Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA TFC/soccer/footy thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

Move over Ibra. Mexes pwns you (and Mexes is a defender)

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Nov-22-2012 00:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

MLSE plants at the town hall yesterday apparently. Two guys with British accents praising Mariner. This shit just keeps spiraling out of control. 15 matches without a win and FO goes out of their facking way to keep him in charge. Such a farce. AND they continue to slag off Mariner. Such BS.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Nov-22-2012 19:31  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

What a great day, Celtic are through and Chelsea OOOUUUUUTTTTT !!!

ps. Fuck shit-eh !!!

Old Post Dec-05-2012 22:06  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

Love seeing Celtic through. Also, City bottom of their group is awesome. Dortmund or Bayern are my picks to take it this year, it's going to take a very good team to beat either over two legs.

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Dec-05-2012 22:27  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adamo
womp womp

I'm sure City will have the last laugh when they win the league again.

Old Post Dec-05-2012 23:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Adamo Click here to Send Adamo a Private Message Add Adamo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

Ummmmmm

News flash, UCL is waaaay more important than the EPL. And to further that the EPL isn't even the best domestic league in Europe (100 % behind La Liga and the Bundesliga).

Do you think they've spent 100's of millions of dollars to only win the EPL??? Please. For all of that obscene amount of money spent and they can't even make the round of 16 in the most important club competition in the world.

What a shower of ****s.

Old Post Dec-06-2012 00:50  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

Three cheers for the Sheikh!

Let city win titles, they're no better then Chelsea and everyone is well aware they've all been bought. The day either of those teams win anything with a core of kids they've developed through their academies is the day I'll take my hat off to them, but we all know that'll never happen.

Also, what's the deal with everyone calling La Liga the "best" league in Europe? I've been hearing this for years and never understood it. With the exception of obviously Barca & Madrid, and maybe the 3-6 placed teams, I've never found La Liga to be anything special.

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Dec-06-2012 01:01  Germany
Adamo
womp womp

quote:
Originally posted by Special K

Do you think they've spent 100's of millions of dollars to only win the EPL??? Please. For all of that obscene amount of money spent and they can't even make the round of 16 in the most important club competition in the world.

Ummm...no they spent all that money so that they can BUILD a squad that will qualify for the CL every year. 3 trophies in 2 years and qualification into the CL is a great improvement and their only getting better. ONLY WIN THE EPL? Is that a joke?! Both years in the CL they were in the group of death and both years they fell out playing like shit. But they'll be there again next year...and the year after that. Will Arsenal? Will Chelsea? I have my doubts.

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut

Let city win titles, they're no better then Chelsea and everyone is well aware they've all been bought. The day either of those teams win anything with a core of kids they've developed through their academies is the day I'll take my hat off to them, but we all know that'll never happen.

Please tell me when any English team has done that. Arsenal invicibles? All bought too. Do you know anything about the massive youth academy training complex being built and plethora of money being poured into the city? Of course not. Move along.

Old Post Dec-06-2012 02:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Adamo Click here to Send Adamo a Private Message Add Adamo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
Originally posted by Adamo
Please tell me when any English team has done that. Arsenal invicibles? All bought too. Do you know anything about the massive youth academy training complex being built and plethora of money being poured into the city? Of course not. Move along.

Well their was this team once called man united, I'm sure you've heard of them. If you look at what they did from say 1995-2005, the core of that team was developed academy players (Scholes, Giggs, Butt, Neville(s), O'Shea, Fletcher, Beckham, Brown). All developed in house. That's just one example, most teams have to operate this way, develop themselves & spend frugally/strategically, their aren't enough sheikhs to go around.

Look at how much City have spent on players in the last 6 years. £417m. Now tell me again how those trophies weren't bought. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this is no doubt a fantastic thing for city and everyone involved with them, but to outsiders whos teams can't afford to drop 75m every transfer window, it's a bit over the top.

• Do Santos - Menina

Last edited by LightsOut on Dec-06-2012 at 02:46

Old Post Dec-06-2012 02:25  Germany
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

Group of death or not, 3 pts from 6 matches is just disgraceful for a team of Man City's calibre

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Dec-06-2012 02:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adamo
womp womp

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
Look at how much City have spent on players in the last 6 years. £417m. Now tell me again how those trophies weren't bought. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this is no doubt a fantastic thing for city and everyone involved with them, but to outsiders whos teams can't afford to drop 75m every transfer window, it's a bit over the top.

Arsenals invincibles were bought. That doesnt take anything away from what they did. There are plenty of sheikhs and oil tycoons going around, thats whats messed up about FFP. City was the last team that will ever get to do what Chelsea did. But whats wrong with taking teams like Leeds or Newcastle or Rangers who have gone bankrupt and having someone willing to invest in their future and surrounding areas.

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
Group of death or not, 3 pts from 6 matches is just disgraceful for a team of Man City's calibre

Can't disagree here.

Old Post Dec-06-2012 02:53 
LightsOut
Antagonist

Yeah I mean, I see what you're saying, economically its fantastic for the area. And don't get me wrong, City played fantastic football last season and were deserving winners. I just have a problem with how it's all being achieved I guess. It's one thing if you spend decades locally developing football and creating a successful club/culture/community, and its another thing when a rich Arabian sheikh comes in and gives you all that overnight. It just sucks for teams like Swansea, who are fan owned, as they'll never be able to compete. And if they wanted to, their only option to be successful on the same level would be to sell their beloved local club to some foreign ownership group, just so they can have a go at the championship on an equal playing field. It's kinda sad.

• Do Santos - Menina

Last edited by LightsOut on Dec-06-2012 at 03:19

Old Post Dec-06-2012 03:08  Germany

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA TFC/soccer/footy thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBedrock - Heaven Scent [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKai Tracid - "Life Is Too Short" (Energy Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread