Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The art of remixing
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

The art of remixing

Kidding.

How the hell does this work? If you listen carefully enough you may actually spot the effect that - how should we put it - turns this track upside down.
Imagine you're an A&R and you haven't a clue about pre-2017 tunes in your genre - is that how it goes?

Out on some part of Armada https://www.beatport.com/release/gr...n-remix/2431332

Old Post Nov-29-2018 20:19  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

the good thing is that this way these guys can't damage the track that much, which is always good. Always reminds me of when everyone (mainly guy j) were remixing classics non stop and the result was almost always utterly awful stuff

Old Post Nov-29-2018 21:02  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Quite right.

I just hope he used a good quality file when he pitched it down.

Old Post Nov-29-2018 21:06  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Quickest way to make an extended version from a radio one

Sounds a lot better than I expected when I started listening though.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Nov-29-2018 21:28  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Kilixpree
the good thing is that this way these guys can't damage the track that much, which is always good. Always reminds me of when everyone (mainly guy j) were remixing classics non stop and the result was almost always utterly awful stuff

Or the glorious days of Sean "Needs A Harder Kick" Tyas remixes.

(~)

Old Post Nov-30-2018 00:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

This is #1 in the Beatport "trance" chart.

Old Post Nov-30-2018 15:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I was quite looking forward to this when a friend told me Moscoman had remixed Greece 2000, as he makes some good tunes. Imagine my disappointment.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-30-2018 15:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

I mean, aren't there some records that just don't lend themselves to being remixed in any way that justifies one? Something like Greece 2000, or Cafe del Mar- records that are just all hook- don't seem like they allow for many twists or turns.

I personally love it when a remix sounds worlds apart from the original while still maintaining some identifiable relationship between the two. Rob Garza'a remix of Tycho's 'Ascension' comes to mind whenever I dwell on the subject:

Old Post Dec-02-2018 00:35  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aufenglishbitte
tranceaddict in training

Old Post Dec-02-2018 10:10  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for aufenglishbitte Click here to Send aufenglishbitte a Private Message Add aufenglishbitte to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
I mean, aren't there some records that just don't lend themselves to being remixed in any way that justifies one? Something like Greece 2000, or Cafe del Mar- records that are just all hook- don't seem like they allow for many twists or turns.

I totally disagree with this, for two reasons. Firstly, a record that is famous just for its distinctive hook is surely far more open to remixing, because you can transpose that hook into many different styles and contexts. It also implies that the rest of the track isn't very memorable, and therefore more disposable. And secondly, I don't agree that Greece 2000 is "all hook" anyway. My favourite thing about Greece 2000 is the rumbling bassline and percs, which together are far groovier than the majority of your breakdown-melody trance classics, and indeed most of the remixes that have come out down the years.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-02-2018 10:39  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Hey guys I'm working on a remix of Greece 2000 it's really coming along nicely. Here's a preview!!!

Old Post Dec-02-2018 14:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Hey guys I'm working on a remix of Greece 2000 it's really coming along nicely. Here's a preview!!!

Dope! Bet it'll sound sublime when the horse tranqz kick in!

(~)

Old Post Dec-02-2018 16:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The art of remixing
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackName That Tune! [2010] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Dean - Ballanation [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread