Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Blast From The Past, John Vesta - Gull...
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Pete Mitchell
Supreme tranceaddict

Blast From The Past, John Vesta - Gull...

is this not one of the best trance productions youve ever heard? i only really heard it recently and it has really blew me away.def. in top ten of all time.

i did a search on him earlier (real name John Horrocks)and was shocked to see that he committed suicide in 2001.terrible news.

apparently he collaborated with Amethyst and Poloaroid?

Has any one got any more information on John and wots your thoughts on 'Gull'?

Cheers guys...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Jon_Vesta

Taskforce - Touch Me (Promo)
Dave Joy - Second Chase

.::Addicted To::.
==========================
Filterheadz - Yimanya
The Thrillseekers - New Life (No.1 Tune)

Old Post Jan-27-2004 00:23  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Mitchell Click here to Send Pete Mitchell a Private Message Add Pete Mitchell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
starglider
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't have any info on John, but the buildup in Gull is more energetic than just about anything else out there.

Nice one brotha... I said nice one!

Old Post Jan-27-2004 00:29  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for starglider Click Here to Email starglider Click here to Send starglider a Private Message Add starglider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pete Mitchell
Supreme tranceaddict

hehe aul Pete Tong!!! yeh that set has to one of my favs.so much energy.cant beat oakey back in the day tho...

Taskforce - Touch Me (Promo)
Dave Joy - Second Chase

.::Addicted To::.
==========================
Filterheadz - Yimanya
The Thrillseekers - New Life (No.1 Tune)

Old Post Jan-27-2004 00:31  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Mitchell Click here to Send Pete Mitchell a Private Message Add Pete Mitchell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gatecrasher
Armin Addict

One amazing track I gotta say, heard it in Oakenfold set from Lotherton Hall.

Cant believe the guy is dead

Old Post Jan-27-2004 00:34  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for gatecrasher Click Here to Email gatecrasher Click here to Send gatecrasher a Private Message Visit gatecrasher's homepage! Add gatecrasher to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Mikey Mike
Your mum's face

I have always loved this track. If you search for all the top 10 threads of all time on this forum you will see this track making an appearance in many of the lists, including my own

Old Post Jan-27-2004 00:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Mikey Mike Click here to Send DJ Mikey Mike a Private Message Add DJ Mikey Mike to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Philby
Statement: Die, meatbag!

quote:
Originally posted by starglider
I don't have any info on John, but the buildup in Gull is more energetic than just about anything else out there.

Nice one brotha... I said nice one!

!

i love that bit!
i've actually cut out that bit from the set into a seperate file

*haha nice sig mike

August 2011

Last edited by Philby on Jan-27-2004 at 01:19

Old Post Jan-27-2004 01:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Philby Click Here to Email Philby Click here to Send Philby a Private Message Visit Philby's homepage! Add Philby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aloep
REDIICULASE!!

Re: Blast From The Past, John Vesta - Gull...

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Mitchell
is this not one of the best trance productions youve ever heard? i only really heard it recently and it has really blew me away.def. in top ten of all time.

i did a search on him earlier (real name John Horrocks)and was shocked to see that he committed suicide in 2001.terrible news.

apparently he collaborated with Amethyst and Poloaroid?

Has any one got any more information on John and wots your thoughts on 'Gull'?

Cheers guys...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Jon_Vesta

Amethyst and Poloroid were John Horrocks and Lee Milleare. Amethyst were a very big name in the UK trance/progressive house scene during the mid 90's. They produced "So Damn Beautiful" in 1998.

John Horrocks apparently commited suicide in March 2001. From the sources I have, to this day nobody knows why.

Old Post Jan-27-2004 01:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for aloep Click Here to Email aloep Click here to Send aloep a Private Message Add aloep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TiksA
Supreme tranceaddict

He prolly saw that rap and rnb pop crap is taking over and brainwashing all the kids to become wannbee pro gangstas...

Old Post Jan-27-2004 05:14  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for TiksA Click here to Send TiksA a Private Message Add TiksA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spang
Supreme tranceaddict

Pure trance 1999 track. Im glad its in my vinyl collection

Old Post Jan-27-2004 05:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Spang Click here to Send Spang a Private Message Add Spang to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

one of the best tracks ever...a true classic...i love most of John's stuff...he had such talent...damn shame really...

Old Post Jan-27-2004 05:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Floorfiller Click here to Send Floorfiller a Private Message Visit Floorfiller's homepage! Add Floorfiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
webmeister
beats that go thump

NICE ONE BROTHER!!!

Old Post Jan-27-2004 06:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for webmeister Click Here to Email webmeister Click here to Send webmeister a Private Message Add webmeister to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mikefasssy
Fa Kin Su Pah

Dope track, it's got that older sound in it that you never hear anymore. Picked it up for 5 bucks at a used record shop

Old Post Jan-27-2004 06:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mikefasssy Click here to Send mikefasssy a Private Message Add mikefasssy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Blast From The Past, John Vesta - Gull...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread