Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Esrem
Supreme tranceaddict

It's about HOW it comes out of your mouth...

Old Post Oct-27-2004 08:26  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Esrem Click here to Send Esrem a Private Message Add Esrem to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donna
Elitist

hehe thats not true,that doesnt matter

Old Post Oct-27-2004 08:36  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Donna Click here to Send Donna a Private Message Visit Donna's homepage! Add Donna to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Massive84
Old Relic

Re: A Message from Markus Schulz

quote:
Originally posted by markusschulz
Hi everyone,

I have never posted here on Tranceaddict, I choose to be the quiet type, just reading peoples views and opinions on everything from music to production and I have even occasionally wandered into the political forums, as I feel that tranceaddict.com is a community of people who I can relate to. Alot of the people here are misunderstood in the real world, or have a passion for music that few outside of an Internet community can relate to. For this reason I have held tranceaddict.com in a high regard. I can also say that I am not the only one, there are alot of big DJs that feel the same , but are uncomfortable posting. Whenever there is a gathering of Tranceaddicts at any gig, whether I am playing or not, I always make it a point to thank every one of them. Lately the boards have really taken a turn for the worst. I am not sure if it is just from a noisy few members or what, but it really has
made the board feel unfriendly and uncomfortable to read at times. I certainly don’t think censorship of any kind is acceptable, however I think its time for the moderators of the forums to get things under control here. This message board is not just about music; it is a community of passionate people who have music as a common bond. We should all respect each other. When coming across someone who has a different opinion than you, maybe continuing a discussion in a non-offensive manner may reveal that you have a lot more in common than you think. Even if there are people whose music I don’t like, I am still friends with them and respect them, because I have gotten to know them outside of just their music. Dave Dresden and I argue all the time about some of his tracks, but he is still a great friend who I have a lot in common with and enjoy hanging with away from the music. Dave also proves me wrong a lot, and I humbly admit it. Ozgur Can thinks a lot of my music is too “progblipblop”, but we are still good friends, and support each other. I have read many posts with opposing views then my own, and respected the person, for giving well thought out points. I have also read many peoples views about the music and that I and the other members of the “Evil Trio” play. I know that not everyone enjoys the music that I play, I accept that. I actually find that a challenge, because it keeps me working harder, to try to win you over. But just remember, music is art, and not everyone likes the Mona Lisa. But the people that do are very passionate about it.

Thank you to everyone who is supportive, I appreciate your kindness. I hope that I am able to bring some joy to your lives through music. The people that don’t like my style of music, that’s ok too, maybe we have a sports team, a politician, TV show or a favorite Pop Idol wannabe in common. Respect me, and what I am doing is all I ask. I do it for the love of music, I am just lucky to be able to support my family with my career in music.

Respect to you all!
Markus Schulz

Lol, things that can happen when you go to sleep hehe.

Anyway let me start with this, Hi, Markus.

Now to the point.
Your asking us to be more constructive and the mods should work harder according you. Now my question would be, what gives you the right to say that, while your not active on the boards, yes you claim to read it, but you never made any post and this is your first one, and maybe the last?

As Swamper stated and am very happy that he did, the Beauty of TA is that everyone can say what he or she wants without any danger. Saying in real life that a this soccer club sux in front of the fans, can be the result of you being beaten up(yes it is a sad world). Saying in real life that your a gay person will result in that people will look weird on you.
Here is the beauty of TA, you can say all you want, and in the worst case you will get mad responses but that's it!
Your never active, you never posted, so how do you know how a moderator should do his/her job?

Let me ask you, what is the meaning of constructive exactly for you? Do you find it painful when someone says "Markus sucks" or do you rather hear "Markus is bad, his mixing skills are not good and he is boring" ? Now the first comment sounds harsh indeed, but sometimes people have the reason to be harsh, and the second comment is more polite but both indicate that this person is not happy with you.

Now you desire the second form, so let me reverse the situation.

"Markus ROX!!!" I assume you find this very annoying comment because there is nothing constructive in it...may I laugh? Because am sure you are reading comments like these with joy, because it indicates people are happy with you.

So why claim that TA should be more constructive? Because there are 2 kind of people, the ones that like you and the ones that don't and BOTH have their freedom to say it! And remember this well!

Your a producer/dj you should know that these things happen, you should know that TA is for everyone, and you should learn to handle situations like these, and instead of asking people to be more constructive, ask them why they say that you suck, because as a producer my self i do the same thing to improve my self.

I didn't read the whole topic but i think I am the only one that will think that your message is meaningless, you say we should respect each other, but you don't respect the people that don't look up to you, you claim that you are great friends with Ozgur and Dave Dresden but you don't like their opinions always, but yet you complained about Dave plaza. You claim that TA is not constructive, because people tend to say simple-minded things "Markus sucks, smells, stinks etc." but the ones that say simple minds things in the reversed situation "Rox, good, awesome" don't get any complains from you I assume.

All in all, if you don't like TA don't read it.

And if you are wondering which side i am? not one, i just listen to music that sounds pleasent to my ears, so i have no idol or favorite track, i have to say there was this 2 hour set from you once that i really loved, but sometimes you didn't impress me, but that goes for ASOT, tiesto, and many things for me .

Fahad

-Moose

Old Post Oct-27-2004 11:04  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Massive84 Click here to Send Massive84 a Private Message Add Massive84 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ste
Planet Zogg Addict

the forum used to be good because you had people who all had a different taste of "trance" so there would be equalling opinions on both sides, but nowadays everyone just likes the same thing and anything else just get spat on or ignored, which is making the forums a very one sided place and the reason i hardly post in music discussion anymore. its rather annoying.

so yeh, i dont particularly like your music but you do have a point on the state of TA atm.

>>> Download my mix here <<< (Electro, Techno & Psy-Trance)

Old Post Oct-27-2004 11:17  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Ste Click here to Send Ste a Private Message Visit Ste's homepage! Add Ste to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ste
Planet Zogg Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Piazza
Markus is a very clever man indeed. This post was a attempt to address this issue indirectly ( why else would he decide to post ) :

=====================================================

Behind the Decks with Dave Piazza || Cancelled

Behind the Decks with Dave Piazza has been cancelled because of some personal disputes I am having with the Party107 staff. As a result I am withdrawing my show from Pary107.com

The Party107 staff feel that I must censor my comments on TranceAddicts made to Markus Schulz and his groupies because they offend him and GDJB.

I will not restrict my personal freedom of speech and expression. I must be true to myself and my fans. I have made the choice to be an indpendent person not pulled around like a puppet by the Part107 and GDJB strings.

Thank you all for your support and hope to find a new internet home for Behind the Decks.

Regards.

Dave Piazza

=============================================

Yet I dont see how his repsonse brings closure to the issue of free speach and individual rights. In my mind, he has only suggested further restraint of these rights through further mod. control.

you truly are the great arsehole of this earth. i hope your "fans" arnt too dissapointed.

>>> Download my mix here <<< (Electro, Techno & Psy-Trance)

Old Post Oct-27-2004 11:22  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Ste Click here to Send Ste a Private Message Visit Ste's homepage! Add Ste to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

quote:
Its funny how he hopes to make the TA community better through wider and more 'mature' discusion' yet he does not enguage on these forums.

Yes schulz is a great dj. But i find it funny how someone how doesnt participate in debates on TA beleives they can log on to the forum and 'teach us' how to do it. why doesnt he lead by example?

i think he was voicing his opinion about it. why dont you try to lead by example. this whole thread is against you, and why, because it seems like you dont see the point that markus schulz made, which makes it look like there are other reasons for your "disagreement". i wont relist all the points as you can go through them in this thread, but you should really grow up.

Last edited by capricorn15 on Oct-27-2004 at 12:03

Old Post Oct-27-2004 11:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for capricorn15 Click here to Send capricorn15 a Private Message Add capricorn15 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mindphaser
Suspended User

You got my respect.. just follow your heart and don't look so much to what other people say or write.
Btw, you're talking now about what people write on TA, in my opinion most of the pieps here who have a big mouth and who try to be the man in real life wouldn't even dare to discus etc.

Anyway i'm happy with TA as it's just a place to chill and to meet other pieps with the passion like i have.
When i want to have a more "deeper" talk then anywill i will do this personally with this person, the chance is small that i will do this on TA.
Just don't forget the positive things which TA has.

Btw, your set last friday was sweet.. really enjoyed it.

Respect.

But i can run with you. .."

Old Post Oct-27-2004 11:58  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Mindphaser Click here to Send Mindphaser a Private Message Visit Mindphaser's homepage! Add Mindphaser to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

quote:
btw I dont see paul van dyk posting a thread on TA title

' a message from Paul Van Dyk'

or

' a message from Sasha '

this is what drew my attention and requires a response from Schulz.

Lets not forget that its the same people on TA , like you, that make this site great. Schulz is a great DJ but has not shown to be a contribtuing TA memeber. Thus this makes his critque on TA hilarious. He is not making TA better by point out issues everyone knows. He should lead by example and become a true traceaddict memeber. Dont get blinded by the fame and remeber the roots of TA stems from people like you not superstar djs.

i think your critique is pretty hilarious considering the time you have been on the boards. do you think markus schulz cares about being a "contributing TA member"? with people like you expecting responses from him, its ridiculous. that means any dj who posts that you dont agree with owes you an explanation too? they dont owe you shit. go back and read the first post 10 times, so you can better understand it

quote:
I said that because everyone is saying Im a jerk for trying to ask schulz questions. I get the feeling that people star struck that Schulz posted and they forget to anaylize his comments in detail.

why dont you pm him or ask him on aim? once again, you analyze his comments

Old Post Oct-27-2004 12:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for capricorn15 Click here to Send capricorn15 a Private Message Add capricorn15 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

quote:
How is this ridiculous? I am praising the brave TA's who made well thoughtout comments.

Please leave me out of this.

hahaha, you are keeping yourself in it, rofl

Old Post Oct-27-2004 12:13 
tribu

Can anyone confirm that it was actually Markus Schulz who posted this?

Old Post Oct-27-2004 12:21 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Romain
Romeijn van den Taar

i think Markus wanted to bring a message of peace & respect, that's what i felt reading his message. As it is from him (a respected producer) he hopes it to be more widely heard (and he's right, see the number of posts).

PLUR

you're right opinions can be shared, Markus didn't say this was wrong, he just said that people tend to be too AGRESSIVE when they share their views... and yeah he's right...

so, thank you Markus for showing that you care about the forum.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 12:21  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Romain Click here to Send Romain a Private Message Add Romain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Streakfury
Angrily Running Naked

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
...which is making the forums a very one sided place and the reason i hardly post in music discussion anymore. its rather annoying.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 12:56  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Streakfury Click here to Send Streakfury a Private Message Visit Streakfury's homepage! Add Streakfury to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackany suggestions to this song? [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWay Out West - "Killa" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread