Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 195
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

Friday 195

Divulge to me your plans. I need to know them. I must.

Old Post Jan-18-2019 16:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Working. Skiing.

Old Post Jan-18-2019 17:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

No wife, no kid, Season 16 of Diablo 3 starts tonight!

So sleeping by 10pm...check!

Old Post Jan-18-2019 19:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Working. Skiing.

For some reason this brought to mind "Itchy. Tasty." and ten points to anyone who has a clue what I'm talking about there.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-18-2019 20:24  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
For some reason this brought to mind "Itchy. Tasty." and ten points to anyone who has a clue what I'm talking about there.

OG Resident Evil?

We recently mounted our living room TV so there is a ton more space for little man to run around (he's walking everywhere now) and the TV isn't low enough for him to smack with his grubby little hands all the time. We also rearranged the living room to give him a toy corner. So now when the toys get all over the house, there is a place for them all to go.

I also started a new indoor cycling training plan, pretty low impact just 2 rides a week to keep me in bike shape while I continue working on the run. Some degree of flexibility is important though, there are several days where I don't want to run in the cold weather and I'd rather do something else inside. To me this is a normal thing that should be accounted for. Last time I tried to stick to a schedule perfectly I got myself injured. Learning from my past mistakes!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jan-18-2019 21:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Maybe a stupid question, but do you stretch and foam roll daily? Whether you exercise or not?

Old Post Jan-18-2019 21:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I'm getting better about stretching but foam rolling is a 1-2 time per week thing. Really most of my injuries pop up in places that are un-foam-rollable (hip joint, MCL, various places on the foot). Running is so very harsh on the body that in my experience I have found that keeping my schedule mixed up keeps me from hammering away at a problem spot too long to where I might injure myself.

Perhaps I could handle running 6 times a week if I were to stretch/foam roll every day, but I'm personally not interested in just doing 1 thing every day. As my favorite triathlon quote says, "why be good at 1 sport when you can be mediocre at 3?"

Old Post Jan-18-2019 21:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Lol!

BTW we have a toy corner too, but we have a thread for that YOU KNOW.

Old Post Jan-18-2019 21:48 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Ten points to ye, Nick.

We went for chateau briand and Malbec this evening. Some DJing and japes tomorrow. The neighbours told me off last weekend for playing music too loud, but we're moving out soon so fuck 'em.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-18-2019 21:58  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Do some core work mang. Planks...front and sides. Do some bird-dogs. This dude has a good routine too. Do this consistently 2-3 times a week for 2-3 weeks and you will notice a difference when running. Triathlon running is a lot about strength. Do some hills too, only like once a week, 4-5 reps for about 20-30 seconds each. Then ramp up. Usually people have perfect form going uphill.

most of your runs will be at like 60% of your race pace. Then make sure you try good form habits. Keep front knee bent a bit, land naturally on front foot, don't try to push off really hard, think of it like pulling your foot back up and falling onto your front foot. Then you should be landing under your body.

Ride outside to get more stable riding a bike too. helps with running too.

and yea, foam roll a ton! Ya know I coach this crap.

Old Post Jan-18-2019 22:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

It's a special night. I'm probably going out to some local bar.

Old Post Jan-18-2019 22:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I appreciate the Tri advice, Boomer. I was a competitive swimmer back a few years ago and I currently practice with the best masters team in the city. Running and biking are left more up to me though, we have local clubs but I've just been doing those 2 on my own. I'm really aiming to improve my performance after my Olympic Tri last year. I try to keep some maintenance strength training in my schedule. There is a lot to do to keep your body prepared! My brother did the full Ironman last year and he was putting in insane amounts of training. Hard pass! Maybe I can do a half next year but that's my max I think.

Old Post Jan-18-2019 22:27 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 195
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSome vocals needed to ID [2005] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackQuo Vadis - Sonic Boom (AMP Maximus Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread