Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 285: 2020 keeps on truckin'
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Swamper
Webmonstah

Friday 285: 2020 keeps on truckin'

Are you stocking up on halloween candy for covid-winter-hibernation?

In other news this week...

"The report, which was obtained this morning by New Times, says Erick Morillo died of "acute ketamine toxicity" and lists MDMA and cocaine use as a contributing cause of death."

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/music...report-11712029

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Oct-17-2020 04:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

r.i.p erick, rape aside he check marked a lot of "first" in the dj world

Last edited by LoveHate on Oct-17-2020 at 05:10

Old Post Oct-17-2020 05:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I learned on Tuesday that a friend I was with LAST week tested positive for covid on Monday.

So I've been self-isolating (except for work - we have diff guidelines/rules) ever since, and have to up until the 23rd.

I have not been sick or symptomatic, but I might still have to get a test. Joy. Waiting to hear back from occupational health at my work after they coordinate with the local health unit.

Old Post Oct-17-2020 12:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Can you not just get a test to put the issue to bed?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-17-2020 13:49  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I mean, yeah. But a test only shows if a person is actively infected, and since incubation period is up to 14 days one would technically have to get a test every single day to be really sure.

At this point the test result will be most useful for contact tracing and further isolation (would just be my family), should I be positive and asymptotic. Whether the test is positive or negative, I would still have to self isolate for the full 14 days.

My work does not require us to get tested unless we become symptomatic. We have a specific policy for coming to work post exposure, which I have been following.

Old Post Oct-17-2020 14:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

That makes sense. I didn't realise the incubation period could be so long.

Are we allowed to talk about the US election yet? Without RANN around to relentlessly repeat uninteresting news stories as if he'd uncovered them himself, it might actually be tolerable. I haven't seen Jay around here for a while either.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-17-2020 15:40  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Jay was suspended a while ago. I personally don't care if anyone wants to talk about the election, though I am burnt out of it all myself. Thank Christ I don't live down there.

Edit: re: the incubation period. This is partly why covid is such a huge deal. Long incubation period + research suggestive of pre and asymptomatic spread. This has always been the main rationale for physical distancing, restricted activities and gatherings, self isolations, and mask wearing for source control.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Oct-17-2020 at 16:02

Old Post Oct-17-2020 15:45 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
That makes sense. I didn't realise the incubation period could be so long.

Are we allowed to talk about the US election yet? Without RANN around to relentlessly repeat uninteresting news stories as if he'd uncovered them himself, it might actually be tolerable. I haven't seen Jay around here for a while either.

As an Murican, I give you my explicit blessing to talk about the political hell that is the land in which I live. In fact, if you can come vote Democratic, straight down the ballot, twice...no charges will be filed.

Old Post Oct-17-2020 16:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Can you not just get a test to put the issue to bed?

JP is VERY picky about who/what she "puts to bed"...

Or so I heard on the Internet...

Old Post Oct-17-2020 16:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Yep I have to get tested. However, because I am a hospital employee and essential worker, I will get a rapid test/results the same day. Going tomorrow.

Old Post Oct-17-2020 16:37 
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
JP is VERY picky about who/what she "puts to bed"...

Or so I heard on the Internet...

Puttin heads to bed like Hennesy and Nyquil!

Old Post Oct-17-2020 16:39 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

I am not at all opposed to head in bed, rap music, Nyquil, and/or Hennessy.

Edit: hope all turns out well regarding COVID and testing, Pie.

Old Post Oct-17-2020 16:43  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 285: 2020 keeps on truckin'
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackId this [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThree Drives - "Greece 2001" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread