Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Mutek 2012
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Monocle
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't agree with it and don't see why it's at all necessary from his perspective... what is gained? if anything it just looks more awkward. You're performing in front of thousands of people, at least stand ffs!!

Old Post Jun-02-2012 23:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Monocle Click here to Send Monocle a Private Message Add Monocle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

Mills is as famous for his eccentricities as he is for his music. You should see some of the space cadet shit that he posts on facebook. He is really into it like higher level alien type stuff. Basically an artiste in a skinny suit and a scarf. Jeff Mills really loves Jeff Mills

Old Post Jun-02-2012 23:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Monocle
Supreme tranceaddict

and, what do you think about this sitting thing?

Old Post Jun-03-2012 00:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Monocle Click here to Send Monocle a Private Message Add Monocle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

i think its a laugh at dj culture and how people pay too much attention to the dj, so he makes the medium the gimmick is what i would say if i was an art fag.

he can spin with his cock flapping out if it sounds good is what i'll put on the record. he has been around for a long time, the battle for continued relevance is also important, so i think the schtick makes people talk about him. This is basically a Tenaglia rant in dj set form.

Old Post Jun-03-2012 00:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Monocle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
i think its a laugh at dj culture and how people pay too much attention to the dj, so he makes the medium the gimmick is what i would say if i was an art fag.

he can spin with his cock flapping out if it sounds good is what i'll put on the record. he has been around for a long time, the battle for continued relevance is also important, so i think the schtick makes people talk about him. This is basically a Tenaglia rant in dj set form.

Yea there's some good points there, but I'd like to know which of them he's actually endorsing here. As much as I don't pay attention to the DJ really... I mean you're making me pay attention when you're sitting down. I just don't get it... you DJ for 25 years standing and then all of a sudden you think a gig should be played sat down. lame in my opinion

Old Post Jun-03-2012 00:47  Canada
corjay9
Chief Executive Ocifer

Kink was great yesterday. Gear overload, hi hats galore.

Old Post Jun-03-2012 20:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for corjay9 Click here to Send corjay9 a Private Message Add corjay9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
corjay9
Chief Executive Ocifer

edit: double post

Last edited by corjay9 on Jun-03-2012 at 20:44

Old Post Jun-03-2012 20:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for corjay9 Click here to Send corjay9 a Private Message Add corjay9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Passskal
Supreme tranceaddict

Managed to check out KiNK as well. Great performer!

I made it to Metropolis around 12:30 i caught the last part or A Guy called Gerald, he was laying some serious tecky deep house, really like his style.

Minilogue and Matthew Jonson was another Nocturne classic. Deep tech house and melodic minimal. Perfect blend, flawless performance. Really glad I made it.

edit: this video is from 2010, but it will give you an idea of their set-up...lots of gear.

Last edited by Passskal on Jun-04-2012 at 15:45

Old Post Jun-03-2012 23:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Passskal Click here to Send Passskal a Private Message Add Passskal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
McNasty
Supreme tranceaddict

Tim Hecker vs Stephen O'Malley was pretty much one of the loudest shows I've seen live. O'Malley had 8 guitar amps for himself lol Really nice setup with the lighting too

Old Post Jun-04-2012 01:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for McNasty Click here to Send McNasty a Private Message Visit McNasty's homepage! Add McNasty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

who gives a fuck if jeff mills is playing sitting down, standing on his head or naked holding his balls, if performer is as comfortable as he can be, he will deliver to the best of his potential. it is about the music after all, atleast in your case i hope it is.

Old Post Jun-04-2012 03:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Casa Click here to Send Casa a Private Message Add Casa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Monocle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Casa
who gives a fuck if jeff mills is playing sitting down, standing on his head or naked holding his balls, if performer is as comfortable as he can be, he will deliver to the best of his potential. it is about the music after all, atleast in your case i hope it is.

I knew this kind of response would come and I'm sorry, but if Jeff Mills is palying naked holding his balls, I have an issue. There's a line that needs to be drawn and for me this crosses it, I don't agree with it. What if he's laying down? that still cool? I just don't agree with it and don't know if I wanna pay to see someone sitting or lying down, stand the fuck up and acknowledge me just like everyone else does.

Old Post Jun-04-2012 14:28  Canada
acronym
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Monocle
I knew this kind of response would come and I'm sorry, but if Jeff Mills is palying naked holding his balls, I have an issue. There's a line that needs to be drawn and for me this crosses it, I don't agree with it. What if he's laying down? that still cool? I just don't agree with it and don't know if I wanna pay to see someone sitting or lying down, stand the fuck up and acknowledge me just like everyone else does.

Then you stay home because a talented artist is sitting down, the rest of us will enjoy kick ass music; everyone is happy.

Old Post Jun-04-2012 15:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for acronym Click here to Send acronym a Private Message Add acronym to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Mutek 2012
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from LikWit's 3 hour set [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackArmani & Ghost - "Airport" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread