Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::. ** Win a genre, make a mix - Challenge ** .::
Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ivand
look under my location

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Promo
I shall be the judge of this

jkjkjkjk, this looks like it'll be pretty nice.

NO I SHALL JUDGE IT

Old Post Apr-15-2009 16:15  Czech Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for Ivand Click here to Send Ivand a Private Message Add Ivand to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
woscar
Starstuff

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
Seems like this thread has created a space-time anomaly where tomorrow never comes and it's always Groundhog Day!

LOL, sorry Meat. Things like sex, booze, and movie caps keep getting in the way. I'll come through though, don't worry

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Old Post Apr-15-2009 17:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for woscar Click here to Send woscar a Private Message Visit woscar's homepage! Add woscar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
david.michael
Supreme tranceaddict

I hate you all.

Old Post Apr-15-2009 19:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.michael Click here to Send david.michael a Private Message Visit david.michael's homepage! Add david.michael to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Ok David finally had time to sit down and give yours a whirl.

Was a really nice set I thought, solid mixing and great track selection. You played a lot of the type of dubstep I like, kind of strayed away from the heavier wobble type stuff with the huge farty basslines.

04. Martyn - Broken [Revolve:r]
05. Burial - Etched Headplate [Hyperdub]
06. Mount Kimbie - Vertical [Hotflush Recordings]
07. Synkro - Everybody Knows [Smoking Sessions]

Was great I thought, I listened to that section several times through, just great tracks all around. From there you went on to finish the set out with some energy. Lots of varied tracks and really nice flow, you did a great job especially if it was your first venture with Dubstep.

Old Post Apr-16-2009 18:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
david.michael
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
Ok David finally had time to sit down and give yours a whirl.

Was a really nice set I thought, solid mixing and great track selection. You played a lot of the type of dubstep I like, kind of strayed away from the heavier wobble type stuff with the huge farty basslines.

04. Martyn - Broken [Revolve:r]
05. Burial - Etched Headplate [Hyperdub]
06. Mount Kimbie - Vertical [Hotflush Recordings]
07. Synkro - Everybody Knows [Smoking Sessions]

Was great I thought, I listened to that section several times through, just great tracks all around. From there you went on to finish the set out with some energy. Lots of varied tracks and really nice flow, you did a great job especially if it was your first venture with Dubstep.

enydo,

Thanks so much for giving this a listen, and for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed my first venture into Dubstep. I really ended up finding some cool tracks as a result. Really glad I did this, and hope to participate in another one.

Yeah, I tended to go towards the moody "listening music" type of dubstep rather than the big farty clubby ones. It's just what moved me during this process.

Old Post Apr-16-2009 19:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.michael Click here to Send david.michael a Private Message Visit david.michael's homepage! Add david.michael to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Yep, that's the kind of the dubstep I love, the moody atmospheric stuff. The clubby stuff is ok but I get tired of it quickly, bad clubby stuff is just awful.

Old Post Apr-16-2009 19:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
david.michael
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
Yep, that's the kind of the dubstep I love, the moody atmospheric stuff. The clubby stuff is ok but I get tired of it quickly, bad clubby stuff is just awful.

Definitely with you on that one.

Old Post Apr-16-2009 19:49  United States
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

I actually wanted to do a second one, but with so many people not posting their mixes at all, or posting them like 2 months too late I'm not so sure anymore.
Can somebody think of rule changes / ideas to keep that problem under control?

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post Apr-20-2009 09:52  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
I actually wanted to do a second one, but with so many people not posting their mixes at all, or posting them like 2 months too late I'm not so sure anymore.
Can somebody think of rule changes / ideas to keep that problem under control?

those who didn't respond in here or pulled out when seeing the style to be forbidden. One or two genres maybe excluded, eg dark gabber, nuwhatever, and the person who suggests the genre has to name maybe half a dozen artists that the person taking it on should check out ?

Old Post Apr-20-2009 11:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Darkarbiter
Psysnob

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
those who didn't respond in here or pulled out when seeing the style to be forbidden. One or two genres maybe excluded, eg dark gabber, nuwhatever, and the person who suggests the genre has to name maybe half a dozen artists that the person taking it on should check out ?

Maybe if there hasn't been a mix posted here even remotely close to that style in the past year...

Check out my Goa and psy Trance mixes!

Old Post Apr-20-2009 12:26  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Darkarbiter Click here to Send Darkarbiter a Private Message Add Darkarbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
david.michael
Supreme tranceaddict

IMO, exclusion of EDM genres somewhat defeats the purpose (within reason). As for people taking too long... well, I don't really see a huge deal with that, either. Yeah, it's annoying... but what were you really out? (I'm not saying don't do something to remedy this, or keep them from entering the next contest, or whatever you feel necessary. But, why not do the contest again? It's not like it cost you money. )

I agree with excluding those who backed out when their genre was picked, or those that just never responded.

Old Post Apr-20-2009 12:40  United States
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

There can't be a second one until this has finished, so:

Announcement:

The challenge will definitively end this saturday (25.04.)! If you haven't posted your mix yet, this is your last chance.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post Apr-20-2009 13:16  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::. ** Win a genre, make a mix - Challenge ** .::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEasy to id (electro) 1 [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKevin - "All in My Mind" (Soren Weile Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread