Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > New TOTA Car Thread
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
Originally posted by love_child
It was just a prototype a few years ago so maybe thats why you are saying its old?... I read somewhere that it started actual production in 2010 so its pretty new.

They showed it at the 2007 Montreal Auto Show but it was just a foam mock-up...

I really think this car will be a big hit with the supercar crowd...

HTT really needs to send one to Top Gear!!!

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Feb-18-2011 23:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Euphorica
Next level beats

the car has been running since at least 07/08...yes a real life moving car.

its not like this just came about in the last 6-12 months

if it can perform itll do ok. its not that great looking and really not a hugely diff formula than what a lot companies already do..big amurcian v8 in ...something

if they made their own sweet engine of some kind...then that could really set it apart...maybe for later iterations?

Old Post Feb-25-2011 23:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Euphorica Click here to Send Euphorica a Private Message Add Euphorica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
love_child
TA

quote:
Originally posted by Euphorica

if it can perform itll do ok. its not that great looking and really not a hugely diff formula than what a lot companies already do..big amurcian v8 in ...something

if they made their own sweet engine of some kind...then that could really set it apart...maybe for later iterations?

I went to the auto show yesterday and spoke with the two gentlemen that were representing the vehicle. The car has a 100 percent carbon fibre body frame and only weighs 1,250 kilograms... apparantly about the same weight as a Volkswagen Golf. The car was not fully complete until last year and even then they were running into alot of transmission problems. He said that one of the guys from the Dragons Den took it for a test drive but the tranny flopped so they dont know if that deal is going to go through. They are going for $800,000

Old Post Feb-26-2011 15:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for love_child Click here to Send love_child a Private Message Add love_child to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
malek
drinks your milkshake!

quote:

they? it's a single man show, he did everything himself and there's only one copy so far, his.

He's trying to find investors but hasn't been successful so far, and sending his only copy left and right is expensive as hell.

Old Post Feb-26-2011 17:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for malek Click here to Send malek a Private Message Visit malek's homepage! Add malek to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

Sometimes, I think some ppl here argue with me for the sake of it...

quote:
History

It debuted at the 2007 Montreal International Auto Show as a preproduction foam prototype. Chartrand and HTT Technologies have been developing collapsible steering wheel for champ cars and mastering composite chassis reconstruction for Ferraris and Lamborghinis. This is the first Canadian super car ever. Beside it, a supercharged V8 6.2L powered 750 hp (560 kW) (torque 655 lb·ft (888 N·m))(claimed on the HTT website) was displayed or an optional high performance home made engine of 1,100 hp (820 kW). The chassis and body is made entirely out of carbon fibre with no engine subframe hence the chassis is exceptionally rigid. The car will weigh approximately 1,089 kg (2,401 lb) and, if mated to the 1,300 hp (970 kW) engine, will have a power to weight ratio equivalent to that of a Formula One race car. Two prototypes were constructed, the second suggests a centre seating position previously featured in only the McLaren F1, 1966 Ferrari 365 P prototype, and the 1969 Bizzarrini Manta Concept. HTT Technologies will hand make a max of 100 Pléthores a year at a small factory at the St.Eustache Raceway near Montreal. At the Montreal Auto Show, Chartrand claimed that 3 Pléthores had already been ordered.

For Euphorica

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Feb-26-2011 21:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
Originally posted by malek
they? it's a single man show, he did everything himself and there's only one copy so far, his.

He's trying to find investors but hasn't been successful so far, and sending his only copy left and right is expensive as hell.

There are three top guys in the company...

Luc Chartrand – Founder, Designer and Co-owner
Dr Carl Descoteaux – Founder and Co-owner
Sébastien Forest – CEO and Co-owner

The last two were on Dragon's Den...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Feb-26-2011 21:19 
malek
drinks your milkshake!

quote:
Originally posted by VDub
There are three top guys in the company...

Luc Chartrand – Founder, Designer and Co-owner
Dr Carl Descoteaux – Founder and Co-owner
Sébastien Forest – CEO and Co-owner

The last two were on Dragon's Den...

First time i heard about this car was way before 2007 on the news... and the story went it was this on guy (Chartrand) and he did everything by himself, a self-thaught, etc etc...

So good for him then, hopefully his venture takes off and delivers mad profits for the company, he deserves it.

Old Post Feb-26-2011 22:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for malek Click here to Send malek a Private Message Visit malek's homepage! Add malek to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

Yah it's great for a small Canadian company to put out such a great car...

I just hope they can work out the kinks and get the funding that they need...

They really have to send one over the England for a Top Gear test...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Feb-27-2011 04:40 
Euphorica
Next level beats

quote:
Originally posted by malek
First time i heard about this car was way before 2007 on the news... and the story went it was this on guy (Chartrand) and he did everything by himself, a self-thaught, etc etc...

So good for him then, hopefully his venture takes off and delivers mad profits for the company, he deserves it.
I also heard of the car ... visited their website well before 2007...and saw a running prototype on their site before so. i dont care what wikipedia says about a foam prototype.

I know what I saw and read before 07... i eat breath and sleep cars..and knew about this thing long before dragons den.

as for the "they" part...im referring to the company.

THey shouldnt send anything to top gear until they have a reliable vehicle... using a typical v8 they shouldnt have issues finding a strong enough transmission....
anyways all that doesnt matter..

I hope they can finally succeed...

Last edited by Euphorica on Feb-27-2011 at 08:31

Old Post Feb-27-2011 08:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Euphorica Click here to Send Euphorica a Private Message Add Euphorica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
love_child
TA

quote:
I also heard of the car ... visited their website well before 2007...and saw a running prototype on their site before so. i dont care what wikipedia says about a foam prototype.

I know what I saw and read before 07... i eat breath and sleep cars..and knew about this thing long before dragons den.

as for the "they" part...im referring to the company.

THey shouldnt send anything to top gear until they have a reliable vehicle... using a typical v8 they shouldnt have issues finding a strong enough transmission....
anyways all that doesnt matter..

I hope they can finally succeed...

That makes sense then... what you saw was a running prototype and they just now released the brand new production model.

Old Post Feb-27-2011 19:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for love_child Click here to Send love_child a Private Message Add love_child to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Euphorica
Next level beats

they really need to ...source a different engine imo(not for this run but another model)..everyone runs some LSx engine.... ya for good reason but its boring. do something different.

I still dont think the front and back match either. its weird.

Old Post Mar-02-2011 07:53  Canada
VERTiG0
cunning linguist.

I sort of want to replace my Mazda3 with a Saab 9-3 Aero. I saw my exact car the other day on the road and realized how goddamn childish it looks.

Old Post Mar-02-2011 21:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for VERTiG0 Click here to Send VERTiG0 a Private Message Add VERTiG0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > New TOTA Car Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack I heard in Ibiza this summer (mp3) [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAalto - "Rush" (Super 8 vs Orkidea Remix) [2014]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread