Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by VERTiG0
There's literally no reason to buy a Blackberry these days unless you absolutely need a hardware keyboard. Almost everything else out there completely outclasses every model RIM has including the Torch, which is mediocre at best.

I dunno about that, get a torch into your hands.

I prefer it to anything else out there, I like that you can minimize the open screen for easier scrolling and you arent hittin applications while scrolling.

The Apps will be here soon as well.

Old Post Sep-30-2010 15:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by VERTiG0
There's literally no reason to buy a Blackberry these days unless you absolutely need a hardware keyboard. Almost everything else out there completely outclasses every model RIM has including the Torch, which is mediocre at best.

I prefer it to anything else out there, I like that you can minimize the open screen for easier scrolling and you arent hittin applications while scrolling.

Old Post Sep-30-2010 15:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by English Rachel
my trackpad is clicking when I don't, any tips?

Get it replaced silly, one year exchange warranty.

Old Post Sep-30-2010 15:21  Canada
Knox
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by urban_legend

is the double posting due to using your new torch?

Old Post Sep-30-2010 16:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Add Knox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by Knox

no that was due to TA, smart ass

Old Post Sep-30-2010 17:10  Canada
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
Originally posted by Knox

LOL ^5

Old Post Sep-30-2010 17:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by urban_legend

I agree that it has the "wow that's cool" factor of the i phone with a blackberry feel that existing blackberry users will like (if they want a touch screen). Unfortunately, RIM's still playing catch up. This isn't going to swing new people their way, just upgrading existing blackberry users. If RIM wants to get new users from the general consumer market they're going to have to be first with something... ANYTHING.

(all of that said, I fully intend on purchasing a torch for the wife... not sure if I'll go torch or bold yet... the torch is heavy yo!)

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Sep-30-2010 19:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
I agree that it has the "wow that's cool" factor of the i phone with a blackberry feel that existing blackberry users will like (if they want a touch screen). Unfortunately, RIM's still playing catch up. This isn't going to swing new people their way, just upgrading existing blackberry users. If RIM wants to get new users from the general consumer market they're going to have to be first with something... ANYTHING.

(all of that said, I fully intend on purchasing a torch for the wife... not sure if I'll go torch or bold yet... the torch is heavy yo!)

Thats what the playbook is, plus you get the BlackBerry quality.

With the new apps coming out and when the new OS by QNX hits the handheld platform it should be mint.

Old Post Sep-30-2010 19:05  Canada
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

I cant wait to rock the 9700 and Playbook combo... With the playbook coming in 2011Q1, the torch is not really in my plans... was, until the playbook announcement.

Unless I get it for stupidly unreasonable low price, or they hook me up with one from Rogers when I complain till the cows come home Rogers once this 3G nonsense is over and done with...

We were talking at work, we wished that BlackBerry pins/provisioning were easily howswappable and how we'd rock the new Pearl for the weekend and then go back to the 9700 for workweek, just because of size and sleekness....

Now, with the Playbook, you could use that bad boy tethered to your pearl and keep that small sleep phone in your pocket, and use the playbook for everything else!

Besides the typing, the new pearl is a sleek nice little device, just going back and forth from the suretype to the full QWERTY could get annoying...

Old Post Oct-01-2010 04:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

At the insistance of Mrs. Hazard I went and picked up two Torches (s or es to make torch plural?) last night. So far I quite like it.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Oct-01-2010 18:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
At the insistance of Mrs. Hazard I went and picked up two Torches (s or es to make torch plural?) last night. So far I quite like it.

Tu a raison. Torches.

Old Post Oct-01-2010 18:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

i want a torch.

Old Post Oct-01-2010 23:38  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSample 1 Played By Rank1 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStarecase - See (Timo Maas Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread