Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
djSlain
[Suspended]

log in at your home page and then just click on "join team" (tranceaddict) and you should be set.

thanks for joining

Old Post Mar-15-2004 05:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for djSlain Click here to Send djSlain a Private Message Visit djSlain's homepage! Add djSlain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SuperFarStucker
1380 fp/s

quote:
Originally posted by Djs-storm
But think of the many millions of computers hooked up to this grid. That would amount to faster that 10 seconds wouldn't it?
Yeah, but 'embarrasingly parallel' computations are all they can do with "distributed" mainframes. None of the data you're folding except your little unit is dependant on results from the rest of the grid. That's the beauty of mainframes and ultra-high speed interconnects I suppose

Venus: Enter, enter here - men of all kinds and races, victims of reality!
You who have the thirst for dreams.
Venus: You, on life's bitter road, drenched in hard sunlight who have the
thirst that once more the dark marvel of dreams...

Old Post Mar-19-2004 06:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SuperFarStucker Click here to Send SuperFarStucker a Private Message Add SuperFarStucker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tranc3
tranceaddict in training

Just signed up

Old Post Mar-19-2004 07:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Tranc3 Click here to Send Tranc3 a Private Message Add Tranc3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djSlain
[Suspended]

quote:
Originally posted by Tranc3
Just signed up

welcome to the team

Old Post Mar-19-2004 14:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for djSlain Click here to Send djSlain a Private Message Visit djSlain's homepage! Add djSlain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Djs-storm
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SuperFarStucker
Yeah, but 'embarrasingly parallel' computations are all they can do with "distributed" mainframes. None of the data you're folding except your little unit is dependant on results from the rest of the grid. That's the beauty of mainframes and ultra-high speed interconnects I suppose

Sorry, nothing against you but you are not seeing the full picture.

Suppose it does what I do in 2 weeks in 10 seconds, that is about 30 units every 10 seconds if I get 2 units per day done, which amounts to less than 300 000 units per day done by one machine. Meanwhile they get at least twice that amount every day from the many millions of pc's that are in the grid. So this way is faster

Old Post Mar-20-2004 03:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Djs-storm Click here to Send Djs-storm a Private Message Visit Djs-storm's homepage! Add Djs-storm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MOSCHINO
Suspended User

They found something in my mom's breast a while ago. I'm so happy that everything turned out to be ok. I hope they will find a cure one day and save a lot of people from this evil.

Yeah…you like to get cookie…a lot…you like the cookie when its late at night….you like the way the cookie tastes, you like the way the cookie smells….you like how the cookie makes you feel…can I have a bite of your cookie – COOKIE DOUGH DYNAMO!

MOSCHINO LOVES YOU...

Old Post Mar-20-2004 19:00  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for MOSCHINO Click here to Send MOSCHINO a Private Message Add MOSCHINO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xGirlx
Senior tranceaddict

To be famous is so nice, $uck my D!ck, Ki$$ my A$$.
In limousines we have sex, every nite with my famous friends.

Old Post Mar-25-2004 15:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xGirlx Click here to Send xGirlx a Private Message Add xGirlx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MrSquirrel
Auf Wiedersehen

I finally looked at this thread...(I kinda ignore the stickys) and i find out the little squirel can be no help

No non windows clients mean no squirrel computing power.

Sigh....

Hope this helps out.

MrS

-"Reality" is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.

Old Post Apr-04-2004 04:10  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for MrSquirrel Click here to Send MrSquirrel a Private Message Visit MrSquirrel's homepage! Add MrSquirrel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djSlain
[Suspended]

welcome to our group!

Old Post Apr-04-2004 04:12 
ShadoWolf
ISOS

quote:
Originally posted by MrSquirrel
I finally looked at this thread...(I kinda ignore the stickys)

They're supposed to have the opposite effect.

Old Post Apr-17-2004 20:18  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for ShadoWolf Click here to Send ShadoWolf a Private Message Add ShadoWolf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djchris
Junior tranceaddict

I'd go with Folding@Home...much better I think and theres huge competition and it does the same thing just does WU's for more life threatening diseases and cancer.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/

Old Post Apr-23-2004 20:50  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djchris Click here to Send djchris a Private Message Add djchris to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tranc3
tranceaddict in training

I know the actual computational results are more important, but I made it onto the first page of the TA members when sorted by points generated!

Old Post Apr-27-2004 08:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Tranc3 Click here to Send Tranc3 a Private Message Add Tranc3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease help me with an ID for this trance clip! [2002] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNRC - "Here Comes the Rain Again" (Push Dub Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread