Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The Riser by AIR Music Technology
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
cryophonik
Boom shanka

The Riser by AIR Music Technology

I don't know about this one. AIR makes some great synths (esp. Loom), but it seems a stretch to make a synth specifically for making risers. Thoughts?

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Aug-05-2014 22:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

It'll probably do really well tbh.

Plugins like Nicky Romero Kick are really cashing in on the EDM boom and tbh if this plugin is straightforward to use it'll probably be quicker than trawling through samples.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 22:38  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
...it'll probably be quicker than trawling through samples.

That's a good point. But, still, for people who already make their risers, fallers, etc. from synths, I wonder what this will offer that you can't get from most synths. Moar noize flavorz? Long, multi-stage envelopes?

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Aug-05-2014 22:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Probably just keeping it on one channel. I know when I've made them before I've had the upriser, hit and whatever on different channels. I'm betting you'll be able to fake sidechain from within the plugin itself like LFO tool as well.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 22:54  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

I suppose I could see something like that - maybe an instrument that has multiple sample and synth engines, where you start with separate synthesized and sampled sounds, process them individually, then combine them at the output for further processing, as you mentioned.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 23:01  United States
soulstar606
Supreme tranceaddict

lol actualyl visit the website, this has got to be a troll . lmao, the youtube video says "we hope you get a rise out of this video" lol

Old Post Aug-06-2014 02:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for soulstar606 Click here to Send soulstar606 a Private Message Add soulstar606 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Naw, I'm sure that this is legit. AIR is a well-established company that has made plugins for Pro Tools for years and they have some excellent and innovative instruments.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 15:41  United States
SoundDigest
Junior tranceaddict

Oooooh thanks for the heads up on this. Gotta bookmark this.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 16:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SoundDigest Click here to Send SoundDigest a Private Message Visit SoundDigest's homepage! Add SoundDigest to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Andy28
Sandancer

I'm guessing it will just simplify things like have a feature that saves you from having to do automations on pitch for example by just having to select the length and range at the click of a button.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 16:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Andy28 Click here to Send Andy28 a Private Message Add Andy28 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kosmotika
Supreme tranceaddict

Honestly, I'm pretty damn sick of risers. I'm sick of that 4/4 snare loop that goes with it. I'm sick of those generic "DROP IT" vocal samples, I'm sick of 4 minute long breakdowns, I'm sick of uninspired big room shit that pauses every 7th beat, interrupting the natural groove of the song just so that we can hear a generic reverberated snare. Something like this is completely useless to anyone not trying to sound like some bullshit hack producer trying for a quick cash grab.

Old Post Aug-07-2014 03:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kosmotika Click here to Send kosmotika a Private Message Add kosmotika to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

Leave the cash grab, it's just the lame "me too" hobbyproducah.

Old Post Aug-07-2014 05:54  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sr126
Supreme tranceaddict

it sounds gimicky to me. If it's deep (a serious tool) it might be worth looking at. -Only because it's from an established company. But it sounds like something for toys. Something to generate sales, and publicity for the company.

AMEN!
quote:
Originally posted by kosmotika
Honestly, I'm pretty damn sick of risers. I'm sick of that 4/4 snare loop that goes with it. I'm sick of those generic "DROP IT" vocal samples, I'm sick of 4 minute long breakdowns, I'm sick of uninspired big room shit that pauses every 7th beat, interrupting the natural groove of the song just so that we can hear a generic reverberated snare. Something like this is completely useless to anyone not trying to sound like some bullshit hack producer trying for a quick cash grab.

Old Post Aug-08-2014 07:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sr126 Click here to Send sr126 a Private Message Add sr126 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The Riser by AIR Music Technology
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHELP ID : Set by Christopher Lawrence ( sample included) [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDark Suite feat. Aura - "Dark Sweet Piano" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread