Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
mr. poopyhead
pho king guy...

quote:
Originally posted by jonsimmonds
wheres this add? imm using this on 3 of my comps, 2 of which are moniter less, and the one imm at atm i cant see any adds

i've seen HULK ads occasionally, hahaha... just go to the screen where it shows all the molecules and crap... there are 2 little banner things on the bottom... sometimes they're HULK ads, hahah....

Old Post Apr-18-2003 00:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mr. poopyhead Click here to Send mr. poopyhead a Private Message Visit mr. poopyhead's homepage! Add mr. poopyhead to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

quote:
Originally posted by mr. poopyhead
i've seen HULK ads occasionally, hahaha... just go to the screen where it shows all the molecules and crap... there are 2 little banner things on the bottom... sometimes they're HULK ads, hahah....

the only adds i see in that bit are a IBM one (from my understanding they did a fair bit of coding for this project) and some reaseach one liked to the chemistry departmant of the uni of oxford, uk. i have a fealing these ads are here as a thank you to the work these institutions have put into the united devices project, how ever if i see some comercial add in here ill totaly change my view on these adds

Beware of killer hamsters and the random running dogs.

Old Post Apr-18-2003 01:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for jon Click here to Send jon a Private Message Add jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mr. poopyhead
pho king guy...

quote:
Originally posted by jonsimmonds
the only adds i see in that bit are a IBM one (from my understanding they did a fair bit of coding for this project) and some reaseach one liked to the chemistry departmant of the uni of oxford, uk. i have a fealing these ads are here as a thank you to the work these institutions have put into the united devices project, how ever if i see some comercial add in here ill totaly change my view on these adds

hahaha... i'm SURE i saw it.. and i haven't been drunk for a few weeks now... i'll take a screenshot next time i see it, =P.

Old Post Apr-18-2003 01:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mr. poopyhead Click here to Send mr. poopyhead a Private Message Visit mr. poopyhead's homepage! Add mr. poopyhead to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcus82
Supreme tranceaddict

cool, i'll do it...besides, many americans and canadians die from cancer...you maybe helping a fellow TA'er!

You need people like me!!! You need people like me so you can point your fucking fingers, and say 'that's the bad guy!' So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem.

Help Fight Disease TA United Research Team

Old Post May-13-2003 18:10  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for marcus82 Click here to Send marcus82 a Private Message Add marcus82 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djSlain
[Suspended]

thanx for joining!

Old Post May-17-2003 00:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for djSlain Click here to Send djSlain a Private Message Visit djSlain's homepage! Add djSlain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcus82
Supreme tranceaddict

hmmmmm...

united devices just gave me a new strain to work on...

all i have been getting is smallpox (ligandandfit or whatever)...

what the hell...i was under the impression they'd give me something other than that! like...maybe some cancer strain to work on...

can someone also tell me if i contributed anything to research because it says 0 on my UD thingy...console.

You need people like me!!! You need people like me so you can point your fucking fingers, and say 'that's the bad guy!' So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem.

Help Fight Disease TA United Research Team

Old Post May-21-2003 03:54  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for marcus82 Click here to Send marcus82 a Private Message Add marcus82 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

if you click on the "view your scores and results" link from the program, log into the website, once its all fired up you should see a list of all the stastics of the work youve done (it may take from 24-48 hours from the results to show on their after the work unit is completed), click on the "my device manager" link on the left menu bar, it should say "defult profile" towards the middle of the screen, click that and there you should be able to say what projects you want your pc's spare cpu time to work on.

ive left mine to smallpox & cancer, as somtimes there are more workunits of one type to be researched than the other.

hope that helped

Jon

Old Post May-21-2003 09:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for jon Click here to Send jon a Private Message Add jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mospeedracer
Senior tranceaddict

I am in. My Grandpa and Grandma both died of cancer so what ever i can do to help i am all for it.

Old Post May-22-2003 15:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mospeedracer Click here to Send mospeedracer a Private Message Add mospeedracer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djSlain
[Suspended]

so what is everyone's score rite now?

Old Post May-27-2003 04:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for djSlain Click here to Send djSlain a Private Message Visit djSlain's homepage! Add djSlain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

81,879 , and ive been crunching since 2/27/2002

Old Post May-27-2003 08:38 
MostlyMelodic
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by marcus82
hmmmmm...

united devices just gave me a new strain to work on...

all i have been getting is smallpox (ligandandfit or whatever)...

what the hell...i was under the impression they'd give me something other than that! like...maybe some cancer strain to work on...

can someone also tell me if i contributed anything to research because it says 0 on my UD thingy...console.

If you want to just run the cancer project what you have to do is opt out of the smallpox project in your profile, this thread on the UD forum covers it, its v easy

http://forum.ud.com/ubbcgi/ultimate...c;f=22;t=000063

Old Post Jun-06-2003 17:22  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for MostlyMelodic Click here to Send MostlyMelodic a Private Message Add MostlyMelodic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djSlain
[Suspended]

i'll keep running smallpox for about another week. If u guys have been here for a while, they used to have a project on anthrax. it only lasted about 2 weeks and i never heard any positive discoveries by the UD team. I'm guessing SmallPox will be around for another week before it focuses back on cancer

Old Post Jun-15-2003 15:07 

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackYear 2000 Track Needs IDing [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBryan Zentz - "D-Clash" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread