Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Visitors Thread!
Pages (33): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ziggy
Supreme tranceaddict

be aware of SARS

Old Post Jan-25-2005 16:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ziggy Click Here to Email Ziggy Click here to Send Ziggy a Private Message Add Ziggy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DarkAngel

quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy
be aware of SARS

Read my sig. I cannot die. I am forever.

Old Post Jan-26-2005 01:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for DarkAngel Click here to Send DarkAngel a Private Message Visit DarkAngel's homepage! Add DarkAngel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
arek
african messiah

quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy
be aware of SARS

Old Post Jan-26-2005 20:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for arek Click Here to Email arek Click here to Send arek a Private Message Visit arek's homepage! Add arek to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdustx
Supreme tranceaddict

www.tilltheam.com - promotions/events co-ordinators firm

sebasano

Old Post Jan-28-2005 21:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for djdustx Click Here to Email djdustx Click here to Send djdustx a Private Message Visit djdustx's homepage! Add djdustx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dallastar
~Dance~Sing~Floss~Travel~

Hello! some parties, fun ideas & information!!!

Promise Chamber event coming up late March
On the Promise front, we are busy organizing our annual Chamber music event where we rent out a grand piano and invite David’s father, a classically trained musician, to come down from Simcoe to play us a concert. Alongside Mr MacLeod will be a host of other musicians and performers including opera singers, cellist, piano players, modern dancers, and experimental electronic tinkerers. Young Julia Collucci will be displaying her awesome and quirky artwork. We really encourage anyone interested in contributing their own special music or art talents to get in touch as soon as possible. We would especially like to hear from electronic music lovers who have a background in classical music who would be in to playing something. The date is sunday afternoon March 27th from around 2 - 11pm and the venue is the warehouse space in Liberty Village at King and Dufferin. More details to follow.

David is looking for passengers from BC to Toronto
David will be driving in his mini van across the country in mid-march to come back to Toronto. Anyone who wants to share a leg of the journey or wants some items brought back please email mdave@sympatico.ca.

And here’s some event coming up that we think will be worth checking out,

thursday February 17th
Lo - Fi thursdays - Teeloo and Kenny Glasgow’s 5th Annual B-day Bash
Banzai Sushi - 134 Peter Street at Richmond
This is going to be an early affair with dinner and such starting at about 8.30pm. The price for the set menu is $25. Please be sure to call ahead if you want a table 416 341 0404. The place has these interactive screens which enable chatting between tables and the food is good. With dj Sneak, Christian Newhook, Kenny Glasgow and Teeloo's Kitchen. Dj Sneak has been out of the country and is coming back with some new music to share.

friday February 18th
wabi 6 year anniversary
42 Mowat Ave - south of King, east of Dufferin
Matthew Jonson will perform his first live set in Toronto and Adam Marshall will debut new live material. Come out and celebrate with Tom and the rest of the Wabi crew - they are a vital part of our diverse musical environment here in Toronto. $15 in advance and before 12am. Check out wabi.org for more information. Recommended.

friday February 18th
Kenny Dope and dj ?uestlove from the Roots
Roxy Blu - 12 Brant St
Junior Palmer has been throwing some really good nights recently and Kenny Dope and ?uestlove are superb. Definitely the place to take your lover in case you forgot to plan something for Valentine’s Day. $15 in advance.

saturday afternoon February 19th
Perfectly Imperfect
Camera Bar - 1028 Queen St W at Ossington
The film ‘Perfectly Imperfect’ has been selected for the National Screen Institute's Film Exchange in Winnipeg next month. In celebration there is a screening party at Atom Egoyan's Camera Bar. Also showing will be 'Freelancer' which was featured at the Toronto International Film Festival. This is an afternoon event from 2 - 5pm, with a cash bar.

saturday February 19th
Get Exponentially Fuk’d
99 Sudbury - south of Queen and Dovercourt
When is the last time you went to a really good warehouse party?! Fukhouse continues their Fuk’d series of awesome events at the so hospitable 99 Sudbury. With Greg Gow, Ian Guthrie, Lee Osborne, Eric Downer and Mike D. $15 before 2am and 20 afterwards. Map at fukhouse.ca/sudbury.jpg and flyer at fukhouse.ca/get-more-fuked.jpg. Highly recommended.

saturday February 19th
Emerge with Crackhaus live
Club OVs - 1302 Queen St W, just west of Dufferin, across from Stone’s Place
Montreal’s Crackhaus is minimal tech with micro house and digital glitch. Scott Monteith (Deadbeat) and Stephen Beaupré began the Crackhaus project in the interest of further exploring the use of unconventional sound sources within traditional house and techno. Their live performance showcases the duo’s humourous take on broken beat house filtered through all manner of sample sources. With Task, Dickard and Bobert (Jonah K and Mike Lambert), and Leelee Mishi. 10pm, $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Also highly recommended.

saturday February 19th
Illustrated Sound Movement
Babylon - 553 Church St, up on the 3rd floor
Babylon is one of the nicest bars around. Family run with lots of love. If you are in the area give them your support and be sure to say hello to the gracious owner Amir. With djs Christian Newhook, Derrick Ramirez and Amir. Free.

saturday February 26th
the East Village Opera Company featuring Tyley Ross
Mod Club Theatre - 722 College St
Time Out New York says, ‘See the band now while you can still get close!’
It’s an 11 piece ensemble that meld opera with rock. The East Village Opera Company is considered to be the first group to get the reinvention right. Puccini would be proud - these arias are the pop hits of their day, composed by the music experimentalist stars of their time. Tyley Ross is a good friend and he sings like a bird - he played the lead in the Who’s ‘Tommy’ here in Toronto - probably worth it alone just to hear him. Starts at 9pm. For more information check the website eastvillageoperacompany.com.

Looking for a place to live?
Here’s a message from our friend Steve Sheridan - I looking for a roommate. Looks like plans a, b & c aren't going to happen so I'm putting the call out to all my local friends and acquaintances. It's a funky 2 bedroom. and the view just can't be beat! In fact, the empty bedroom has a south view right from your pillow! It's very clean, extremely central (Gerrard and Sherbourne) and quite cheap. $600 includes everything... even cable and phone. Folks can reach me on 416 712 3151. I really appreciate y'all spreading the word.

Lululemon warehouse sale
If you are looking for some yoga wear there is a large warehouse sale going down from thursday February 24th to sunday 27th from 10am - 7pm at 590 King St W, second floor.

A tip for movie lovers
The local library is the place to get videos here in Toronto. There’s not always a great selection on hand but the librarian will help order in whatever you are looking for (even new releases), or go online and order them yourself through torontopubliclibraries.com. Depending, the wait time can be from one day to a couple of weeks but it’s free so whatever. All videos are a one week rentals and the late fee is 30 cents per day. Email us back with some movies you love, because we're often at a loss when we go out to look.

Treat people as if they are what they ought to be and you may help them to become what they are capable of being.

Old Post Feb-17-2005 22:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for dallastar Click here to Send dallastar a Private Message Visit dallastar's homepage! Add dallastar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

I did not read all of the pages to the thread but here is my input:

WHen I came up for Tiesto, the night before his set I went to Lot332 (I forget if those are the right numbers) and had a great time! Manzone and Strong were spinning all night and we had a GREAT time....the club also has a retractable roof.......it made the dance floor much cooler and it was great to dance under the stars! I also remember that Tiesto was hanging out there that week. The DJ's played a mixture of house, trance, reggae and hip-hop and somehow pulled that crazy mixture off!

Also my favorite hotel to stay at in Toronto is Quality Hotel Downtown (corner of Jarvis and King) EASY directions for out-of-towners, nice facilities, right downtown, very close to Guv and only about 5 minute taxi drive to the Docks. (walking distance to the club Lust. Also pretty cheap: about $70 a night....split that with 4 people and you are set!

Sorry for the long post

Old Post Feb-23-2005 21:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
malek
drinks your milkshake!

why can this thread be seen from the Canada forum??

oh yeah Toronto is the center of the universe...

Old Post Feb-26-2005 07:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for malek Click here to Send malek a Private Message Visit malek's homepage! Add malek to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
j_spot
retired

quote:
Originally posted by malek

I wondered the same thing

Old Post Feb-26-2005 07:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for j_spot Click Here to Email j_spot Click here to Send j_spot a Private Message Visit j_spot's homepage! Add j_spot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

quote:
Originally posted by malek

lol.. it cannot be denied !

Old Post Mar-03-2005 07:40  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
amartinathome
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL

lol.. it cannot be denied !

+2

Old Post Mar-11-2005 18:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for amartinathome Click here to Send amartinathome a Private Message Add amartinathome to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zookeeper
Fire God

The ferry from Rochester NY/Toronto CA should be back in business by May, (the city bought the ship)perfect for the summer.

Not sure of new price schedule

It may beat driving bumper to bumper at 85mph on the QEW

Old Post Mar-16-2005 07:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for zookeeper Click here to Send zookeeper a Private Message Add zookeeper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sti3
Supreme tranceaddict

Okay smack me if this has been asked 100 times before but what's a nice low-key friday night bar that has decent music and not-too-expensive drinks. Coming in town for HULLA (don't flame!) and we probably want to save our energy. I see Greg Benz is going to be at System Soundbar but i think that's too much club for us--just a neighborhood or college bar with a noname DJ would be fine.

If anyone can help that's great! I didn't post a separate thread on purpose!

Old Post Apr-26-2005 23:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sti3 Click Here to Email sti3 Click here to Send sti3 a Private Message Add sti3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Visitors Thread!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (33): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread