Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2018 Gas
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Lol, when I worked at Turnkey in central london, there was this guy that would come in, buy a bug expensive synth (like a virus KB or Oberheim or Korg Triton) then return it a week a two later saying things like "I didn't quite like the Osc" or "the keys don't quite feel right". Basically it was some vague and subjective reason for a return but presented as a design fault.

He'd done it about 5 times, then he came in again, this time to return something like a Yama CS2x for another synth but something was off with him, and I realized he was drunk this time around.

We really didn't want to take another back (it was a causing headache with returns and sale commissions for the sales guys), so I started to him a bunch of really technical questions about the specific problems he had, trying to trip him up and the he accidentally said "well when I'm sampling....". He realized the mistake and started trying to backpedal, at which point I told him I just needed to check what other synths we had, and jumped on the computer.

Turned out the fucker was sampling all these synths, then selling the sample packs on places like KVR and via his shitty website. He got marched out the shop by security and I think a couple of legal letters from manufacturers and he promptly disappeared.

Old Post Dec-28-2017 19:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Lol what a fucking asshole.

I've probably bought 50 synths in the last two years and I've only returned two of them. A Dark Energy, because it was shit, and a Minilogue, because it was fucking shit.

I take the hit on anything else I don't want to keep because I like to keep a good relationship with my 'dealers'

Old Post Dec-29-2017 00:19  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
atxbigballer1
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Minilogue, because it was fucking shit.

SHIT? Why is it shit?

"It's not the equipment....it's the muthaf@#%r running it"
quote:
Originally posted by Pagan-za
Fighting online is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Old Post Jan-01-2018 06:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for atxbigballer1 Click here to Send atxbigballer1 a Private Message Add atxbigballer1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by atxbigballer1
SHIT? Why is it shit?

Because they sound bloody awful.

Old Post Jan-01-2018 17:01  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

Almost ordered ANA 2, but then remembered that I'm supposed to feed myself for the rest of the month as well, so food won. I'll get it eventually as it looks really good, love the filter modes and the sampler.

While I do have serum(rent to own yay), that one is death for high polyphony sounds, which I use extensively, and Ana seems to be a good alternative(Ana pls go rent to own).

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Jan-02-2018 05:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Vernon Wanderer
Almost ordered ANA 2, but then remembered that I'm supposed to feed myself for the rest of the month as well, so food won. I'll get it eventually as it looks really good, love the filter modes and the sampler.

While I do have serum(rent to own yay), that one is death for high polyphony sounds, which I use extensively, and Ana seems to be a good alternative(Ana pls go rent to own).

That's a superb plugin. Very different to Serum.

I did some of the factory content for it.

Old Post Jan-02-2018 10:37  United Kingdom
djshire
Supreme tranceaddict

Miss having a MIDI keyboard, also need something small, thinking of getting an Arturia Keystep.

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
Rave to the grave.
quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid

djshire, you're a cool nigga.
quote:
Originally posted by Taipan
Agreed. You da man!

Old Post Jan-02-2018 21:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djshire Click here to Send djshire a Private Message Add djshire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by djshire
Miss having a MIDI keyboard, also need something small, thinking of getting an Arturia Keystep.

horrible keys, i returned it after using it for 5 minutes, got a Impact LX25+ instead and much happier with it, although it takes up a bit more space

Old Post Jan-02-2018 22:10  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

So my winter gas right now consists of the incredibly boring 4 x Vestax IF050, replacement in linse upfader for my Vestax Mixer.

I did however get these from the missus for Xmas....haven't broken them in yet, but first impression has been really good, and they may prove themselves to be a worthy replacement for my beloved but sadly discontinued Sont MD 7509HD's:

Old Post Jan-05-2018 20:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

Looks like I'm going back to roots lol - Santa was good to me this time lol:

And

Cheers,

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Jan-05-2018 21:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list TranceLover007 is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by TranceLover007
Looks like I'm going back to roots lol - Santa was good to me this time lol:

He told me all about it

Belted Happy Christmas D man

Old Post Jan-05-2018 21:52  United Kingdom
TranceLover007
DariusX

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
He told me all about it

Belted Happy Christmas D man

You got some leaks? lol

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Jan-05-2018 21:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list TranceLover007 is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2018 Gas
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTwo absolutely mindblowing TUNES!! [2002] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAyla - "Ayla" (Dj Taundu Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread