do the strobes by eyes and REAL world....

----------------------------

robert gurk

Old Post Jan-14-2014 19:47  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for javicigsea Click here to Send javicigsea a Private Message Add javicigsea to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Romchik22
Digger's acolyte

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus007
DUDE

be-at.tv made me get through bpm without slashing m wrists

SERIOUSLY big up to them for awesome coverage (and a mountain of new tracks)

Which were some of your fav sets?

Old Post Jan-14-2014 22:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Romchik22 Click here to Send Romchik22 a Private Message Add Romchik22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

I went and I had another amazing time down there

First few days were admittedly depressing: rain and more rain. As a result the day parties were pretty much skipped during those days and the night parties were flooded in many areas since the drainage in the clubs are extremely substandard. The one silver lining in all that is that it afforded us time to rest up from travel (and from New Years eve just before the travel), since you have to pace yourself for these marathon festivals. It also made the sunnier parts of the festival that much more livlier.

Wow, were the djs ever on point! My favourites were Marco Carola, Steve Lawler, Loco Dice, Adam Beyer, Nicole Moudaber, Mark Knight, Stacey Pullen, HOSH and Carlo Lio. It seems as though the djs are adding more soul to their sets, less bland, less generic tech house and more chuggy, housey tracks, old school vocals, etc. Lots of latin big room sounds so the Mexico setting may have had a lot to do with that aspect.

BPM also becomes a festival of "who didn't you see" and I have tons of names for that unfortunate list as well. This happens when you go with a big group of ppl as well, all with differing agendas and schedules, etc. I was hoping to discover some new names but ultimately got caught up going to most of the bigger parties instead with our group of over a dozen people. Walking into the last few tracks of a Hot Since 82 or a Carl Craig set was not uncommon when your schedule was as haphazard as mine. I was sleeping from 9AM to 4PM everyday, even

Fortunately there weren't as many under-the-weather partiers compared to last year's festival. I also noticed there were more clubbers and hot girls/rentals lol, compared to when I last went. Overall, it seemed like an 80/20 split, with the 80 percent the chill Piknic/Stereo-type crowd and 20 percent the Beach Club/NCG/Miami/Jersey/Vegas bottle service crowd lol. Curiously, I didn't see that many ppl from Montreal, outside of some staff from Stereo and Circus; the attendees were predominately from Latin America, Toronto, several American states and some from as far away as Europe and Australia.

Lots of friendly ppl everywhere but also a lot more 'sellers' than the last time I went in 2012. They were all over the place.

Go check out Be-at-tv or soundcloud, lots of fresh sets for downloading. I heard some new tracks that will tear up the dancefloor in 2014 so listen for those as well, esp if you're a budding dj, producer or simply a fan of the music.

So many are comparing BPM to a mini Ibiza, from its beaufiful setting to the excellent non commercial programming to the mature crowd that is there for the music. Sock away about $150 a month for the next year and try it, it's definitely worth it.

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Last edited by Spin Laden on Jan-16-2014 at 10:15

Old Post Jan-15-2014 19:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

Best sets that I watched on Be-at.tv:

Chus & Ceballos
Christian Smith
Hector
Roger Sanchez
Matthias Tanzmann B2b Davide Squillace
Recondite
Mano Le Tough
Luciano
Tini
Jamie Jones (that whole fucking party was CRACKED, especially anabel loll what a k whore)
Stimming ******
Adriatique
Solomun
ALL OF DRUMCODE (especially Ida Engberg and Capriati, Adam Beyer was good to but yaaaa Ida Engberg stole my heart)
Lauren Lane impressed me too
Guy Gerber
Sharam played OK but Andhim played better at yoshitoshi party

AS YOU CAN SEE I SPENT A LOT OF TIME ON BE-AT.TV

Old Post Jan-15-2014 20:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

Solomun, Tanzmann and Squillace were awesome to dancefloor groove to and Ida laid down a nice set.. I missed her at BPM so I watched the entire recording when I got back, very smooth set that delivers without obvious bangers in it.

I like her set

Also caught Pete Tong, his was along the lines of Ida's (non banging) but more on the deep house and prog end.

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:

Old Post Jan-15-2014 20:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

ya… her set was… amazing (you know she has two kids? total milf 10/10 would bang

Old Post Jan-15-2014 23:53  Canada
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

maybe next time will be my bpm year

im concerned it's already too late, bubble has popped, that's the main thing holding me back

Old Post Jan-15-2014 23:53  Canada
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

quote:
ya… her set was… amazing (you know she has two kids? total milf 10/10 would bang

wow, didn't know.. Ida hit that, indeed

quote:

Old Post Jan-16-2014 00:59  Canada
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

always so witty

Old Post Jan-16-2014 17:50  Canada
Romchik22
Digger's acolyte

quote:

Hottest dj ever.

Old Post Jan-16-2014 22:30  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Be-at TV + BPM
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown tune, perhaps by Sharpside? [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWilliam Orbit - water from a vine leaf [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread