Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Breaking Bad
Pages (57): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I've got a friend that thinks that the Icarus speech at the end was directed at Jesse, but it seemed pretty clearly pointed at Mike to me for taking all the money. What say you?

Old Post Aug-01-2012 16:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
love_child
TA

It's another brilliant strategy in an episode that was all about Walter manipulating people: manipulating Marie into feeling sorry for him and less of Skylar (with the truth! no less), manipulating Junior into thinking his happy family is restored as they watch Scarface, manipulating Jesse into dumping Andrea, and manipulating Mike into thinking he could ever be anything other than Heisenberg's employee.

Those posters were right, "All hail the king." And it really is time Mike realized who's boss and that he can't MAKE Walter pay hush money to people he's never even met.

Old Post Aug-01-2012 16:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for love_child Click here to Send love_child a Private Message Add love_child to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't think Walt has manipulated Mike into anything he doesn't want to do. It fels to me like he's leaning on Jesse to side with him over Mike since so far Pinkman just wants to keep things cool between everyone.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 03:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
I've got a friend that thinks that the Icarus speech at the end was directed at Jesse, but it seemed pretty clearly pointed at Mike to me for taking all the money. What say you?

I felt that it was directed at Jesse, in reaction to his having forced Walt's hand w/r/t paying the hush money. It was pretty obvious, at least to me, that there was no way they would get around paying the hush money - it's part of business - but when Jesse suggested that he'd just pay all of it, Walt, in order to remain The Man, had no option but to say "no. i'll pay my share." I think he knew that he'd have to pay, but wanted to gain some leverage from the situation. Jesse got in the way of him gaining leverage over Mike, ergo he was sure to let Jesse know that he, Walt, was still the boss, and Jesse shouldn't act that way / even think about flying to high.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 03:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

I really hope Mike kills Walter.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 04:03  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights

This all makes sense. And the door closing on Jesse at the end sure made it seems like it was directed at him as well. I guess I just couldn't see why since my take on the money scene was that Jesse was just trying to eliminate tension, not gain any sense of power. However, I can see now how Walt took it the way he did.

And if anything, I hope it's Jesse that pulls the trigger on Walt in the end.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 04:25  United States
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

As for Gus slitting his goon's throat, it always struck me as a way of tying up loose ends, since he admitted he was seen at Gale's after the shooting. The sending a message to Walt felt like a byproduct he capitalized on.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 04:29  United States
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

Cooking in a tented house is genius. If Walt and Jesse ever get in trouble they can always just torch the house, and find another.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 06:43  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

quote:
Originally posted by love_child
Walt is gonna kill Skyler

she just needs to go away, don't care how!

Old Post Aug-03-2012 11:31  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

and about the threat at the end of the last episode, if they do kill Mike, i just dont think they will be able to run the business... we all know how good they were before Gus came along lol

unless they get an offer from another cartel which would def make them kill mike, which might be the explanation from the opening scene of this season

Old Post Aug-03-2012 11:34  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

It'd be a nice ending for Jesse to find out what Walt did with the poisonous flowers/berries, and then kills him. God I hate Walt.

Old Post Aug-03-2012 14:19  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

This show is fucking amazing

Every episode gets better and better.

Old Post Aug-03-2012 23:17 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Breaking Bad
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (57): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown orchestral track (sounds like smthn John Williams would write) [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBeam - "Amun" (Cosmic Gate Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread