Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Renzo
where am i

Old Post Feb-07-2011 21:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
1. Jon Jones has made a fan out of me. Shogun fight should be ace.
2. GSP versus Silva is so damn interesting. Not 100% sure the smaller GSP can handle the size difference, but nobody is. Either way, I'm excited as all hell, so Shields better not upset.

1. How the fuck were you not a Jon Jones fan before now?!
2. It all depends on GSP's sub defense imo. Anderson is too easy to take down because of his kicks, but it's what happens on the ground that makes the difference...

Also:
quote:

Originally said by Chael Sonnen
Thank you, Anderson, for revealing yet another weakness for me to exploit in our rematch,” Sonnen said, or emailed as it seems. “Beating that poor punching bag doesn't impress Uncle Chael, guy. You tipped your hand like a chump poker player at a $5 table in Atlantic City. You may have beaten Vitor, but in the process, you LOST your edge. By beating that husk, you gave me the last page of your playbook. Revel in your time, (because) it ENDS the night you face me. I will mow you down like autumn wheat, AGAIN.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 03:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mto
Hip-Hop

The Silva knockout was impressive. Everyone in the room went nuts after that happened.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 08:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mto Click here to Send mto a Private Message Add mto to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renzo
where am i

quote:
Originally posted by iammesol

Yeah, I guess I was sleeping on Jones.

Sonnen

Old Post Feb-08-2011 17:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

if silva fights gsp don't expect him to try and kick at all. the most you will see is knees in the clench...george is too good of a wrestler to start throwing wild kicks...silva will end up on his back if he does this.

The catch weight fight would be interesting...i can see st pierre just working the jab until he sees an opening to take him down...the problem with this fight is that it will most likely be boring. When Silva fights primo opposition he does not take chances and is the most boring fighter in the UFC. They are both "counter move" fighters...so unless one goes on the offensive, i can see 5 rounds of a lot of nothing happening.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 17:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zombie0729
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay

The catch weight fight would be interesting...i can see st pierre just working the jab until he sees an opening to take him down...the problem with this fight is that it will most likely be boring. When Silva fights primo opposition he does not take chances and is the most boring fighter in the UFC. They are both "counter move" fighters...so unless one goes on the offensive, i can see 5 rounds of a lot of nothing happening.

totally agree, while GSP is so impressive in technique i don't think the fight would live up to the hype, just a lot of blah.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 23:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zombie0729 Add Zombie0729 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaw
RIP

Silva only has a 1" reach advantage on GSP. Wouldn't have gussed that.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Feb-09-2011 00:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaw
RIP

Question for you folks (especially Boomer, if you're lurking):

Ignoring price, where are the best seats for seeing these live? I may have my pick for an upcoming one, but I have never actually been to a fight...or any center-stage arena event, for that matter. Is it ringside? How many rows back? Lower bowl? Front of the upper? Suites? Club level? Any particular direction? Help!

Old Post Feb-09-2011 04:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

quote:
Originally posted by shaw

Ignoring price, where are the best seats for seeing these live? I may have my pick for an upcoming one, but I have never actually been to a fight...or any center-stage arena event, for that matter. Is it ringside? How many rows back? Lower bowl? Front of the upper? Suites? Club level? Any particular direction? Help!

best seat is in your house....if you are at the event you are going to be watching the big screens anyhow.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Feb-09-2011 13:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by shaw

The $300 lower bowl ones are not bad, and anything more expensive is obviously kick ass. Always try for the sides of the arena, but it is amazing how well you can see the ring and the fighters even far back. It is a completely different experience than watching at home. its odd not having an announcer, and everything happens to quick with no camera change

But nothing was greater than when Rampage knocked out Chuck. You can jump around at home and scream, but when you are jumping and screaming next to 10,000 people...madness! I am sure the same was felt at Mandalay when Silva landed that kick.

Old Post Feb-09-2011 15:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaw
RIP

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
The $300 lower bowl ones are not bad, and anything more expensive is obviously kick ass. Always try for the sides of the arena, but it is amazing how well you can see the ring and the fighters even far back. It is a completely different experience than watching at home. its odd not having an announcer, and everything happens to quick with no camera change

But nothing was greater than when Rampage knocked out Chuck. You can jump around at home and scream, but when you are jumping and screaming next to 10,000 people...madness! I am sure the same was felt at Mandalay when Silva landed that kick.

I guess the real question is if ringside is any better than the closest lower bowl ones. For instance, my favorite seats at baseball games are behind home plate, in the front of club level--not at field level, because the former gives you a view of everything, at a better angle. If you're ringside, are you stuck with a bad angle, or is it just the closer the better?

Any way to predict where the cameras will be, and get unobstructed views, or is it pretty much dumb luck? (128, @ prudential center)

Old Post Feb-10-2011 00:50 
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187

when st pierre stopped sera the place got so loud that it messed my hearing up for a couple of days.

lower bowl is good...unless you are in the first 5 rows, ringside is not worth the price. second level ticks are ok in a pinch...you can't see that great, but ufc events have more big screens placed everywhere around the arena than any other show i can think of right now.

ufc live can be hit and miss...it really depends on the crowd as they tend to make a good show great. for the money vs value i think being at home is the best...but you should go once for sure.

ps there are not that many camera men...the ufc uses "floating" cameras on a boom for the majority of their shots.

Old Post Feb-10-2011 01:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCool track with a voice at the end of this clip ...sample attached [2002] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAirbase - Tangerine [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread