Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Promoters Please Book The Following
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply

quote:
Originally posted by mnemonic.
The night after Sasha at Stereo. Wow.

Guy J, Sasha, Henry Saiz and Nick Warren all in 2 months in MTL and we get fuck all?

ST00PID FUCKING CITY TORONTO IS.

Old Post Feb-05-2012 21:50 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
malakaone
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Guy J, Sasha, Henry Saiz and Nick Warren all in 2 months in MTL and we get fuck all?

ST00PID FUCKING CITY TORONTO IS.

I know Montreal seems to get better bookings, I mean tenaglia is always there, last time he was here was at circa and how long has that been closed for. I mean we could always catch Derrick carter and Martinez brothers that come here 4 times a year. Lol.

Old Post Feb-05-2012 22:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for malakaone Click here to Send malakaone a Private Message Add malakaone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mnemonic.
Michael-San

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011

Yeah, that's the reality of it. I get the sense that Toronto is hooked onto a few different vibes at the moment and there's just no place for guys like Sasha et al in Toronto right now. But, things are cyclical. People like you and I can only hope that when one of those vibes our city desires now falls off, epic progressive storytelling steps in to fill the gap.

Until that time comes, I'll keep visiting Montreal.

"Especially you" I said.
"You are virtually the ring leader, the way I see it."
Then, I blew out the candle.

Old Post Feb-05-2012 22:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mnemonic. Click here to Send mnemonic. a Private Message Add mnemonic. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

You guys should realize that certain people have a monopoly on your scene and the only way to change that is to take matters into your own hands. The fact is that I know more people in Toronto who would be open to collaborating on events than a I do in Montreal. So it's not like you don't have the base of interest for it. Just stop blaming promoters and become ones yourselves. And unlike me you guys don't have the issue of speaking one language when most people in the scene speak another.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Feb-05-2012 22:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nicolas Oliver
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Vanos
Guv just had Erphun in the main room

Anybody who attended this event (as I did) knows for certain that quality techno acts can easily fill the main room inside Guv

Old Post Feb-05-2012 23:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nicolas Oliver Click here to Send Nicolas Oliver a Private Message Add Nicolas Oliver to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ferg
Supreme tranceaddict

Toronto does have repetitive bookings.

Old Post Feb-06-2012 05:13  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Ferg Click here to Send Ferg a Private Message Add Ferg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
You guys should realize that certain people have a monopoly on your scene and the only way to change that is to take matters into your own hands. The fact is that I know more people in Toronto who would be open to collaborating on events than a I do in Montreal. So it's not like you don't have the base of interest for it. Just stop blaming promoters and become ones yourselves. And unlike me you guys don't have the issue of speaking one language when most people in the scene speak another.

Well some of us have you know...other jobs.

I've been letting my wallet do the talking by not coming out to events. I've only been out a handful of times in the last two years.

Old Post Feb-06-2012 16:23  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

meh I'm only talking about putting on an event every couple of months max...if you really wanted you could squeeze that in.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Feb-06-2012 16:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nicolas Oliver
Anybody who attended this event (as I did) knows for certain that quality techno acts can easily fill the main room inside Guv

no they can fill the back stage tho..lol

kids need some growing up to do in the scene right now it seems from what I see, they're all into vocals and commercial sound (which I can no longer stand btw)

give it time

Old Post Feb-07-2012 01:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shaya007 Click here to Send Shaya007 a Private Message Visit Shaya007's homepage! Add Shaya007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nicolas Oliver
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Shaya007
kids need some growing up to do in the scene right now it seems from what I see, they're all into vocals and commercial sound (which I can no longer stand btw)

give it time

Old Post Feb-07-2012 01:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nicolas Oliver Click here to Send Nicolas Oliver a Private Message Add Nicolas Oliver to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

dave clarke

is @ fw in june btw ...

Old Post Feb-13-2012 02:13  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mnemonic.
Michael-San

Nice. Paul Woolford is in town soon too. As per his soundcloud page. I didn't note the date though...

"Especially you" I said.
"You are virtually the ring leader, the way I see it."
Then, I blew out the candle.

Old Post Feb-13-2012 02:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mnemonic. Click here to Send mnemonic. a Private Message Add mnemonic. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Promoters Please Book The Following
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSOLVED - a brilliant tune with 2 melodies I NEED THIS I NEED THIS I NEED THIS..thanx ...... [2002] [12]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMärtini Brös. - "The Biggest Fan" (Black Strobe Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread