Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > anyone using synths
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
szm
Senior tranceaddict

anyone using synths

my boredom is expanding...

anyone using synths, cheap synths in particular? behringer shit, how are you getting along with it?

im looking at a behringer td-3 the sound demos sound fine to my ears. I see them for like $100 used which is kind of hilarious.

not my video

also interested in the arturia microfreak for textures, im on the fence about the sound.

Old Post Mar-05-2024 23:29  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for szm Click here to Send szm a Private Message Add szm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

Personally I have DeepMind12, Prophet Rev2 and Korg Wavestate in my disposal lol.

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Mar-06-2024 00:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list TranceLover007 is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
szm
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by TranceLover007
Personally I have DeepMind12, Prophet Rev2 and Korg Wavestate in my disposal lol.

Darek

how often do they make it into your WIP ?

btw.

I got a song to share to you pulled from Transatlantik lounging CD 1999

I listened to this track I thought about you. lol.

Old Post Mar-06-2024 01:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for szm Click here to Send szm a Private Message Add szm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

quote:
Originally posted by szm
how often do they make it into your WIP ?

btw.

I got a song to share to you pulled from Transatlantik lounging CD 1999

I listened to this track I thought about you. lol.

Almost on every WIP. That track you posted is really interesting with nice vibe in it.

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Mar-06-2024 01:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list TranceLover007 is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
szm
Senior tranceaddict

well then I have faith of behringer since your tracks sound great. cheers!

Old Post Mar-06-2024 04:07  Canada
cryophonik
Boom shanka

I went a little nuts the past few years and currently have:

Arturia PolyBrute
Arturia Matrixbrute
Arturia MiniFreak
Sequential Prophet 6
Sequential Trigon 6
Sequential OB-6
Sequential Prophet Rev2
Sequential Pro 3
Studio Electronics SE-1X
Access Virus Polar TI2
Elektron Analog RYTM mk2
Elektron Analog Four mk2
Elektron Digitakt
Elektron Digitone
Elektron Syntakt
Waldorf Blofeld
Behringer TD-3 MO
Dexibell VIVO SX7
Maschine+

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Mar-06-2024 06:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
szm
Senior tranceaddict

jfc

nice collection, how is your experience with the arturia line?

Old Post Mar-07-2024 08:16  Canada
cryophonik
Boom shanka

quote:
Originally posted by szm
jfc

nice collection, how is your experience with the arturia line?

The PolyBrute was an instant favorite and is basically the centerpiece of my studio. MatrixBrute is right up there with my other favorite analog mono (Studio Electronics SE-1X Nova upgraded to the 3X EPROM). I've only owned the MiniFreak for about two months and haven't really settled in with it yet, but it's a very cool synth that goes well beyond anything my other hardware does. It's got the analog filters and can sound convincingly analog, but that's not where it shines. I think it's strength is in its digital and more experimental sounds and the arp/sequencer features are really nicely implemented. I'm also pretty impressed by the effects section. The only thing I don't love about it is the mini keybed, but it's an acceptable sacrifice that allows me to use it on the couch and I usually just trigger it from my PolyBrute or Novation controller when I'm in the studio, so it's really a non-issue.

I also have a couple of KeyStep 37s (also mini keys) that are pretty handy, but I need to sell one of them (long story how I ended up with two). I also owned a DrumBrute Impact and a MiniBrute 2S within the past few years. Both were cool, but the MB 2S was not my cup o' tea (I'm not a modular guy) and I had something like eight drum machines at the time, so I let the DrumBrute go when I decided to downsize.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the Arturia hardware. The PolyBrute 12 was leaked recently and will hopefully surface this year. When it does, I'm pretty much already decided that it will replace my PolyBrute and Prophet Rev2.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Mar-07-2024 17:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

To your original question, I haven't owned a lot of the Behringer synths, but I'm pretty impressed with the synths they're putting out and I've come very close to buying a DeepMind on multiple occasions. I currently only have the TD-3 MO (modded out version) and recently sold a NIB standard TD-3, which I took as a partial trade and never actually used, simply because I already owned the MO version. I think the TD-3 (standard or MO) is pretty much a no-brainer if you want that sound. The only "complaint" I have is the same complaint most people have about it - sequencing it is sorta a PITA, but that's simply because Behringer kept it true to the original Roland design. And, it really doesn't take long to get comfortable with it anyway.

The only other Behringers I've owned have been the RD-8 mk1 and RD-9. Both were very cool and I certainly wouldn't be able to tell them from an OG 808/909 in a blind test. But, those were also two that I sold when I downsized my studio simply because I could get close enough with my RYTM or Digitakt using samples, both of which did far more. I'm still tempted to buy them again if/when I find a good deal just because they're so cheap and sound so good.

Old Post Mar-07-2024 17:50  United States
atxbigballer1
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: anyone using synths

quote:
Originally posted by szm
im looking at a behringer td-3 the sound demos sound fine to my ears. I see them for like $100 used which is kind of hilarious.

also interested in the arturia microfreak for textures, im on the fence about the sound.

Maybe this can help.
btw I got 3 td-3 and a microfreak.

@ 8:40 I love that cat. lol

"It's not the equipment....it's the muthaf@#%r running it"
quote:
Originally posted by Pagan-za
Fighting online is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Old Post Mar-08-2024 03:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for atxbigballer1 Click here to Send atxbigballer1 a Private Message Add atxbigballer1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
atxbigballer1
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
The only other Behringers I've owned have been the RD-8 mk1 and RD-9. Both were very cool and I certainly wouldn't be able to tell them from an OG 808/909 in a blind test. But, those were also two that I sold when I downsized my studio simply because I could get close enough with my RYTM or Digitakt using samples, both of which did far more. I'm still tempted to buy them again if/when I find a good deal just because they're so cheap and sound so good.
I had the RD-8 to me it was ok but I sold. Now I got is jomox mBase 11 and jomox mbrane. I need to still get around playing with them but i like so far.
I also want to dj with 2x roland sp 404 and a mixer.

"It's not the equipment....it's the muthaf@#%r running it"
quote:
Originally posted by Pagan-za
Fighting online is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Old Post Mar-08-2024 04:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for atxbigballer1 Click here to Send atxbigballer1 a Private Message Add atxbigballer1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

quote:
Originally posted by atxbigballer1
Now I got is jomox mBase 11 and jomox mbrane. I need to still get around playing with them but i like so far.
I also want to dj with 2x roland sp 404 and a mixer.

I had a Jomox AlphaBase for about a year or so and it was very cool, but not the sounds I usually use and the workflow was sorta a mess. So, that was another one I sold during my great drum sell-off of 2022. I'm basically just a giant Elektron fanboy now and my RYTM mk2 is my go-to. It's funny, I remember years ago when people here would rave about the Elektron stuff and I just really didn't get it.

Old Post Mar-08-2024 16:15  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > anyone using synths
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID = Mauro Picotto - Live @ Atlantis 06.27.00 - TRACK 7? [2002] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown Source - "Nadjanema" (Fire & Ice Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread