Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2008.02.02. Global Saturdays Presents: JonO'Bir(UK),Dj Ampz,Mr.Morton Live@ Club Rio
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
hardcore trancer
Mystic Mind

2008.02.02. Global Saturdays Presents: JonO'Bir(UK),Dj Ampz,Mr.Morton Live@ Club Rio

Global Saturdays Presents: JonO'Bir@ClubRio

It all started for Jon back in September 2002, when he entered a DJ competition for Passion and M8 magazine along with 300 other hopeful DJ’s. He won. Godskitchen soon noticed his potential. They were looking for a new young DJ to offer a residency to and the prospect of a fledging career as Britain's next DJ sensation.

"It is unbelievable! I’ve loved mixing since I bought my first set of decks two years ago and now I get to do it in clubs all over the country for thousands of people" – Jon O’Bir, Mixmag 2003.

When Fergie heard about all the interest in Jon, he asked him to join him on his Radio 1 show. His half hour set, live all around the world went down a storm and Fergie was astounded by his support via emails and message boards. He could envisage big things for Jon. Fergie has been right behind Jon and included him in his ‘Fergies Fledglings’ feature on his radio 1 website. Jon has also been given the opportunity to flex his mixing muscle with an exclusive mix for Judge Jules’s international radio show and a mix on Pete Tong’s Essential Selection, as well as appearing on Armin van Buurens 100th A State of Trance radio show.

Jon is one of the leading DJ’s at the moment who is carving the new face of the trance genre. One of the key aspects that differentiate Jon from many of the other DJ’s in the trance genre is his effort to incorporate upfront trance productions by unsigned producers.
In terms of his own productions, Jon’s first collaboration with similarly impressive upstart Gareth Emery (GTR) was in the form of ‘Escapade’. This proved a huge success and found favour with the likes of Paul van Dyk and Tiesto. Jon then went back into the studio with Gareth to complete their most successful collaboration to date, ‘Bouncebackability’. Their 3rd single, ‘No Way Back’ received massive support from Armin van Buuren being voted ‘Future Favourite’ and ‘Tune of the Week’ on his huge ‘A State of Trance’ radio show.

2004 was an immense success for Jon, continuing to impress the Gods faithful with the residency at Godskitchen, where he showed his flexible resident skills by warming up for the worlds biggest DJ’s including Sasha, Paul van Dyk, Tiesto and Armin van Buuren, while developing an army of new followers at every club he played. Domestically, he has played at every major club you could care to mention. 2004 was his first opportunity to push his sound internationally. Touching down at destinations in U.S.A, Canada, Hong Kong and throughout Europe. One of Jon’s biggest gig’s to date was New Years Eve 2004 where he saw in the New Year playing in New York to 5,000 people alongside one of his inspirers Paul van Dyk. Then the following day playing alongside Ferry Corsten on his 21st birthday in Chicago.

2005-2006 saw Jon go from strength to strength, It started with him appearing on the world famous Essential Mix in January and then being offered a place on Radio 1’s new show The Residency, joining the likes of Eddie Halliwell and Nic Fancuilli in the world famous Radio 1 studios. This gave him a great lift and extended his name to a new fan base across the globe and also led to him playing at the massive club Space, in Ibiza.

Jon’s love for Trance allowed him to create his own record label ‘Conspiracy Recordings’ alongside up & coming U.K producer Rob Stevenson. The label has been a huge success with virtually every release receiving great support from all the big jocks and tracks being included on Tiesto’s and Armin van Buuren’s mix compilations. 2006 also was the year of Jon’s 1st 2 solo productions ‘Effectual’ and the massive ‘Ascendancy’ which went down a storm in club land.

The future is looking very bright for the Nottingham born DJ. An artist album is due out towards the end of 2007 and his radio show ‘Ways & Means’ is becoming ever more popular with it being signed up to various internet and FM stations

http://www.jonobir.com

>>>>JonO'Bir's Exclusive Mix<<<<

DJ Ampz is the host of Amplified Radio, an internationally syndicated Trance, House, Progressive and Techno radio show which has been on the air weekly since August 2000, currently on over 20 stations worldwide. The show features both upcoming and established artists, as well as interviews, giveaways and much more in the past 345 episodes. From there, he created Paradigm United, a music co-op with the aid of DJ Tygon

Now the manager and owner of Paradigm, Ampz and the company comprise of over 50 dj's, various weekly events at nightclubs and a solid base of supports. His DJing career has seen him playing along side such names as Kenneth Thomas, Elevation, Max Graham, Airwave, The Sound Bluntz, Sydney Blu, Simon Jain, Carlo Lio and Nathan Baratto in venues such as the world famous Guvernment, System Soundbar and Viva Nightclub (Toronto), in festivals such as WEMF & APEX (BC) as well as permanent residencies at the Purple Room inside Revolution Nightclub (Waterloo) *Ongoing*, Rude Native (Waterloo) *Ongoing*, Atmosphere (Guelph) *Ongoing*, Rio Nightclub (Markham)*Ongoing* Vault Lounge and Coliseum.

DJ Ampz is also the owner and manager of 4Play Trax (House), Ice Media (Chill-out) and Amplified Digital (Tech-Trance), three digital music label launching in August 2007 which focus's on new talents and quality productions from around the world.

You may catch DJ Ampz at Amplified Radio or Myspace for more information and locations to upcoming events, or head to download.amplifiedradio.com to grab over 2 dozen sets for direct download

http://www.amplifieddigital.com/

Mr.Morton:

First introduced to EDM in 2000, Mr. Morton has invested an incomprehensible amount of time devoted to a single genre; Trance.

Kris has been rockin’ Whistler, Canada’s nightlife since 2001. Headlining Whistler's biggest parties (Ullr), nightclubs, (Garfinkle’s, Tommy Africa’s and GLC), and afterhours (Full Moon & Club Shred), he's also been hosting, financing & promoting his own trance nights, ‘Exposed’ to keep his musical drive alive. His self-produced parties helped see the rise in popularity of trance music in Whistler, and had locals and tourists alike flocking back to the clubs for multiple doses of his infectious music.

With several successful years under his belt, he made his move to Vancouver, Canada where he appeared on numerous guestmix spots on Vancouver’s local trance radio shows (‘Intro to Trance’ & ‘Life @ 140 bpm’s’) on CJSF Radio. Other radio guestmixes include Ontario’s Amplifiedradio.com which is internationally sindicated in 22 stations world wide. While also being offered a weekly spot on ASL (Altered States Lounge) Radio.

2006 was a blockbuster year for Kris. He toured Australia picking up gigs in some of the most popular clubs in the country such as Arq Nightclub, Home Nightclub, and Gas Nightclub. Picking up his talent, Sydney’s powerhouse promoters Josh and Friends have steadily booked him for their weekly WanteD sessions and was a staple for their A Night of Trance parties. With his rising popularity and high demand, he toured the rest of the country while still having promoters booking him on numerous flights back to Sydney to headline. Mr. Morton (aka The Digital Pimp) quickly became a household name by appearing on the front page of Australia’s Largest Free weekly dance music publication, 3D World which circulates through Australian cities Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Byron Bay, Newcastle and Wollongong.

2007 saw a return back to Canada, but this time to Toronto, ON. Now a Resident DJ for Club Rio's Global Saturdays, and has continously impressed Toronto partygoers with his passion, drive, and dedication to the music he loves. Jumping across many genres of trance, including progressive, epic, uplifting, tech and hard trance. He’s more known for his driving yet uplifting style, peaktime is when you’ll truly see a dancefloor come alive and Mr. Morton on the top of his game. He has more drive and energy than most DJ’s today, both on and off the decks. You’re only as young as you feel.. and the 30 year old shows NO signs of aging and is a spectacle to watch behind the decks! His music is just as energetic and addictive as his personality, and is someone who doesn’t take his success, or continual developing reputation for granted.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6430376493

Join us on Saturday Feb 2nd At club Rio to welcome JonO'Bir coming all the way from the UK along side with Dj Ampz and Mr.Morton for a night to remember.

Guestlist is now open

This is an all ages event
doors open at 11:55pm Untill 7:00AM
cover charge:$30 all night
8261 Woodbine Ave.Unit#8-11 Markham ON 905.944.1000
More info visit www.clubrio.ca

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/DJMysticMind

Last edited by hardcore trancer on Jan-26-2008 at 01:27

Old Post Jan-03-2008 06:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for hardcore trancer Click here to Send hardcore trancer a Private Message Visit hardcore trancer's homepage! Add hardcore trancer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

I don't think Barry is 19

Awesome booking!

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-03-2008 07:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
NuERA
Groove Control

easily my fav trance dj..unless you count fleming, which im not.

Old Post Jan-03-2008 15:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for NuERA Click here to Send NuERA a Private Message Add NuERA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mortyman
Mr. Morton

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for this!!!!

SOUNDCLOUD - http://soundcloud.com/djmrmorton

Old Post Jan-03-2008 16:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mortyman Click here to Send Mortyman a Private Message Add Mortyman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

I see a TOTA invasion of Club Rio for this one

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Jan-03-2008 16:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Ampz
Amp Radio Addict

DJ Ampz is the host of Amplified Radio, an internationally syndicated Trance, House, Progressive and Techno radio show which has been on the air weekly since August 2000, currently on over 20 stations worldwide. The show features both upcoming and established artists, as well as interviews, giveaways and much more in the past 345 episodes. From there, he created Paradigm United, a music co-op with the aid of DJ Tygon

Now the manager and owner of Paradigm, Ampz and the company comprise of over 50 dj's, various weekly events at nightclubs and a solid base of supports. His DJing career has seen him playing along side such names as Kenneth Thomas, Elevation, Max Graham, Airwave, The Sound Bluntz, Sydney Blu, Simon Jain, Carlo Lio and Nathan Baratto in venues such as the world famous Guvernment, System Soundbar and Viva Nightclub (Toronto), in festivals such as WEMF & APEX (BC) as well as permanent residencies at the Purple Room inside Revolution Nightclub (Waterloo) *Ongoing*, Rude Native (Waterloo) *Ongoing*, Atmosphere (Guelph) *Ongoing*, Rio Nightclub (Markham)*Ongoing* Vault Lounge and Coliseum.

DJ Ampz is also the owner and manager of 4Play Trax (House), Ice Media (Chill-out) and Amplified Digital (Tech-Trance), three digital music label launching in August 2007 which focus's on new talents and quality productions from around the world.

You may catch DJ Ampz at Amplified Radio or Myspace for more information and locations to upcoming events, or head to download.amplifiedradio.com to grab over 2 dozen sets for direct download

---

There is my proper bio

http://www.4PlayTrax.com
http://www.amplifieddigital.com
http://www.facebook.com/DJAmpz
Amp Radio: Direct Downloads NOW on site!

Old Post Jan-03-2008 17:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Ampz Click here to Send DJ_Ampz a Private Message Visit DJ_Ampz's homepage! Add DJ_Ampz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Coxx
Supreme tranceaddict

will be there Jon O'Bir rocks

Old Post Jan-03-2008 17:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Coxx Click here to Send Coxx a Private Message Add Coxx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
_EuG_
Supreme tranceaddict

Holy shit

Old Post Jan-03-2008 20:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for _EuG_ Click here to Send _EuG_ a Private Message Add _EuG_ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Coxx
Supreme tranceaddict

i can't wait for this event i will be
cabareting my birthday on this nite

Old Post Jan-03-2008 20:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Coxx Click here to Send Coxx a Private Message Add Coxx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

anyone got some recent jon o'bir sets?

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-03-2008 21:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Coxx
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EvilTree
anyone got some recent jon o'bir sets?
you can down load his radio show ways and means off his web site

Old Post Jan-03-2008 21:08 
DJ_Ampz
Amp Radio Addict

^he is on my show next week as well. Ill see if i can get the link posted and permission to do so.

Ampz

http://www.4PlayTrax.com
http://www.amplifieddigital.com
http://www.facebook.com/DJAmpz
Amp Radio: Direct Downloads NOW on site!

Old Post Jan-03-2008 21:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Ampz Click here to Send DJ_Ampz a Private Message Visit DJ_Ampz's homepage! Add DJ_Ampz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2008.02.02. Global Saturdays Presents: JonO'Bir(UK),Dj Ampz,Mr.Morton Live@ Club Rio
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack id from dj elusive olso nights sept 2003 [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackImre Corte - "Kentari" (Wellenrausch Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread