Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2006.09.10. VIRGIN MOBILE FESTIVAL @ Toronto Island Park (Sept. 9-10)
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
English Rachel
I Am Canadian

Indeed, I have been too devastated to post which is why I told Nic.

I am not sure how I feel about this at all - this was THE band for me.

Oh well, we will still have a great time.

Old Post Sep-07-2006 21:14  England
Click Here to See the Profile for English Rachel Click here to Send English Rachel a Private Message Add English Rachel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nadezhda
Sophisticated Lady

yeah, that is totally lame. BSS as replacements for massive attack?! whatfuckingever. i read that you can refund tix at the point of purchase by sunday noon at the latest if you bought them for MA. i'm gonna try and get the roommate to do that, cos even though i didn't pay, i don't really even want to go right now.

Old Post Sep-08-2006 02:18  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for nadezhda Click here to Send nadezhda a Private Message Add nadezhda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

quote:

Headline band pulls out of V Fest
Sep. 7, 2006. 02:39 PM
CURTIS RUSH
STAFF REPORTER

Visa problems have forced Massive Attack, the U.K. band billed as the pioneering force behind the rise of trip-hop music, to pull out of this weekend’s first-ever Virgin Music Festival at the Toronto Islands.

The band couldn’t get visa documents for North America in time for Sunday’s show.

"In spite of timely and coordinated efforts, the essential U.S. immigration visas were not issued in time for the beginning of the Massive Attack North American Tour,” the band’s management said Thursday.

The snag has forced the band to cancel the first four dates on the North American tour, including Toronto, Montreal, Detroit and Chicago. The cancelled stops will be rescheduled at a later date.

People who purchased tickets to the weekend event with the expectation of seeing Massive Attack can get a full refund at the point of purchase until noon on Sunday, organizers said.

Broken Social Scene will fill the Sunday time slot of 9:45 p.m., said Rebecca Teal, a spokeswoman for V Fest promoters Emerge Entertainment.

"This was out of our control," she said. "Obviously, it was a blow, but replacing Massive Attack with Broken Social Scene is pretty huge," Teal said. "They’re a fantastic band."

The addition of Broken Social Scene is coup for the local outfit, which will probably play in front of the biggest crowd of its career.

The Virgin Music Festival, Richard Branson’s U.K. festival franchise, is on Saturday and Sunday and features more than 35 bands, including Muse, the Raconteurs, Sam Roberts Band, the Flaming Lips, Wolfmother, the Dears and more, on two main stages. Toronto is the first city outside the U.K. to host V Fest.

Although Massive Attack had the headlining slot by going on last on Sunday, they weren’t billed as the headlining act and there are plenty of performers on the bill to satiate all musical tastes, she said.

"The Strokes are arguably equally if not larger than Massive Attack, as are the Raconteurs," Teal said. "I mean Sunday is a huge day in itself. I think the Broken Social Scene crowd is pretty close to the Massive Attack crowd. That kind of helps."

Broken Social Scene headlined a two-day festival on Olympic Island this past June, which drew 10,000 in advance ticket sales.

For V Fest, capacity on the Toronto islands will be limited to about 25,000 people a day. Ticket sales are "going about as predicted," Teal said, and they are expecting 20,000 people a day.

The Toronto International Film Festival is kicking off at the same time as the concert and should help draw more people and star power to the event, she said.

"I think it only helps us," Teal said. "A lot of the celebrities are coming to Virgin Festival," she added.

The weather should smile favourably on the V Fest this weekend, as sunny skies and temperatures expected to hit a high of 25C on Saturday and 17C on Sunday.

Tickets, available at Ticketmaster and are $57.50 for a one-day pass and $104.50 for a weekend pass. Included in the price is the $7 ferry trip.

Concertgoers can visit the Star's special V Fest section for set times and the full lineup.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...72154&t=TS_Home

quote:

Virgin Festival line-up change
Toronto, Ontario September 7, 2006

Virgin Mobile Canada and Emerge Entertainment, producers of Virgin Festival announced today that there will be a change to the Virgin Festival artist line-up on Sunday, September 10. Broken Social Scene will replace Massive Attack as the closing act on the Virgin Mobile Stage.

According to Massive Attack’s management, "In spite of timely and coordinated efforts, the essential U.S. immigration visas were not issued in time for the beginning of the Massive Attack North American Tour. Subsequently, the band has been forced to cancel the first four shows (Toronto, 9/10, Montreal, 9/11, Detroit 9/12, Chicago, 9/13). Currently, the rest of the tour remains intact. The band hopes to reschedule the cancelled shows as soon as possible."

"We apologize to everyone who bought tickets expecting to see Massive Attack perform, but we know that the new line-up continues to deliver an outstanding two-day experience for the Toronto Virgin Festival. With the addition of Broken Social Scene, we’re continuing to deliver outstanding talent at incredible value," said Jacob Smid, Emerge Entertainment.

Broken Social Scene kicked off the summer's festival season and are honoured to close the season as the final act to perform at the Virgin Festival this Sunday.

Virgin Festival ticket holders will be entitled to “front of the line” status at Massive Attack’s next Toronto show which will be announced soon. If festival goers purchased tickets to specifically see Massive Attack, they can get a refund for their purchases at the point of purchase prior 12:00 pm on September 10. For tickets purchased online at futureshop.ca, customers must return those tickets to a Future Shop store location before 12:00 p.m on Sunday.

http://www.vfest.ca/en/press/press_...eptember06.html

Old Post Sep-08-2006 05:09  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by nadezhda
yeah, that is totally lame. BSS as replacements for massive attack?! whatfuckingever. i read that you can refund tix at the point of purchase by sunday noon at the latest if you bought them for MA. i'm gonna try and get the roommate to do that, cos even though i didn't pay, i don't really even want to go right now.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

gimme the ticket

i wanna see zero7!!!!

(fuck massive attack would be insane but ZERO FUCKIN 7)

ill pay u on the tuesday for the ticket...

welll not u...but ur roomie

(discount would be great...lol)

PS. were u the one with the wine with ur name on it at the block party?

PPS consider it a bday joy for me...sept 14th here..

Old Post Sep-08-2006 05:13  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

i'm still mulling reaching Saturday to catch Kid Koala and Amon Tobin ..

still sad to hear about Massive Attack.. caught them 2 years ago at Sonar and they rocked it! i say free concert at Yonge & Dundas Square.. what say you ?

Old Post Sep-08-2006 05:14  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL

still sad to hear about Massive Attack.. caught them 2 years ago at Sonar and they rocked it! i say free concert at Yonge & Dundas Square.. what say you ?

i say if beyonce is apparently doin it, so can they

Old Post Sep-08-2006 05:16  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MarkT
Automatic Static

quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL

ditto...they are the two who I want to hear as well...I've always manage to miss Tobin whenever he's been here.

Old Post Sep-08-2006 05:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MarkT Click here to Send MarkT a Private Message Add MarkT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
English Rachel
I Am Canadian

Zero 7 will be ace as will Gnarls and Amon and LITTLE LOUIS VEGA

Razorlight

Muse

Still be ace!!!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/We...6.htm?ref=wxeye

Shitty weather though

El Kay Dee, if you're going, call us! (will PM you number if you want, let me know!)

Old Post Sep-08-2006 13:59  England
Click Here to See the Profile for English Rachel Click here to Send English Rachel a Private Message Add English Rachel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nadezhda
Sophisticated Lady

quote:
Originally posted by El Kay Dee
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

gimme the ticket

i wanna see zero7!!!!

(fuck massive attack would be insane but ZERO FUCKIN 7)

ill pay u on the tuesday for the ticket...

welll not u...but ur roomie

(discount would be great...lol)

PS. were u the one with the wine with ur name on it at the block party?

PPS consider it a bday joy for me...sept 14th here..

heh, yes that was me with the wine.

sorry, my roommate still wants to go. so we're going. i still want to see the strokes, so it won't be that bad. would like to check out zero 7 as well if i'm gonna be there.

Old Post Sep-08-2006 14:41  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for nadezhda Click here to Send nadezhda a Private Message Add nadezhda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

im hoping to score tix on edge...

Old Post Sep-08-2006 14:52  United Arab Emirates
activate
I <3 Boobies

I was going to give away 3 pairs of tix to people on my mailing list.. ended up giving out 7 pairs!

have fun to those that won!

Old Post Sep-08-2006 20:20  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for activate Click here to Send activate a Private Message Add activate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by activate
I was going to give away 3 pairs of tix to people on my mailing list.. ended up giving out 7 pairs!

have fun to those that won!

i didnt win.....

thats it...ur gonna be marked as spam

Old Post Sep-08-2006 20:24  United Arab Emirates

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2006.09.10. VIRGIN MOBILE FESTIVAL @ Toronto Island Park (Sept. 9-10)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSpun by Deep Dish 2006 [#5] [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSundance - "The Living Dream" (Transa Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread