Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trancelover24
Supreme tranceaddict

Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3

So it appears that Gareth Emery has gotten his EGO boost by all these bookings in America. He thinks so highly of himself that he doesn't care if he screws his fans by pulling out of an event because he was listed #3 after Ferry Corsten,when in fact he SHOULD BE #2.

This move is so stupid and it shows how lame Gareth Emery has gotten.

I love the guy, but it's stupid actions like this that make you wonder how lame he is getting and not speaking of his recent change of music style.

Anyway... US Promoters Take NOTE you may be the next one to get a cancellation notice if you mess up the line up order on the flyer lol.

Global Gathering Statement:
STATEMENT ON GARETH EMERY'S MANAGEMENT CANCELLING UK PERFORMANCE

We are very sorry to have to confirm that Gareth Emery's management team have decided to cancel his festival performance at GlobalGathering UK. We would like to issue the following statement in response.

Unfortunately there has been a billing error on our behalf where two artists were confirmed in the same position (to which we can only apologise). However, we would like to clarify that Gareth Emery's management company's statement is erroneous. Their statement that there are numerous breaches to the contract is not correct; there is a single breach which detailed that Gareth was to appear second on the billing where a number of adverts have shown him to be placed third.

The statement that 'every attempt to rectify the situation' is also factually incorrect. To overcome this issue we have offered a compromise on billing where both artists would receive the same amount of page views on our website and alternative press advertising which was immediately dismissed by Gareth Emery's management team.

At this point we would also like to point out the decision to withdraw from the festival this year has been made solely by Gareth Emery's management team. We are extremely disappointed that after so many year's of successfully working together, his fans will not be able to enjoy his performance over such a small issue which could have easily have been ironed out without the need for any of this to have been publicised.

We would also like to further point out that the same billing issue was also true of Ferry Corsten's management, who have acted completely professionally throughout this problem and have offered up solutions in the interest of his fans.

It is such a shame that these types of issues are becoming more common place within the festival environment and we find ourselves dealing with these time consuming issues rather than working on what is looking like the most successful GlobalGathering to date and delivering an amazing festival for all of our customers.

Gareth Emery Statement:
[mgmt] CANCELLATION GLOBAL GATHERING UK. We are sorry to announce that due to numerous contractual breaches by Global Gathering, Gareth will no longer be playing at this year's Global Gathering UK. Please understand that after three great festivals in 09/10/11 (including producing the festival's theme tune in 2010), this was the absolute last thing we wanted to do, and we made every attempt to rectify the situation, but in the end Godskitchen / Global Gathering gave us no choice. International Global Gatherings in Russia and Ukraine are unaffected. Sorry to all of you who had bought tickets hoping to see him play - hopefully some of you can catch him at UK festivals South West Four or Creamfields over the summer instead. GE MGMT

Old Post Jul-09-2012 14:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover24 Click here to Send Trancelover24 a Private Message Add Trancelover24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

doesn't sound like it's Gareths fault "completely". Sounds like a agency to promoter issue.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 16:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jdub889
Supreme tranceaddict

fwiw, gareth's response:

Ok......... wow. Just finished up a mental weekend in Vegas, and caught up on what's happened with Global. Very gutted not to play, to let people down, but I'm especially upset reading so many people suggesting this was my choice, about my ego or money. You could not be more wrong.

When I read Global's statement from my hotel room here in Vegas, I was as shocked as anyone else reading it, and obviously, the first thing I did was call my management to find out what the fuck had happened because cancelling a festival over a flyer sounds as ridiculous to me as it does to anyone else. However after speaking with them, I can say there really are two sides to this story.

This is the only cancellation like this to ever occur in my entire career, and we are all to blame. Were my management unnecessarily aggressive and hasty to cancel? Yeah probably. However, they had been lied to by Global who initially gave then any bullshit story they could rather than admit they had made a mistake. So by the time they finally decided to be honest, after basically being bullshitted for a month, management were angry, and cancelled.

I guess the moral of the story, if there is one, is this. When you fuck up, hold your hands up straight away and admit you've made a mistake. Try to hide it or lie your way out and you just make the problems worse. I'm 100% sure that had Global been honest as soon as they knew there was a problem, management would have been understanding, and I wouldn't be writing this.

However I am also to blame, as if I was home when this situation reached a peak on Saturday, I'd have hoped to sort it out. Generally I try and know about my shit but during busy periods like the summer when I am constantly abroad, and also trying to finish a new album, I've had to increasingly allow other people to make decisions on my behalf. This fiasco has shown me I need to keep more in touch, and I will.

As it seems we're past the point of no return, let's do this - next time we do a Garuda show in the UK, anyone with a Global ticket can get in for free. This isn't about the money or ego - it's about you guys, and the fact that it's you who are missing out because two companies chose to play power games is the worst thing about all this. I'll do my best to make it up to you.

Sincerely gutted

Gaz

Old Post Jul-09-2012 16:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jdub889 Click here to Send jdub889 a Private Message Add jdub889 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wackadoo
Senior tranceaddict

Who really cares, he plays ass music now and I have lost all faith in him. All these ******s have way to big of egos these days.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 16:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wackadoo Click here to Send wackadoo a Private Message Add wackadoo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
#trance

Been over Gareth for a long time. Just another nail.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 16:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wackadoo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GPC

Nicely put!

Old Post Jul-09-2012 16:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wackadoo Click here to Send wackadoo a Private Message Add wackadoo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jdub889
Supreme tranceaddict

agreed re his music, but that has little to do with the OP. i thought his response was sincere and appreciated that although it may have been a decision that was not in his hands, he recognizes that the ultimate responsibility is still with him. the 'free entry to next garuda show' kinda sucks but not sure what else he could have reasonably done.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 16:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jdub889 Click here to Send jdub889 a Private Message Add jdub889 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

quote:
Originally posted by GPC

he didnt make the decision

Old Post Jul-09-2012 17:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

fire Bjorn???

Old Post Jul-09-2012 17:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for drEamer Click here to Send drEamer a Private Message Add drEamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
#trance

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz

He is ultimately responsible for those that make decisions for him and has in fact accepted that responsibility. I'm sure the decision reflects a mentality that exists with Gareth and his management. They are just in damage control mode now.

IMO of course

Old Post Jul-09-2012 17:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover24
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz

I find it hard to believe that he would have zero knowledge about this, specially this being such a HUGE festival. It doesn't make any sense that his agent has been having problems for a month and Gareth knew nothing about it. Anyway, sucks that I will not get to see him, since I was really looking forward to his set.

What happened here is that his management decided to trash the organizers of Global Gathering by posting a statement placing all blame on them. This obviously got the organizers of GG upset and they released a statement which was not favorable to Gareth Emery or his staff about not playing the festival because of billing. I guarantee you that his management did not foresee global gathering folks releasing such statement and now what can they do?? DAMAGE control!!!! Why? Because it makes Gareth look like an ass.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 17:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover24 Click here to Send Trancelover24 a Private Message Add Trancelover24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

i remember a 'billing' issue with Kaskade here in LA like that a few year ago as well and he pulled out over it.

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post Jul-09-2012 18:04  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAtmospheric ProgTrance (2005) ID [2013] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAsem Shama & Axel Bartsch - Drumfiles 2.0 [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread