Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lunar Phase 7
Not a Flying Toy.

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
a lot of DJs, incl some really famous ones, must have shitty sense of hearing

Clearly since they ALL used the v700's which get slated to fuck on here, or worse those shite ass Pioneers.

I aint disputing that the 7506's are good, but they are far from what everyone makes out.

Wise up peoples.

You know, William Blake said... uh, nothing is lost. Nothing is lost and I... I really believe that, we only move on...

Old Post Jan-28-2009 19:12  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Lunar Phase 7 Click here to Send Lunar Phase 7 a Private Message Add Lunar Phase 7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
epdarks
mnb4fl

There are 2 ends of sound reproduction... detail on one end and musicality on the other end. The Sonys are obviously on the detail end of the spectrum. Accuracy over all else. If you're looking for a headphone for casual listening they are not that great. If you want to hear exactly how your mix sounds then IMO, for the money, there isn't a better buy out there.

Old Post Jan-28-2009 22:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for epdarks Click here to Send epdarks a Private Message Visit epdarks's homepage! Add epdarks to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tony Morello
The Renegade Master

quote:
Originally posted by epdarks
There are 2 ends of sound reproduction... detail on one end and musicality on the other end. The Sonys are obviously on the detail end of the spectrum. Accuracy over all else. If you're looking for a headphone for casual listening they are not that great. If you want to hear exactly how your mix sounds then IMO, for the money, there isn't a better buy out there.

+1

they're made for studio use, they're accurate, kinda like reference monitors (not studio monitors) for your ears

they're flatter than most cans so you can hear what really is going on

Twitter
The Drunken Monkey Podcast
The Mixdown Podcast presented by Tony Morello

Old Post Jan-29-2009 02:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Morello Click here to Send Tony Morello a Private Message Visit Tony Morello's homepage! Add Tony Morello to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Waterproofpaper
LOL TRANCE!

The 7506 and v6 are more flat/bright compared to other headphones. Some people just dont like the sound of it. My friend swears by the technics, but hates the sony. He says he likes full sound, but the technics i feel are a little tinny and muddy. His cans were kinda messed up in terms of the headband, but i dont think the sound was affected.

The midrange on the 7506 are great, but the highs are a little high.

Old Post Jan-29-2009 03:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Waterproofpaper Click here to Send Waterproofpaper a Private Message Visit Waterproofpaper's homepage! Add Waterproofpaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lunar Phase 7
Not a Flying Toy.

quote:
Originally posted by Tony Morello
+1

they're made for studio use, they're accurate, kinda like reference monitors (not studio monitors) for your ears

they're flatter than most cans so you can hear what really is going on

Honestly, I don't think they are accurate, at all.

As mentioned they are very bright, and I feel they are muddy on the low end.

My opinion of course. As stated a lot swear by them. Listening to Jaytech's album on them now, I think they fatigue your ears quickly.

I've really tried to love theses cans, but can't.

You know, William Blake said... uh, nothing is lost. Nothing is lost and I... I really believe that, we only move on...

Old Post Jan-29-2009 15:38  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Lunar Phase 7 Click here to Send Lunar Phase 7 a Private Message Add Lunar Phase 7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Waterproofpaper
LOL TRANCE!

I dont think they are muddy, just lacking in bass. I think the reason why everyone likes them so much is that they usually beatmatch with the mid and high range. I guess thats why i like them so much.

Old Post Jan-29-2009 16:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Waterproofpaper Click here to Send Waterproofpaper a Private Message Visit Waterproofpaper's homepage! Add Waterproofpaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tony Morello
The Renegade Master

they've been standard in the recording and radio industries for over 20 years now

so obviously they're doing something right

different strokes for different folks

Twitter
The Drunken Monkey Podcast
The Mixdown Podcast presented by Tony Morello

Old Post Jan-29-2009 23:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Morello Click here to Send Tony Morello a Private Message Visit Tony Morello's homepage! Add Tony Morello to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
boris_the_bear
Supreme tranceaddict

give em a little time. like 1-2 weeks of everyday listening. its then you'll hear their full potential, INCLUDING bass response which is amazing! believe me, when I swapped my Technics RP-DJ1210 with the MDR7506 I was like "wtf someone pulled the cottonballs out of my ear??!? i can hear!!!!"

Old Post Jan-31-2009 07:54  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for boris_the_bear Click here to Send boris_the_bear a Private Message Add boris_the_bear to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stan229
Supreme tranceaddict

yup once they burn in they sound even better

Old Post Jan-31-2009 17:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for stan229 Click here to Send stan229 a Private Message Add stan229 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

shit people their not thhaaaaaat good. yes their ok and much more solid that anything else, pluss very softsound who save your ears (v700:whip. but the sound isnt very clear, rich or detailed. and the bass is way to deep/smooth warm. upper bass/down mid area pluss very high treble is almost not present. which is also why ur ears can go alot longer on these tho.

Old Post Jan-31-2009 18:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jarvmeister
Building a fire......

These cans are so comfy that I wear them when I'm not even listening to anything......

Old Post Jan-31-2009 20:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Jarvmeister Click here to Send Jarvmeister a Private Message Add Jarvmeister to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Lord
Bittersweet Symphony

i have the mdr-v6 and i'm completely happy with them, i actually want to get the allen and heath headphones.

Old Post Feb-01-2009 15:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Lord Click here to Send DJ_Lord a Private Message Add DJ_Lord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback**** hot trancer [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAshland - "Clear" (Charlie May Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread