Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This

Seems like enough of the remaining posters here have kids/families to warrant a parents' thread.

Talk about your kids! Talk about your experiences as a parent! Ask for advice! Give advice!

My sweet babe is 6 months old. Time truly does fly now. I keep anticipating all kinds of growth and change, but it happens literally overnight. Have to enjoy the present more than ever!

Becoming a parent has been a lot like becoming an adult, and having yet another realization that I know very little, and a lot of what people older and wiser with more experience said was true (to a point, many people are still morons and I tune their bs out, lol).

Let's see if this thread lasts.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 14:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

inb4 Ted Promo and IGK

Little man is doing great, but the breastfeeding has been tough. Seems like every position we try he doesn't want to latch on. We are trying to use a hand pump for the rest of her colostrum.

Trying to help my wife as much as possible, a lot of responsibility is on her but I'm trying to fill the gaps. Definitely going to need something to help with those short nights of sleep. It's already amazing though, he's so adorable and I never thought I'd feel that feeling of awe until I held him.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Feb-12-2018 15:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
t3cHn0_43ad

I have been successfully dodging the "lets have one" bullet for about a year now, but alas she will probably get her way. I'm on the fence about having one - always have been. I like my life and fear the most about how much will change when a kid comes into play. It could be a great thing. but what if it isn't?

Old Post Feb-12-2018 15:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KiNeTiC ENeRgY Click here to Send KiNeTiC ENeRgY a Private Message Add KiNeTiC ENeRgY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Little man is doing great, but the breastfeeding has been tough. Seems like every position we try he doesn't want to latch on. We are trying to use a hand pump for the rest of her colostrum.

Yup, it can be tough at first without help! I'm sure I recommended seeing a lactation consultant...should def do that if you can. Here is a great link with videos that explain and show perfectly how to get a good latch, signs baby is getting milk, etc.

https://globalhealthmedia.org/videos/breastfeeding/

'Attaching your baby at the breast' is a good place to start.

Also Jack Newman is the guru of breastfeeding. He has tons of vids on Youtube, and a really great FB page.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 16:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
I like my life and fear the most about how much will change when a kid comes into play. It could be a great thing. but what if it isn't?

If you view it in terms of what you have to give up by having a kid/family instead of what you will gain, then don't do it. It's hard, unrelenting fucking work, and if you go into it thinking you will lose out on life, you likely will not enjoy it.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 16:58 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
I have been successfully dodging the "lets have one" bullet for about a year now, but alas she will probably get her way. I'm on the fence about having one - always have been. I like my life and fear the most about how much will change when a kid comes into play. It could be a great thing. but what if it isn't?

I'm similar in that I've never felt any desire to have kids. They incite no emotion in me. Why shoulder such a massive responsibility if you're perfectly happy without them?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-12-2018 16:59  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'm similar in that I've never felt any desire to have kids. They incite no emotion in me. Why shoulder such a massive responsibility if you're perfectly happy without them?

I'm in virtually the same boat; The changes that a kid (or kids) bring to your life make me have absolutely no desire to have one. Thankfully my missus has an even stronger position on kids so the only "pressure" on us is kind of from friends and family who don't really understand why we wouldn't want one.

I barely get enough sleep as it and running a business takes so much of our time as it is, that throwing a drooling shit machine in to the mix will just mean no sleep whatsoever and total change to our business lives.

So many friends have babies/kids now and while most of them will say "it's the greatest thing ever blah blah blah", I see the incredible strain on them, and what it does to their sanity and relationships. And these are people with means who have nannies and house cleaners, and can afford whatever the kid needs.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to not want to have kids. It's the deepest commitment you can make and if you're not totally on board to have them, that's a sensible choice. it's not like the world needs more kids that aren't 100% wanted.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 17:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Even the most cynical bastards change when it's their own child in their arms. But if you flat out don't want them, Aunt Cindy pestering you about it shouldn't change your mind. Just don't have them.

@Jenny yeah there are lactation consultants here at the hospital but they are totally MIA and we have to drag them out of their caves to come down to our room. Hopefully when we leave the hospital we have easy access to one so she can get into a rhythm. One just came into the room and it already seems like we are getting good advice.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 18:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Good. And honestly, keep fucking pestering them until you get the help you need to feel confident. Breastfeeding is the most important thing your wife and baby are going to do, do not go home without feeling very good about it. The first week alone is SO important in getting breastfeeding going, you don't really have days to fuck around trying to figure out if it's going well or not.

I wish her all the best! If you or she ever has questions and need help in a pinch, hit me up in here or via pm!

Old Post Feb-12-2018 18:09 
ziptnf
Programming your future

Ugh I'm so relieved. He just had a great feeding session. Restored confidence with her (she was a mess earlier when they were struggling) and gave him a good meal. I'm sure at some point they will get into a rhythm and when her milk starts coming in they will be doing great.

Last night he was fussing and had that old black tar poopy diaper from all that time in the womb. We were trying to change him (holy shit I had no idea what I was doing) and he pees on his shirt. D'oh!

Anyway he's a cutie and it has changed my life. I love him. PM me if you wanna trade pics Jenny!

Old Post Feb-12-2018 18:25 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

Boarding. School.

Boarding. School.

Boarding. School.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 19:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

We're still over the fence: on the one hand, my wife is halfway through her doctorate, and we're still trying to find a way to get a professorship in the same city (she's based in Manaus, and I'm in Brasília). On the other, she's about to celebrate her 39th birthday, and she feels it's probably getting a bit too late...

Old Post Feb-12-2018 19:03  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCompletely Unique German Opera Techno [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFirewall - "Touched" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread