Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > John Digweed @ Avalon 3/22/14
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
djjoshuaallen
livin the dream

Its going to be a long weekend.

Old Post Feb-08-2014 18:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djjoshuaallen Click here to Send djjoshuaallen a Private Message Visit djjoshuaallen's homepage! Add djjoshuaallen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vin247
tranceaddict

See you guys there!

Old Post Feb-11-2014 23:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vin247 Click here to Send Vin247 a Private Message Add Vin247 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Calabria
Supreme tranceaddict

review from this...how was last night with diggers return to avalon

Old Post Mar-24-2014 04:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Calabria Click here to Send Calabria a Private Message Add Calabria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

Really amazing night! I've seen a lot of complaints about Trago's set (he was on before Digweed), but I kept running into friends left and right on the way in around midnight. Didn't even make it out of the lobby until a few minutes before Digweed came on at 1:11, so I can't comment on Trago's set other than I liked the last two songs a lot.

Awesome flow and track selection, more progressive and experimental than Digweed's last set in LA at Exchange. The DJ's transitioned again around 5:45 or so, Digweed was away for a bit, then came back and spun a few more tracks. He played the previous night in SF, so I was actually surprised that he kept going after 5am. Everything was better with Digweed at Avalon, from the crowd to the lighting and sound, it all just works better there imo.

Old Post Mar-24-2014 04:51  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Calabria
Supreme tranceaddict

so he played about 5hrs then...from about 1 - 6
the only thing that was holding me back about going was the crowd and vibe @ avalon. but it sounds like it wasnt bad and didnt avalon just redo their sound and lighting setup pretty recently too...

Old Post Mar-24-2014 07:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Calabria Click here to Send Calabria a Private Message Add Calabria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ekim18
Senior tranceaddict

One of the best, if not the best, set I've heard from Digweed in recent years. Very progressive - first 1.5 hours were slower and very groovy eventually building up into hours of what sounded like music that would be playing at an epic, apocalyptic end of the world party. As usual Digweed delivered a "question the meaning of life" set, burning down the club while basically looking like he's doing his taxes up there on the Xone. Just great.

While there were some washers in the house, the crowd was nowhere near as bad as the usual Avalon Saturday nights. Majority of clubbers were in their 20s-30s and lots of Digweed fans.

Fantastic night!

Old Post Mar-24-2014 17:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ekim18 Click here to Send ekim18 a Private Message Add ekim18 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjWoody
Chingon

I fell asleep and couldn't get my self to drive to LA if my life depended on it. Age is catching up to me.

Old Post Mar-24-2014 18:40  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for DjWoody Click here to Send DjWoody a Private Message Visit DjWoody's homepage! Add DjWoody to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
I fell asleep and couldn't get my self to drive to LA if my life depended on it. Age is catching up to me.

LOL!! That's what happened to me on the night of Danny T at Exchange.

Old Post Mar-24-2014 18:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
LOL!! That's what happened to me on the night of Danny T at Exchange.

LOL!! That's what should have happened to me on the night of Danny T at Exchange.

Old Post Mar-25-2014 05:24  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ekim18
One of the best, if not the best, set I've heard from Digweed in recent years. Very progressive - first 1.5 hours were slower and very groovy eventually building up into hours of what sounded like music that would be playing at an epic, apocalyptic end of the world party. As usual Digweed delivered a "question the meaning of life" set, burning down the club while basically looking like he's doing his taxes up there on the Xone. Just great.

While there were some washers in the house, the crowd was nowhere near as bad as the usual Avalon Saturday nights. Majority of clubbers were in their 20s-30s and lots of Digweed fans.

Fantastic night!

We have a winner! Awesome review.

Old Post Mar-25-2014 05:32  Germany
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

I also heard that John was not happy with the opener (Trago). John's a very picky guy when it comes to his openers. They should have just stuck with Kazell to open. He knows whats up.

Old Post Mar-25-2014 16:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vhx1
TiT Killer

I only was able to catch diggers for 2 hours cuz I was so sick. Haven't been to avalon years. Asides from the horrible crowd, his set was soo good for what I heard.

And yes.. the opener ..I guess his name was Trago was horrible... I'm not sure who he thought he was..

Old Post Mar-25-2014 20:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vhx1 Click here to Send vhx1 a Private Message Add vhx1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > John Digweed @ Avalon 3/22/14
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackneed id.. [2002] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNeo Cortex - "Elements 2004" (Club Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread