Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Hot Since '82
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Light The Fuse
Training Tranceaddicts

Red face Hot Since '82

Seems to be smashing it atm

Beatport number 1

A 3 hour essential mix from last year from space

ANd his latest offering - an hour long studio mix for Adam Beyers Drumcode show

Thoughts on this guy and his musical stylings?

Last edited by Light The Fuse on Nov-03-2015 at 01:20

Old Post Nov-03-2015 01:09  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Light The Fuse Click here to Send Light The Fuse a Private Message Add Light The Fuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

Saw him live in philly....set was extremely safe/boring/monotone. Had the feeling of wanting my money back when I left.

Productions are killer, but he didnt play any of them that I could recognize.

Old Post Nov-03-2015 02:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

He does a reliable line in big room boom-y tech, if that's your bag. Attracts the worst kind of T-shirt/haircut wanker crowds here though, the kind of DJ who you wouldn't go see because you'd hate the crowd too much. He's from Leeds as well so any time he plays here it's stupidly busy.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-03-2015 08:29  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

His productions are good at first listen, but they get old rather quickly. Nothing that sticks and lasts.

I think his hot streak is attributed to people hopping off the EDM bandwagon and into the underground-ish (for lack of a better word) one.

Not too cheesy, not too abstract. Safe party music.

Old Post Nov-03-2015 13:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

this one is great. the more techy ones do get old quickly.

Old Post Nov-04-2015 09:37  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

I'm a fan, especially of his remix of David Lynch and Planes & Trains.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Nov-05-2015 19:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
He does a reliable line in big room boom-y tech, if that's your bag. Attracts the worst kind of T-shirt/haircut wanker crowds here though, the kind of DJ who you wouldn't go see because you'd hate the crowd too much.

Yes.

The David Lynch remix is the best thing he's done. Still sounds amazing to me.

His DJ'ing is for people who are kind of new to dance music and have lower expectations of a party. Just make speaker go boom-boom-boom while I take selfies with my crew who all just recently turned 21.

Old Post Nov-06-2015 01:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GVGHMsin
tranceaddict in training

They can get old casesam.co.uk rather.

Last edited by GVGHMsin on Nov-10-2015 at 01:04

Old Post Nov-06-2015 03:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GVGHMsin Click here to Send GVGHMsin a Private Message Add GVGHMsin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Flynny
tranceaddict in training

Tom Staar is his ghost producer.

Old Post Nov-06-2015 19:10  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Flynny Click here to Send Flynny a Private Message Add Flynny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

His last mix compilation came with a bottle service coupon

Old Post Nov-06-2015 19:31  United States
MSZ
godspeed

quote:
Originally posted by Flynny
Tom Staar is his ghost producer.

Why is it when the DJ is always shit and their productions are "fire", they're always getting shoehorned production services. It takes so much more intellect to produce a track than to throw a set together coherently, if you cant dj chances are you're not doing the first one at all; Apples and oranges in a way I know but the correlation between the two are woven together in most circumstances.

Old Post Nov-06-2015 19:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by DanceFloorPoet
His DJ'ing is for people who are kind of new to dance music and have lower expectations of a party. Just make speaker go boom-boom-boom while I take selfies with my crew who all just recently turned 21.

Sadly, you've just summed up the Leeds clubbing scene. There's a huge student population here - something like 100,000 student in this city - and so most of the bookings seem to cater for this kind of crowd.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-07-2015 00:06  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Hot Since '82
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread