Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 262: we late
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
Call me old school, but every time someone says "my partner", I get images
of the 2 dudes in The Birdcage.

Lol.

Old Post May-03-2020 17:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Yea, I use partner for the same reason.

If it wasn't for corona, she'd be wifey already. What's your holdup?

We bought a house six months after I proposed and it has been devouring our finances ever since.

To be honest, I'm not really keen on having a wedding day at all. I hate everything about them, and also my mother is extremely ill and probably wouldn't be able to attend, which takes off whatever gloss remained with the concept. My vote was for us to just get married privately with a couple of witnesses and then go travelling somewhere, which has obviously been deep sixed by all this bullshit.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-03-2020 17:13  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Technically she's my "fiancée" but I feel like a complete wanker writing that, especially as it's been the case for almost two years now. "Girlfriend" obviously doesn't cut the mustard either.

I walked into the city centre this afternoon for the first time since lockdown began. Ghost town. Walking past all the shut pubs and bars hit me right in the gut. Fuck, I want to go for a pint with my mates.

I got to thinking the government should start deliberately infecting low risk people in batches to build up herd immunity. You lot: take two weeks off work. Make sure you've got everything you need - we'll deliver if necessary. Report in if things get bad. Anyone got any better suggestions?

You seem like the bougie type that could get away with "my beau" while only looking like a bit of a plonker.

PS. No wedding is the best. Unless it's the broad dropping all the loot for her girlhood fantasy, that money is going towards a house. Nigga fuck your dreams. Mazeltov.

Old Post May-03-2020 17:41  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I love weddings when done properly. They're the ultimate party with everyone you want and nobody you don't. The problem is many people host shitty parties. Sort of like when people think they have awesome taste in decorating/design, but paint their rooms shit colours like orange-brown and forest green.

You don't have to drop a ton on a wedding, you just have to spend that money on/put effort into the right things, like excellent food, free booze/open bar, and top class music.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on May-03-2020 at 18:12

Old Post May-03-2020 18:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Money better spent elsewhere imo.

You're a broad, Pie. Of course you need that. I don't care what you say, I bet your hubby told you he was excited and loved it, but deep inside disdain wells inside at money squandered. I hope you bought him a diamond engagement ring too. Get your outdated, patriarchal traditions out of here, bro.

I got out of the traditional Chinese wedding by saying that wearing trad Chinese costumes would be cultural appropriation and a microaggression against the people of the Middle Kingdom.

Last edited by Dykes_on_Jay on May-03-2020 at 18:29

Old Post May-03-2020 18:21  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Three times a week I’m being pressured to propose. Agreed to like 40-50 person wedding max. I think she’s trying to get me to get her pregnant

Old Post May-03-2020 18:32  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
We bought a house six months after I proposed and it has been devouring our finances ever since.

To be honest, I'm not really keen on having a wedding day at all. I hate everything about them, and also my mother is extremely ill and probably wouldn't be able to attend, which takes off whatever gloss remained with the concept. My vote was for us to just get married privately with a couple of witnesses and then go travelling somewhere, which has obviously been deep sixed by all this bullshit.

That's what our plan was - just us and our dads. Now it'll include our boy, which is the sweet silver lining of the postponement.

Edit: I just reread my reply and realized how insensitive it sounds. Wasn't my intention.

Last edited by OrangestO on May-03-2020 at 19:13

Old Post May-03-2020 18:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
Money better spent elsewhere imo.

You're a broad, Pie. Of course you need that. I don't care what you say, I bet your hubby told you he was excited and loved it, but deep inside disdain wells inside at money squandered. I hope you bought him a diamond engagement ring too. Get your outdated, patriarchal traditions out of here, bro.

I got out of the traditional Chinese wedding by saying that wearing trad Chinese costumes would be cultural appropriation and a microaggression against the people of the Middle Kingdom.

Actually no. He comes from a large family and thoroughly enjoys weddings.

What it means to squander money is entirely subjective. I agree people should not spend money on what they cannot afford.

The cost of a wedding should not be some financially damaging event. If it is, you're doing a few things wrong.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on May-03-2020 at 19:08

Old Post May-03-2020 19:03 
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

I want to hear it from his mouth LOL

ps: money better spent elsewhere =/= financially damaging

Last edited by Dykes_on_Jay on May-03-2020 at 19:21

Old Post May-03-2020 19:14  China
Silky Johnson

You may find it hard to believe, but for many people the cost of a wedding is non issue. Maybe you can only afford to do A or B, but lots of people can afford A AND B, still save for C, and also have extra money to burn.

Again, prob doing a few things wrong if a wedding is seen merely as a way to squander money. For people who love a fun party with their closest friends and family, it is a non issue.

Old Post May-03-2020 19:26 
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Stop using butthurt weasel words and just spit the cost. Don't be slylee, now.

How much?

Old Post May-03-2020 19:52  China
Silky Johnson

None of your business. The cost is irrelevant, that's the point.

Old Post May-03-2020 19:56 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 262: we late
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown tune #2 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMeck ft. Dino - So Strong (Inpetto remix) [2009]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread