Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by neogaia
I have heard many New Yorkers complain about how hard NYC is on clubs. I imagine there *is* something to this but at least last call is at 4AM. It isn't in most other major US cities.

But if New York is not a club city. Then what the hell city in the US is?

I don't think there are ANY club cities in the US if New York doesn't qualify as one. I think the US powers that be hates nightlife overall.

What's new?

Ppl that came to NY as young party ppl have grown and are now raising families in the city, a lot of these older ppl attend community board meetings to bitch about the noise brought to the neighbourhood by the young ppl. Now the city that never sleeps has been sleeping for a while, not that difficult to understand. I don't really see it as a club city anymore either TBH. If you want a club city, GTFO of the US, you're not going to find it here.

I personally think this is retarded, nightlife brings a lot of revenue to this city, although probably not as much as other industries that's why NYC could do without the unnecessary drama attached to it (and spending that comes from the said drama, like street cleanup and police presence). It's sad, but that's just the way it is.

Old Post Nov-19-2010 20:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
If you want a club city, GTFO of the US, you're not going to find it here.

I have! 1 year in Tokyo baby, it was phenomenal. Its just beyond fucked up that I have to become an immigrant in a completely new country just to be able to party until my legs get tired!

It's amazing how much Protestant Work Ethic/Puritan Values/Prohibition anachronistic regulations are still in effect in the US in 2010.

I never realized how almost NO right to party we have in this country until I went to other countries and you are free to drink anywhere you'd like in public, at the beach, on the train, at a park.

Old Post Nov-19-2010 21:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by neogaia
I have heard many New Yorkers complain about how hard NYC is on clubs. I imagine there *is* something to this but at least last call is at 4AM. It isn't in most other major US cities.

But if New York is not a club city. Then what the hell city in the US is?

I don't think there are ANY club cities in the US if New York doesn't qualify as one. I think the US powers that be hates nightlife overall.

oh the American gov't absolutely dislikes nightlife...there aren't any real cities where nightlife can thrive without dealing with outdated laws and regulations. That goes back to Reagan and his lovely "war on drugs" nonsense that allowed laws to be passed prohibiting large gatherings where people listened to "repetitive beats"
somehow edm and nightlife got thrown into the same category of threat as drugs...it's old and quite idiotic thinking.

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Nov-19-2010 21:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freak
Insert witty comment here

quote:
Originally posted by AMMORA
oh the American gov't absolutely dislikes nightlife...there aren't any real cities where nightlife can thrive without dealing with outdated laws and regulations. That goes back to Reagan and his lovely "war on drugs" nonsense that allowed laws to be passed prohibiting large gatherings where people listened to "repetitive beats"
somehow edm and nightlife got thrown into the same category of threat as drugs...it's old and quite idiotic thinking.

Same thing happened in the 90s in the Uk with the criminal justice bill (google it) which outlawed gatherings based around repetitive beats - but that was always aimed at the unlicensed rave culture...totally different to the way it is implemented in the US in such a draconian fashion.
I honestly dont get why the US hits venues with it so damn hard...

Old Post Nov-20-2010 01:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jaybe
Junior tranceaddict

Only real question is.... 62 page hype thread.... how long will the review thread be tonight/tomorrow when D36 finally opens?

Old Post Nov-20-2010 16:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jaybe Click here to Send jaybe a Private Message Add jaybe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by jaybe
Only real question is.... 62 page hype thread.... how long will the review thread be tonight/tomorrow when D36 finally opens?

i don't think the people who just wanna see the new club are gonna come out tonight for Lee and Danny--this is gonna be a fan-based crew, the usual Lee n Danny family.
regardless, i'll put in my review for sure...primary reason i'm going is b/c i love my friends and seeing us all in one place for a special night makes my heart melt lol.
the fact the 2 best DJ's possible get to open up this place is just icing on the cake. better believe Lee is trying to devise ways to challenge the sound system they're boasting...

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Nov-20-2010 16:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

decided to go to hawtin instead of lee&danny tonight.
i'll check out d36 soon tho and give what i'm sure will be a stellar review, look forward to hearing what everybody else has to say tonight.

so who all is going to the hawtin party then?????? lot's of you, i'm assuming. hahaha! i'm gonna try to get there as soon as doors open i think- and i'll see if i can spot anybody before i get blasted lol

Old Post Nov-20-2010 21:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
decided to go to hawtin instead of lee&danny tonight.
i'll check out d36 soon tho and give what i'm sure will be a stellar review, look forward to hearing what everybody else has to say tonight.

so who all is going to the hawtin party then?????? lot's of you, i'm assuming. hahaha! i'm gonna try to get there as soon as doors open i think- and i'll see if i can spot anybody before i get blasted lol

did they move Hawtin to tonight instead of tomorrow night or are you messed up on days lol?

Old Post Nov-20-2010 21:53  United States
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

hahahaha i should have prefaced that by saying:
"my broke ass had to choose which party to go to"

they moved hawtin to highline ballroom now tho. i was kinda excited to check out good units- i've been to highline before but i feel like it was for some indie shows or something.

Old Post Nov-20-2010 22:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PVD_S11DJ
ElectronicDanceMusicAdict

d36 capacity is only 900? wow i thought it was bigger than that

Old Post Nov-21-2010 00:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PVD_S11DJ Click here to Send PVD_S11DJ a Private Message Add PVD_S11DJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by PVD_S11DJ
d36 capacity is only 900? wow i thought it was bigger than that

I've seen numbers from 900-1200. I'm guessing 900 posted, sardine style is 1200. 900 is perfect though. Big clubs are fail.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 00:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr Flow
tranceaddict

a review...

man was that a craptacular shitshow
I'm considering renting a calliope and parking it in front of D36 ... it's a perfect accompaniment to the should-be-illegal child circus they run at the door

ahhh kr**** you were a ticketholder and were turned away?
shit ... man am I glad we were just on flawless's guestlist and were denied our comps because the ghastly girl working the list (is this really a job you get flustered over?) only wanted to deal with us if we wanted to buy bottles (really? how 2006! wasn't this supposedly a music-oriented venue?) ... because if I had payed any money at all for the privilege of being pushed around and screamed at by a probably-convict and mostly-empty-headed staff I would be pretty pissed indeed.

So they couldn't open a while ago because WHOOPS forgot to get that darn certificate of occupancy ...
seems like they concentrated on the sound system and then just WHOOPS forgot all the other details ...

Old Post Nov-21-2010 11:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr Flow Click here to Send Dr Flow a Private Message Add Dr Flow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSong from Amnesia Ibiza-DVD 2 [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDisable Audio - Roxta (Original) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread