Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Recomended Books and Videos List
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
forkol
tranceaddict in training

Good post, Beatflux.

Here's a few I like, older but very much relevant:

Getting Started in Computer Music

Burning Down the House: Ripping, Recording, Remixing, and More! (good section on remixing).

Audio Mashup Construction Kit: ExtremeTech This book is really for mashup production, but has techinques that are very useful for remixing and gives a good music theory introduction.

Hope this helps!

Old Post Jul-23-2010 23:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for forkol Click here to Send forkol a Private Message Add forkol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Another good book on synthesis: "Programming Synthesizers" by Peter Gorges

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Apr-26-2011 02:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sukhavati
Junior tranceaddict

This isn't a book, it's a DVD but the info's good so I'll share it:

Secrets of the Pros

The ones on mixing and mastering are especially useful, for example how to properly set up the studio to avoid hot spots and how to construct some cheap sound absorption/traps.

The advantage of the DVD is actually seeing how to put this stuff together.

I also like Microsound by Curtis Roads. It's not the easiest read, but it's been a book that I've gotten several useful techniques from that I otherwise wouldn't have thought about.

Old Post Sep-12-2011 20:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sukhavati Click here to Send Sukhavati a Private Message Add Sukhavati to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeltdownZA
Junior tranceaddict

I'm reading Dance Music Manual vol.2 as indicated at the top of the OP and that book is insane, every line I'm learning something new and interesting

Old Post Jan-06-2012 20:56  South Africa
Click Here to See the Profile for MeltdownZA Click here to Send MeltdownZA a Private Message Add MeltdownZA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Intro to Synthesis (3-part series, about 3 hours total running time)

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Jan-08-2012 07:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Soyagua
tranceaddict in training

Dance music manual third edition! Updated in 2014 and very nice. The example music is usually from modern hit-makers like Guetta.

Old Post Jun-25-2014 16:38  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Soyagua Click here to Send Soyagua a Private Message Add Soyagua to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Recomended Books and Videos List
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul van Dyk/Armin Playlisted... easy one! [2007] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTDR - "Smoked Out" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread