Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Identified Tracks Archive > Fire & Ice - "Silent Cry"
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
uilleann
tranceaddict

What track is this?

I've had this lying around on my drive for some time now, and believed it to be track 5 - Fire & Ice - Forever Young from DJ Tiesto's Magik 6 Live in Amsterdam (because that's what it's called). I came across it the other day, and realised how great a track it was. It seems, though, that it is not that track after all - Forever Young sounds totally different. I gave a copy to someone who has all the Magiks, except he doesn't have 6, so doesn't know :)

Possible guess is that its track number is one out (making it really 4 or 6) - I don't know. It's a very catchy tune, either way.

If anyone wants to hear a clearer sample (I've already crashed the OS once trying to make something that comes close to obeying Swamper's rules, and I'm not going to push my luck further), try this much clearer version (~330k):
http://firetrack.no-ip.org/store/temp/ID.mp3

Although the tune is pretty distinctive and can probably be recognised just from the dodgy attached MP3.

Cheers

- uilleann

[Edit: Sorry, yes, I was going to mention - it sounds like it's a live performance, although the crowd is not really noticeable after I demolished the MP3 in order to be allowed to upload it]

Last edited by uilleann on Aug-27-2003 at 06:05

Old Post Aug-27-2003 05:58  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for uilleann Click here to Send uilleann a Private Message Visit uilleann's homepage! Add uilleann to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BEACHBOY
Mr. Sam Addict

I have Magic 6, but without the cue-file so I don't know wich song it is, but your sample starts at about 20min30sec in the set...

**EDIT**: Just checked the Tracklisting Archive (you could've done that too you know hehe) Here's the thread with all Tiesto's Magiks;
MAGIC 1-7

And it's not forever young indeed...
it's Fire & Ice - Silent Cry

Peace

DJ Christophe ft. Jinx - Make It Happen
Sultan & Tonedepth - Broken (Jiva Remix)

ID these TUNES plz: Updated!!!
[Track 1] --- [Track 2] --- [Track 3] --- [Track 4] --- [Track 5] --- [Track 6] --- NEW:[Track 7]

Last edited by BEACHBOY on Aug-27-2003 at 09:42

Old Post Aug-27-2003 09:35  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for BEACHBOY Click here to Send BEACHBOY a Private Message Visit BEACHBOY's homepage! Add BEACHBOY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
uilleann
tranceaddict

Ahhh....

Oh, now I see.

I only have two tracks from Magik Six (5 and 8) - I can't even remember why I got them, now, either - I just found them the other day and decided that track 5 absolutely rules.

I was looking at this tracklist:
http://www.discogs.com/release/36132
and evidently no-one's told them of the mistake - I have thus left them a note accordingly :) I didn't see any reason to go looking here, because I didn't suspect that their tracklist may have been in error.

Cheers mate.

Old Post Aug-27-2003 11:17  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for uilleann Click here to Send uilleann a Private Message Visit uilleann's homepage! Add uilleann to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BEACHBOY
Mr. Sam Addict

Re: Ahhh....

quote:
Originally posted by uilleann
I didn't see any reason to go looking here, because I didn't suspect that their tracklist may have been in error.

Cheers mate.

Unfortunatly this happens from time to time, more than we wish for actually...

Cheers!

DJ Christophe ft. Jinx - Make It Happen
Sultan & Tonedepth - Broken (Jiva Remix)

ID these TUNES plz: Updated!!!
[Track 1] --- [Track 2] --- [Track 3] --- [Track 4] --- [Track 5] --- [Track 6] --- NEW:[Track 7]

Old Post Aug-27-2003 11:57  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for BEACHBOY Click here to Send BEACHBOY a Private Message Visit BEACHBOY's homepage! Add BEACHBOY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
uilleann
tranceaddict

Heh

Call me a cluebie if you like - I don't know anything about the Magik series. According to that site, it was released, so I assumed that it was the actual tracklist off the CD (which could still be wrong of course ;) Looking at that forum topic, I am no longer sure I have any idea what went on.

I'm used to tracklists to livesets being wrong, though, of course.

Old Post Aug-27-2003 12:36  United Kingdom
DJ-RED
Supreme tranceaddict

Could also be: Airwave - "Alone In The Dark"

Old Post Aug-27-2003 12:40  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ-RED Click here to Send DJ-RED a Private Message Add DJ-RED to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Identified Tracks Archive > Fire & Ice - "Silent Cry"
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackmax graham essential mix ID [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackColdplay - "Clocks" (Manny Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread