Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > AgE doesnt matter
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
butterfly
melissa

i will be 24 next month. IMO, age does matter with respect to clubbing. ravers do tend to start younger than clubbers but i think anyone younger than 16 shouldnt be there. i even think that is young.... listen to music on your computer for now. you'll be able to go out as much as you want when you are old enough...

Old Post Jul-21-2003 12:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for butterfly Click here to Send butterfly a Private Message Add butterfly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
occrider
Traveladdict

Blech ... I was weaned onto electronica through the rave scene and lemme tell you, I hate the scene now more than ever before. Just as a backgrounder, I started going to raves in 99 (ah what a great year) but the scene was largely inundated with kids trying to be cool, drug addicts, and dealers/20-something year old fuck ups trying to either rip people off or sleep with 15 year old girls. For each 100 people there, 15 would say outright that they're there for the drugs only, 65 people are confused and believe that they are there for the music but are actually there for the drugs or to be rebellious, and maybe 20 people would actually be there for the music.

I wanted to murder every candyraver there, even my friends who went through candy phases for a torturing 3 months. Now I don't care what anybody wears, what genre of music they like, whether they dance like a fool, or just close their eyes and hum a cute jingle, but candyravers are the embodiment of hypocrisy in the rave scene. 99.99% of them had NO CLUE about music at all. They would tell you that the whole thing is about PLUR, an expression of feeling, yadda yadda yadda, but quiz them about the music and they gave you a blank stare. They would attend EVERY rave (regardless of whether the DJ was just a complete numb nuts or not), and base their decisison on whether a set was good on the "mood" or the "atmosphere" of the rave, not the music. Take away all the drug use and they would disappear. And they, are the reason why the scene is dying. If perhaps they took the slightest measures to be discrete about their drug use, there wouldn't be all these "shocking" 60 minute and dateline specials on what kids are doing at raves. Then, they have to gall to bitch and complain about the government cracking down on the rave scene scene and trying to stamp out electronica, when even the most ardent liberal would turn pasty white if they see half the shit that went on with these 14,15, and 16 year olds ...

Oh well that's my rant. I can understand that if you aren't old enough, you kind of have to go to raves in order to hear the music you like, but any true fan of the music (and not the drugs) would migrate over to clubs once they get old enough.

Old Post Jul-21-2003 14:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for occrider Click here to Send occrider a Private Message Add occrider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

age does matter...wait 5 years then come back to this site....do your mommies agree with you going to raves at 13..... like jesus when i was 13 i was playing fuckin street hockey and experimenting with ciggarettes homemade bombs and weed.....now these kids are experimenting with fuckin e's and raves....i swear im not having children

Old Post Jul-21-2003 14:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TuanAnh213
ahhh...Du Du Du Du Du

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_TRON
NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB...NOOB IS THE DUMBEST WORD EVER F*CKING MADE!!! WHOEVER INVENTED IT SHOULD BE BURNT AT THE STAKE!!

YOU'RE A NOOB
YOU'RE A NOOB
YOU'RE A NOOB
YOU'RE A NOOB
YOU'RE A NOOB
YOU'RE A NOOB
YOU'RE A NOOB
YOU'RE A NOOB
YOU'RE A NOOB
YOU'RE A NOOB

p.s.: i heard people down there in wisconsin like to smear cheese on their dick and fuck cows...you down with that?

Old Post Jul-21-2003 15:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TuanAnh213 Click here to Send TuanAnh213 a Private Message Visit TuanAnh213's homepage! Add TuanAnh213 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
occrider
Traveladdict

Damn NOOBS Go to hell!!!!! How do you people change the title under your name?

Old Post Jul-21-2003 15:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for occrider Click here to Send occrider a Private Message Add occrider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pink_glitter
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by occrider
How do you people change the title under your name?

When u reach 500 posts
Read this post = http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...&threadid=57208

Old Post Jul-21-2003 16:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for pink_glitter Click here to Send pink_glitter a Private Message Visit pink_glitter's homepage! Add pink_glitter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MisterOpus1
Grumpy Old Fart

quote:
Originally posted by occrider
Blech ... I was weaned onto electronica through the rave scene and lemme tell you, I hate the scene now more than ever before. Just as a backgrounder, I started going to raves in 99 (ah what a great year) but the scene was largely inundated with kids trying to be cool, drug addicts, and dealers/20-something year old fuck ups trying to either rip people off or sleep with 15 year old girls. For each 100 people there, 15 would say outright that they're there for the drugs only, 65 people are confused and believe that they are there for the music but are actually there for the drugs or to be rebellious, and maybe 20 people would actually be there for the music.

I wanted to murder every candyraver there, even my friends who went through candy phases for a torturing 3 months. Now I don't care what anybody wears, what genre of music they like, whether they dance like a fool, or just close their eyes and hum a cute jingle, but candyravers are the embodiment of hypocrisy in the rave scene. 99.99% of them had NO CLUE about music at all. They would tell you that the whole thing is about PLUR, an expression of feeling, yadda yadda yadda, but quiz them about the music and they gave you a blank stare. They would attend EVERY rave (regardless of whether the DJ was just a complete numb nuts or not), and base their decisison on whether a set was good on the "mood" or the "atmosphere" of the rave, not the music. Take away all the drug use and they would disappear. And they, are the reason why the scene is dying. If perhaps they took the slightest measures to be discrete about their drug use, there wouldn't be all these "shocking" 60 minute and dateline specials on what kids are doing at raves. Then, they have to gall to bitch and complain about the government cracking down on the rave scene scene and trying to stamp out electronica, when even the most ardent liberal would turn pasty white if they see half the shit that went on with these 14,15, and 16 year olds ...

Oh well that's my rant. I can understand that if you aren't old enough, you kind of have to go to raves in order to hear the music you like, but any true fan of the music (and not the drugs) would migrate over to clubs once they get old enough.

This man is well-spoken. Not much different than my own story, other than the Mrs. and I started in 2000 - and oh yeah, I'm married and did every clubbing/rave event with her. It only took 1-2 so called "raves" for me to despise them and all the shithead e-tard candykids that are associated with these events. They have contributed well to the demise of electronica music and is negative spotlight by the media and US government. For the most part, however, I've spent most of my time in the +21 bars - which has suited me just fine. Plenty of e-tards in there as well, mind you, but not nearly as bad. Pretty much the same excuse derives from the folks in both raves in clubs as to why they are there - "it's all about the music!" I know this because I was one of those idiots that said this for awhile there too. But that's a bunch of crap, and for anyone to tell me otherwise are both lying to me and themselves. It's about the drugs, plain and simple.

I'm 29 now, and becoming more and more burnt out on the whole "scene" shit, so you'll see more jaded comments like these coming from me. I can successfully say now that I'm much more about the music than the drugs, only because I simply can't do that shit to myself anymore. As for you at 13, I really hope you're not experimenting with that shit right now. I know it's hypocritical as hell for me to say that, but you'd better not be fucking up your brain and body at that young age. You're still growing and developing - wait a few more years before you make that ever-so-important decision to be self-destructive.

And as for your Sasha comment - there's nothing I could say that hasn't already been said, except I'll never say that fucking "Noob" word (wait, didn't I already say it? Damnit!). But seriously, a little education in DJs and producers would be appropriate before making comments. Regardless, good luck to you.

and dance about,
and stick pickles in my honker...

Old Post Jul-21-2003 16:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MisterOpus1 Click here to Send MisterOpus1 a Private Message Add MisterOpus1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MisterOpus1
Grumpy Old Fart

quote:
Originally posted by pink_glitter
When u reach 500 posts
Read this post = http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...&threadid=57208

Ahh, he made you bite! That old bastard Occ's been around for too long! Take a look at his profile and see his # of posts......

and dance about,
and stick pickles in my honker...

Old Post Jul-21-2003 16:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MisterOpus1 Click here to Send MisterOpus1 a Private Message Add MisterOpus1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
occrider
Traveladdict

quote:
Originally posted by MisterOpus1
Ahh, he made you bite! That old bastard Occ's been around for too long! Take a look at his profile and see his # of posts......

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm exposing all the noobs!

Old Post Jul-21-2003 16:56  United States
NomadaNare
tranceaddict in training

I happen to be 16 and a long time follower of pretty much all electronica since about 12, havent been to a rave yet, cant get a relatively good fake ID down here in New Orleans and i dont think the scene is pretty big around here anyway (i may be showing my ignorance). So what im asking is how did u older fellows get in during the golden years?

Old Post Jul-21-2003 18:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for NomadaNare Click here to Send NomadaNare a Private Message Add NomadaNare to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
occrider
Traveladdict

quote:
Originally posted by NomadaNare
I happen to be 16 and a long time follower of pretty much all electronica since about 12, havent been to a rave yet, cant get a relatively good fake ID down here in New Orleans and i dont think the scene is pretty big around here anyway (i may be showing my ignorance). So what im asking is how did u older fellows get in during the golden years?

Ummm well, the whole concept of a "rave" is that it's an illegal party of sorts thrown in some warehouse, field, paintball arena, whatever, in which case it's an all ages event where kids as young as 13 or 14 can get in. So if you want to go to raves in your area check out hyperreal.org or go to your local headshop or whatever and look for flyers. If you want to actually experience good trance music in a club then you're pretty much shit out of luck until you're 18.

Old Post Jul-21-2003 18:56  United States
TeKnoHe@d2025
Derek Howell Addict

quote:
Originally posted by TuanAnh213
p.s.: i heard people down there in wisconsin like to smear cheese on their dick and fuck cows...you down with that?

Old Post Jul-21-2003 18:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TeKnoHe@d2025 Click here to Send TeKnoHe@d2025 a Private Message Visit TeKnoHe@d2025's homepage! Add TeKnoHe@d2025 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > AgE doesnt matter
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksong ID please - trance from mid to late 90's [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackX-Trax - Plan 94 (The Voyager) (Sunset Sky vs. Sneaker Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread