Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Carwin is soo hot right now!

Old Post Mar-29-2010 13:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renzo
where am i

Ok, so I wasn't home last night. I was out. But from reading reviews, UFC 112 has been mired in controversy. I will be watching the fights shortly.

I am reading from some BJ shouldn't have lost [extremely shocked he did], and Dana is pissed off with Anderson Silva's "lackluster performance." Oh the drama.

Old Post Apr-12-2010 05:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SuspicionVandit
Rapper

Dan Murgliatta landed more shots on Silva than Maia

Paul Van Dyk 09-24-2009: No, but I can sign your sleeve under that name if you let me!

Old Post Apr-12-2010 05:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for SuspicionVandit Click here to Send SuspicionVandit a Private Message Add SuspicionVandit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Anderson was a scary angry man in teh 2nd round. Then in the 5th when maia manned up Anderson did nothing.

BJ just didn't do enough. And I guess Frankie did just enough. Too bad now, Florian will destroy Frankie...and I do not like florian.

Old Post Apr-12-2010 06:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RapidFire
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
Ok, so I wasn't home last night. I was out. But from reading reviews, UFC 112 has been mired in controversy. I will be watching the fights shortly.

I am reading from some BJ shouldn't have lost [extremely shocked he did], and Dana is pissed off with Anderson Silva's "lackluster performance." Oh the drama.

Frankie won the fight. people are making excuses for BJ.

and Anderson is way too sensitive. he needs to leave his personal vendetta baggage at the door and fight not clown around and disrespect his opponents. he really turned into an asshole that night.

on the flipside i gained respect for Maia.

Old Post Apr-12-2010 20:27  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for RapidFire Click here to Send RapidFire a Private Message Add RapidFire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WhooCares
spaghett

quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
on the flipside i gained respect for Maia.

why? he wasnt trying to do shit. his take down attempts (if u even wanna call them that) lacked severely. he only got what, like 10 hits on him throughout the fight? Anderson WAS being a prick, but hey, the man wants a real challenge. give it to him

My Soundcloud

Old Post Apr-12-2010 20:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for WhooCares Click here to Send WhooCares a Private Message Add WhooCares to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
corjay9
Chief Executive Ocifer

BJ Penn didn't deserve to win the fight, I don't know what the controversy is about. He's a fool for not using his size and strength on Frankie, at least clinch him, pin him up against the cage and pound on him a bit. Frankie took him down, did more damage to BJ's face, and overall was in MUCH better shape then Penn in the later rounds. Penn's conditioning is poor, I dunno what his strategy was, but if it was to stand up and box with Frankie and go the distance, he was setting himself up for the loss.

Silva, I don't understand. I really don't understand him at all... he was dominating in the first two rounds, seems like he could have ended it whenever he wanted to, he got cocky, telling Maia to hit him, FUCK end the fight already.. seems in the 3rd he got tired, knew he had the fight won and just backed off and tried not to lose. That was the most pathetic UFC fight I've ever seen, and in a new (rich) market if I was Dana I'd be FUCKIN pissed too.

As for Silva vs. GSP, Silva has not impressed me whatsoever in the last 3 fights, GSP is IMO the best pound for pound MMA fighter in the world right now..

And Hughes completely demolished Renzo, I felt bad for the old fart too... those booming leg kicks, jeez.

Old Post Apr-13-2010 00:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for corjay9 Click here to Send corjay9 a Private Message Add corjay9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

Penn didn't really do anything but stand there and try to counterpunch when Edgar attacked, but he wasn't even really effective at that because Edgar did a great job rolling his shoulders to block most of the counters.

It was strange, because Penn is seen as this really well-rounded fighter, but when plan A wasn't working he never even tried to mix things up.

Other than that: Anderson Silva is a strange, strange man. But even if it wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing effort, he still dominated. I approved of Dan Miragliotta's invocation of the oft-ignored prohibition on refusing to engage, but a mere warning with 10 seconds left in the final round is a rather meaningless use of the rule. Here's hoping it foreshadows more significant use of the rule in the future.

Old Post Apr-13-2010 01:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WhooCares
spaghett

My Soundcloud

Old Post Apr-13-2010 03:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for WhooCares Click here to Send WhooCares a Private Message Add WhooCares to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RapidFire
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DjWhooCares
why? he wasnt trying to do shit. his take down attempts (if u even wanna call them that) lacked severely. he only got what, like 10 hits on him throughout the fight? Anderson WAS being a prick, but hey, the man wants a real challenge. give it to him

he didnt run and he brought the fight to Anderson in the fourth and fifth way more than Anderson had in the whole fight.

if anderson felt Maia wasn't a challange then why not finish him? im sure he could have in the first 2 rounds but by halfway through the 3rd he had gassed and he couldn't close the distance.

Maia kept coming at him and even punching him from his knees towards the end. He showed heart. Anderson should what a jackass and hypocrite he can be. never once did he follow up on an attack.

Old Post Apr-14-2010 23:19  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for RapidFire Click here to Send RapidFire a Private Message Add RapidFire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pete K
Chasing the sun

live from Nashville on CBS, i'll be in stands for this one.

MAIN CARD
DAN HENDERSON VS JAKE SHIELDS
GEGARD MOUSASI VS MUHAMMED "KING MO" LAWAL
GILBERT MELENDEZ VS SHINYA AOKI

UNDERCARD
JASON MILLER VS TIM STOUT
CHRIS HAWK VS OVINCE ST. PREAUX
DUSTIN WEST VS ANDY UHRICH
JOSH SHOCKMAN VS CALE YARBROUGH
ZACH UNDERWOOD VS HUNTER WORSHAM
DUSTIN ORTIZ VS JUSTIN PENNINGTON
CODY FLOYD VS THOMAS CAMPBELL

TIME
SATURDAY, APRIL 17, 2010

HOW TO WATCH
LIVE ON CBS - TICKETS

INFO
legend and two-time United States Olympic wrestling competitor Dan Henderson (25-7) will challenge STRIKEFORCE World Middleweight (185 pounds) Champion Jake Shields (24-4-1) in the main event of a highly anticipated STRIKEFORCE fight card at Bridgestone Arena (formerly known as Sommet Center) in Nashville on Saturday, April 17.

In other featured bouts, STRIKEFORCE World Light Heavyweight (205 pounds) Champion Gegard Mousasi (28-2-1) will defend his crown against undefeated MMA star and two-time NCAA All-American wrestling star "King Mo" (6-0) while STRIKEFORCE World Lightweight (155 pounds) Champion Gilbert "El Nino" Melendez (17-2) will put his title on the line against DREAM Champion and top-ranked Japanese superstar Shinya Aoki (23-4).

Old Post Apr-16-2010 21:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pete K Click here to Send Pete K a Private Message Add Pete K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

It should be a good one. I'm most looking forward to Mousasi-Lawal.

Old Post Apr-17-2010 01:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp - 92/93 german techno? [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJunior Sanchez - "Slave Beat" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread