Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ Eco
in yo mouf

quote:
Originally posted by yumpop
You can not expect a club to have $3 waters in 2010. Love was barely getting by before closing. Overhead costs to run a club in NY are very high.

I understand, but that being said, maybe "running a club in Manhattan" is the outdated idea and not the $3 water. I can still get a beer and a shot in Brooklyn or Jersey City for $5. Maybe the rock venues and promoters got it right when they invested in opening venues in these areas? Maybe these areas should be regarded as the Chelseas and Meatpacking Districts of 2010+, and the place to go to be able to see the DJs we want, playing as loud and as late as they want?

Old Post Nov-23-2010 23:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Eco Click here to Send DJ Eco a Private Message Visit DJ Eco's homepage! Add DJ Eco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by ReenTeenTeen
LOL... LUNCH IS SERVED:

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article...nd-boxing/23429

i give him some credit for coming foward and saying how he feels
but at the same time talk is cheap...i hope he learns from this mistake and can make his so called vision work and not shove vip,dress codes and attitude at the clubbers

Old Post Nov-23-2010 23:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jaybe
Junior tranceaddict

Looks like the owner is making the effort. As EDM fans, we all know how tough the city is on specific clubs like this, so having a new place actually open we should embrace it, not rush to conclusions on a first night opening F'ups. Everyone that's been around the scene for years knows opening night is bound to be full of BS. and who goes to the club at 10:30 pm... come on... if you wait in line with all the hamburgers early, you get treated like a hamburger. But don't take my word for any of this... it's just the internet, this isn't real life...it's all a fantasy!

Old Post Nov-24-2010 01:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jaybe Click here to Send jaybe a Private Message Add jaybe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sleepy&boo
Supreme tranceaddict

Had a great meeting with District 36. Everything should be a lot smoother this Friday for Timo Maas. The staff is excited and looking forward to a successful night for everyone. Don't forget to rsvp@basicnyc.com - there will be a special line for guest list peeps and a drink ticket for everyone on that list. If you are looking for a table reservation, let me know: bottle prices are pretty reasonable. Let's do this!!

Old Post Nov-24-2010 01:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy&boo Click here to Send sleepy&boo a Private Message Visit sleepy&boo's homepage! Add sleepy&boo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Eco
I understand, but that being said, maybe "running a club in Manhattan" is the outdated idea and not the $3 water. I can still get a beer and a shot in Brooklyn or Jersey City for $5. Maybe the rock venues and promoters got it right when they invested in opening venues in these areas? Maybe these areas should be regarded as the Chelseas and Meatpacking Districts of 2010+, and the place to go to be able to see the DJs we want, playing as loud and as late as they want?

^^^that.

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Nov-24-2010 01:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

quote:
Originally posted by jaybe
Looks like the owner is making the effort. As EDM fans, we all know how tough the city is on specific clubs like this, so having a new place actually open we should embrace it, not rush to conclusions on a first night opening F'ups. Everyone that's been around the scene for years knows opening night is bound to be full of BS. and who goes to the club at 10:30 pm... come on... if you wait in line with all the hamburgers early, you get treated like a hamburger. But don't take my word for any of this... it's just the internet, this isn't real life...it's all a fantasy!

If you waited to get there later than that, you were definitely out of luck. I got there early because I knew it was going to be tough to get in because I've been doing this long enough to know that. When I looked around at the crowd in line, and inside the club early on, it was full of people that I know that have been in this scene for years. Other DJs, people on comp lists, etc. were all in line early.

Here you go America you are free to do as we tell you
We want your soul
Your cash, your house, your phone, your cash, your house, your life" -Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Old Post Nov-24-2010 01:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Groundhog Boy Click here to Send Groundhog Boy a Private Message Add Groundhog Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eyebegod
Supreme tranceaddict

Jester

^^ If only there were a new NJ train tunnel under the hudson

Old Post Nov-24-2010 03:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for eyebegod Click here to Send eyebegod a Private Message Add eyebegod to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by ReenTeenTeen
LOL... LUNCH IS SERVED:

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article...nd-boxing/23429

THANX NCC

Wow, The CEO of District has an interesting choice of vocabulary. Real classy....

Old Post Nov-24-2010 05:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jashic
Senior tranceaddict

guys...compare this thread with the thread for a SUNDAY night party with Hawtin that same weekend. Keep in underground, screw D36. Let them keep their $20 drinks, shitty door policy, no guestlist, bottle service only crowd and continue to support parties like the party on Sunday night.

There are plenty of people willing to pay for bottle service, sit around in lounges and ask every now and again "who's the dj again?" to each other. You shouldn't be one of them.

Old Post Nov-24-2010 05:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jashic Click here to Send jashic a Private Message Add jashic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by jashic
guys...compare this thread with the thread for a SUNDAY night party with Hawtin that same weekend. Keep in underground, screw D36. Let them keep their $20 drinks, shitty door policy, no guestlist, bottle service only crowd and continue to support parties like the party on Sunday night.

There are plenty of people willing to pay for bottle service, sit around in lounges and ask every now and again "who's the dj again?" to each other. You shouldn't be one of them.

District will be fine bro... there were a few bumps in the road but there getting there act together, ease off on the criticism and let things play out....

Old Post Nov-24-2010 06:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TrancEdifice
Supreme tranceaddict

Really bothered by the dresscode issue. For EDM dance parties I always wear sneakers; I don't go with the intention to sit down (unless its packed) and I like to be as comforable as possible. I also don't like dressing up; UFO's and other wideleg pants for me
Sorry, I know sometimes you have to/should compromise in terms of dress, but I feel I have done enough of that. Speaking of the underground parties and scene that has been brought up in the thread, reminds me of why I have largely shied away from the big clubs, even when dresscode has not been a big issue (as it's not been with Pacha, for example; I know I have bashed it as much as many people here have, but I do really like this about it). You know, just not wanting to deal with the hassels of bottle service, and if not that, then some problem with staff (although, of course, this can happen with any type of club or party) or if not the staff then the quality of the crowd or the vibe they create (like the example given earlier about the people who just sit around and don't even know what DJ is playing).
Even less important than the dresscode issue, ultimaely, but not to me I like to have the option of bringing glowsticks. I remember how much fun it was, for instance, bringing glowtsicks to Trance Classics Night a few months ago. Sure I probably would have had a great time without them as with them, but, again, for me, I thought that knowing in advance this was not going to be an issue and being able to use them, added to my experience.
Hmm. I was thinking of checking out Nick Warren and Dave Seaman on the 4th (sans the glowsticks, lol), but , since it might take longer for the things to get better, maybe I will also wait till next year to check it out. Can't wait to hear how things will turn out with Timo Maas, meanwhile...

Old Post Nov-24-2010 06:58  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for TrancEdifice Click here to Send TrancEdifice a Private Message Add TrancEdifice to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jaybe
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Eco

Agreed^^^

Old Post Nov-24-2010 14:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jaybe Click here to Send jaybe a Private Message Add jaybe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWhat is this track 1 of 2? [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThe Gift - "The Seventh Day" (Main Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread