Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > What are some of the next parties everyone is checking out?
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by neogaia
Dude I just realized today that Solomun had more than one Tomorrowland set this year! Listening to the daytime main stage one and it is indeed wicked! I enjoyed his night time one too but this is whole other vibe.

Daytime set I'm listening to right now: https://youtu.be/BIDDOcCfyS8

He's playing in LA on 11/24/2018

Tickets were like $50 though

Old Post Aug-15-2018 13:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Shit... I'm still bumming smokes from people. I'm a cheap fuck! I need to quit. Maybe on New Years

Old Post Aug-15-2018 17:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

I paid $50 to see Armin @ Exchange once and I paid $150 for 1 day ticket at Time Warp NYC in 2014, I think I'd feel way better about paying $50 to see Solomun than I did at either of those things. The Armin thing ended up being worth it bc Markus Schulz just popped in all unannounced & it was Armin vs. Markus.

I'm not sure 6 hours of any festival is worth $150 but I did end up discovering Sonja Moonear at 2AM at Time Warp and she got me dancing til end when I was ready to quit. I had a really fun time & am glad I went but that's a lot of money. Only reason I did it is well I happened to be in NYC at time which I've only gotten to do a few times in my life and it was a straight up Techno festival.

Fuck I even paid $100 for same day ticket of Nocturnal Wonderland in 2011 bc friends dragged me and I instantly regretted it. Some asshole even knocked over my nearly full $12 beer that I was drinking to try to forget how much I had paid to get in. At Nocturnal my 3 friends & I all agreed that it would've been more fun to split a table at Avalon instead for same price.

You know what I've never regretted paying through the nose for though? Above & Beyond. Can't go wrong seeing A&B IMO.

quote:
He's playing in LA on 11/24/2018

Tickets were like $50 though

Old Post Aug-17-2018 05:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I paid $50 to see Armin @ Exchange once and I paid $150 for 1 day ticket at Time Warp NYC in 2014, I think I'd feel way better about paying $50 to see Solomun than I did at either of those things. The Armin thing ended up being worth it bc Markus Schulz just popped in all unannounced & it was Armin vs. Markus.

I'm not sure 6 hours of any festival is worth $150 but I did end up discovering Sonja Moonear at 2AM at Time Warp and she got me dancing til end when I was ready to quit. I had a really fun time & am glad I went but that's a lot of money. Only reason I did it is well I happened to be in NYC at time which I've only gotten to do a few times in my life and it was a straight up Techno festival.

Fuck I even paid $100 for same day ticket of Nocturnal Wonderland in 2011 bc friends dragged me and I instantly regretted it. Some asshole even knocked over my nearly full $12 beer that I was drinking to try to forget how much I had paid to get in. At Nocturnal my 3 friends & I all agreed that it would've been more fun to split a table at Avalon instead for same price.

You know what I've never regretted paying through the nose for though? Above & Beyond. Can't go wrong seeing A&B IMO.

there are definitely parties i've regretted paying for which is why I'm super picky these days. I have to get my moneys worth. The last CRSSD Fest was nearly a waste of money but Sasha on Sunday saved the weekend!!!

Old Post Aug-17-2018 14:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Shit... I'm still bumming smokes from people. I'm a cheap fuck! I need to quit. Maybe on New Years

LOL!!!

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Aug-17-2018 15:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Dude I just realized today that Solomun had more than one Tomorrowland set this year! Listening to the daytime main stage one and it is indeed wicked! I enjoyed his night time one too but this is whole other vibe.

Daytime set I'm listening to right now: https://youtu.be/BIDDOcCfyS8

Listening to this now...and really digging that vibe from him. This is making me consider my plans for that weekend and get tix.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Aug-17-2018 15:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

I went to see Coyu @ Treehouse Rooftop last night and shit was popping off already even right before 11PM. Opener went a little too hard maybe than an opener should but it was fun. I had a lot of fun. Haven't enjoyed the music so much in like 2 years. I waited like an hour to get a drink and only had that one drink is how much I was enjoying myself.

Only thing that had me going WTF was when opener played Digweed's Heaven Scent track and most of the club didn't recognize it. Most of the crowd was my age or older so I was like my god how could this be.

Also I heard on KCRW that Do-Over is having a party at Grand Park tomorrow (Sunday) with Moodymann so I'll prob be there.

Wanted to go see Jimmy Edgar tonight but ehhhh I spent a bunch of money last night. Next time.

P.S. I started going to gym regularly a few weeks ago with my main goal of being able to party harder & not poop out early and it's working!

Old Post Aug-18-2018 22:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Booka Shade is coming back to SF, nov 1st @ Mezzanine

Old Post Aug-20-2018 20:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

I went to All My Friends on Sunday, Gary Destructo's new party in downtown LA. I had 2 2day passes given to me and I didn't want it to go to waste.

Armand Van Helden rocked it with just classic house, the dude is a legend and killed it with mostly his tracks. Justin Martin was good chunky dirty bird house, Chris Lake is a master and always on point. But who surprised me was Jamie xx. I thought it was going to be a live set, but it was a DJ set. He played vinyl, cdj and also a beat maker. It was a SOLID techno set, I was blown away. His dj set is nothing like his style of music.

Missed out on the after party at Sound tho, it was Chris Lake b2b Justin Martin b2b Destructo. The person I went with was tired at 12am when it ended so we drove back home to SD.

Old Post Aug-21-2018 16:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
Booka Shade is coming back to SF, nov 1st @ Mezzanine

How is the Mez these days? Someone once told me they're trying to focus on "concerts" as opposed to being a club.

Old Post Aug-21-2018 16:59  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
his style of music.

Missed out on the after party at Sound tho, it was Chris Lake b2b Justin Martin b2b Destructo. The person I went with was tired at 12am when it ended so we drove back home to SD.

Damn!! I would not have been able to do that driver after partying all day/night.

Old Post Aug-21-2018 17:00  United States
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

quote:
How is the Mez these days? Someone once told me they're trying to focus on "concerts" as opposed to being a club.

it's hit or miss, they bring in a wide selection of music so the crowd varies depending on the artist, the night, and the promoters. i've been when it's a techbro sausage fest/sardine fest (dirtybird), but i've also been when there was plenty of room and a more.. um.. diverse crowd (hayden james, which was the last time we went, dec 1 2017).

i used to frequent mezzanine, but i havent been much into what they've been bringing in the last year or so.

my wife hates the mezzanine because of the structural pillars that block the view from large swaths of the main floor

to your comment about 'concers', yes, they focus on live shows, and have been doing that for as long as i can remember. it's rare they have 'just a dj' kind of shows.

Old Post Aug-21-2018 20:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > What are some of the next parties everyone is checking out?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID This Song Please.. [2002] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRavelab - Send Me An Angel [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread