Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LightsOut
Antagonist

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Dec-07-2011 17:47  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut

Saw that, supposed to be the first major hardware with the BB10(BBX) in 2012Q3...

Excited!

Old Post Dec-08-2011 15:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

This will drop around the same time, if not a little earlier.

Also, 7.1.0.74 leaked this morning for the 9810. Check Crackberry for links.

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Dec-08-2011 15:50  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

I also want to go on the record that i'm furious at the price drop on the PlayBooks, primarily fueled by bitterness. But i'm also thrilled that now pretty much all my friends bought one so the video chat feature is actually used and hopefully there will be more PlayBook specific sharing/social applications between them.

And if you have a PlayBook... GET THIS GAME! It's awesome!

Old Post Dec-08-2011 16:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

Apparently you can root a playbook now & run Android Marketplace

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Dec-08-2011 17:30  Germany
LKD
Omni-peasant

so how many of you now own playbooks?

Old Post Jan-16-2012 04:40  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

It's amazing how many of my friends now got one...

Both my cousins got one, a few friends, my lil brother is getting on next week.

Old Post Jan-16-2012 05:21  Canada
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
so how many of you now own playbooks?

I do.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Jan-16-2012 12:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

me too

D

Old Post Jan-17-2012 20:29  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

So guys, is there anything that the playbook OS can do that really sets it apart from Android or iOS?

People keep asking me (cause I'm a techy), but I just don't read enough about it to know.

Features that really make you go "WOW, I have to have a playbook".

Old Post Jan-17-2012 20:39  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
goodnet
•Damn• I look good.

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
So guys, is there anything that the playbook OS can do that really sets it apart from Android or iOS?

People keep asking me (cause I'm a techy), but I just don't read enough about it to know.

This may go off-topic (seeing as you inquired about the OS itself) and probably wont help your technical credibility, but as a consumer, for me:

It's a solid tablet experience for $200, that isn't built by some no-name Android hardware manufacturer. I've got little hands-on experience with $200 Android tablets, but before the playbook went on sale, the $200 Android tablets I read reviews on or saw at Staples/bestbuy either had sub-par screen, made by some company with very low brand exposure, felt cheap, poor responsiveness to touch input, and/or had some fragmented version of Android that would only run a manufacturer-specific version of the Android marketplace.

If it were the same price as ipad2's, well, I would just wait for Windows 8 tablets. lol

Old Post Jan-17-2012 21:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for goodnet Click here to Send goodnet a Private Message Add goodnet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Orko

The hardware is exceptional. Hands down the most solid, hearty, well built tablet I've handled.

What makes it better? Well obviously there is the compatibility features with BlackBerry phone/device. The ability to bridge your two devices and use your phone features on the tablet and share files in between etc and have it synch is a selling feature. The new 2.0 will offer additional compatibility including using your BlackBerry smartphone a remote for your PlayBook if you're using it as a media device and additional features utilizing the bridging concept.

Android apps being able to be supported in the coming upgrade is key as well, so you're not 100% dependent on BlackBerry apps, and have larger selection for your needs and will also improve and encourage additional development in applications to utilize the PlayBook's functionality.

Here is press release from CES with 2.0's features and improvements.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/01/10/rim-makes-playbook-2-0-software-official-details-extensive-improvements/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mobilesyrup+%28mobilesyrup.com%29

quote:
RIM Previews BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 at CES
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA--(Marketwire - Jan. 9, 2012) - (CES 2012) - This week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) will be previewing new features of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 that will enable customers to stay even more connected and productive in their personal and professional lives.

"BlackBerry PlayBook is already recognized for delivering powerful performance, true multi-tasking, advanced web browsing and HD multimedia in an ultra-portable design," said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. "With BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 we are building on this strong foundation, as well as leveraging our strengths in communications, social integration and productivity, to allow people to use their BlackBerry PlayBook in new ways throughout the day."

CES 2012 attendees who visit the BlackBerry booth at CES (South Hall 3 Booth # 30326) will get a sneak peek of upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 functionality including:

Advanced Messaging Experience:

New unified inbox - a powerful unified inbox within the built-in messaging app allows users to quickly manage their personal email and work email accounts as well as the messaging capabilities of popular social networking sites like Twitter®, LinkedIn® and others - all in one place.
Multi-tasking within email - by extending the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet's multitasking capabilities to 'tabbed email', users are able to reference one email while they compose another.
Rich-text email composing and editing - new features within the Messages app enable users to benefit from full support of fonts, formatting and editing of email threads, offering a robust email experience similar to that of a PC or laptop.
Inbox management tools - allows for powerful inbox search across multiple email accounts, as well as the ability to set out-of-office messages and email signatures directly from their tablet.
Deep Integration of Social Relationships:

Innovative people-centric calendar - in addition to standard calendar features that help users plan and organize their day, the powerful built-in Calendar app provides the unique ability for users to view their calendar by who they are meeting with that day and review valuable information about that contact. Information is consolidated automatically from social networking sites about that contact and/or their company.
Relationship-centric contacts app - more than just an address book, the new built-in Contacts app serves as a social hub - merging and consolidating information from multiple sources (including email and social channels) into one contact file for each person in their address book. Each contact file includes information such as recent status updates, conversations, related news articles and mutual contacts that are kept up-to-date automatically.

Making Your BlackBerry Smartphone and Tablet a Powerful Pair:

Remote control for the BlackBerry PlayBook - new BlackBerry Bridge features allow a user's BlackBerry smartphone to act as a keyboard and mouse for their BlackBerry PlayBook - effectively providing a wireless remote control for their tablet. Perfect for pausing a movie when a BlackBerry PlayBook is plugged in to a TV with an HDMI connection, or for using the tactile QWERTY keyboard on a BlackBerry smartphone to compose a message or document on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Opening content on the BlackBerry PlayBook - BlackBerry Bridge allows you to take documents, emails, multimedia files and web pages found on your smartphone and open them quickly and directly on the BlackBerry PlayBook so you can use the larger high resolution display for an optimized viewing and editing experience.

Improved Mobile Productivity:

Updated document editing capabilities - updated Documents To Go® functionality makes it easier for users to create and edit documents while on the go. Improvements include: enhanced support for the virtual keyboard, the ability to view and update embedded charts and chart sheets within spreadsheets, a new formula wizard with over 100 functions as well as the ability to edit presentations including text, bullets and formatting.
Print To Go application - this app allows users to wirelessly "print" from their laptop or PC directly to their BlackBerry PlayBook over Wi-Fi®. A digital printout is created on the BlackBerry PlayBook so that users can view, sort and manage their digital printouts as though they were physical sheets of paper. The Print To Go app is the perfect way to consolidate info from various related sources like a hotel web confirmation, an airline boarding pass email, the show event schedule or even a map of the destination city and make them available for quick access on the go.
Increased control and manageability of corporate data - the combination of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 with BlackBerry Mobile Fusion and BlackBerry Balance will help to overcome many barriers to widespread tablet deployment, including device manageability and the ability to secure, manage and control confidential corporate information on the device. Plus BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 supports dedicated shelf space inside the BlackBerry App World storefront to allow IT departments to control distribution of enterprise applications and to make those approved enterprise applications easily available to the organization's end users.
New Apps and Content:

Your favorite apps plus thousands more - many exciting new applications built for the BlackBerry PlayBook will be made available on BlackBerry App World with the availability of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0. From gaming and lifestyle to business and productivity, RIM is showcasing some of the latest apps available for the BlackBerry PlayBook at CES 2012 including Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Groupon, Thomson Reuters, Zinio and many more.
Video store - a catalog of thousands of movies and TV shows will be available through the integrated BlackBerry Video Storefront* with new releases to be made available for purchase or rent the same day they come out on DVD. Users will be able to begin watching media as soon as they start to download the file, so users won't have to wait for the entire file to transfer before they can enjoy great entertainment on the tablet's high resolution display, or on an HDTV via the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet's HDMI output.
Enhanced web browsing - the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 browser also includes a new reading view, which is designed to make web sites even easier to enjoy by eliminating page clutter at the touch of a button. What's left is a cleaner format that is great for reading online news articles, blog posts, or websites that contain heavy amounts of text.
Availability

The BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 software update will be available as a free download for all BlackBerry PlayBook users and is expected to be available in February 2012.

BlackBerry Video Store will initially be available in the United States. Support for other countries is expected to be added later this year.

This video is pretty long, so skip around, but it pretty much goes over most of the new stuff...

Old Post Jan-17-2012 22:09  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackANSWERED: Yelle - A cause des garçons (Tepr remix) [2008] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBlank & Jones - "After Love" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread